It’s not even Christmas, but the Philadelphia Eagles have delivered two lumps of coal and an ugly tie.
The Eagles started out their 2020 season by jumping out to a 17-0 lead early in the second quarter against the Washington Football Team. Since then, the Birds have been outscored 87-42.
Last week, the Eagles opened as six-point favorites against the Cincinnati Bengals and by kickoff, the lines at most sportsbooks was 4.5. The Eagles did not cover, and the game ended in a tie.
They visit the San Francisco 49ers for a Sunday Night Football matchup. The 49ers opened favored by 6.5 points, then it spiked to 7.5. By Sunday afternoon, it was 8.5 or 9 at most Pennsylvania online sportsbooks.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49ers odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings as of Friday, Oct. 2, followed by updated odds as game time approaches.
|Philadelphia Eagles||+7.5 (-110)||+290||O 47.5 (-110)|
|Baltimore Ravens||-7.5 (-110)||-345||U 47.5 (-110)|
Eagles vs. 49ers Week 4 Betting Preview
The Eagles didn’t do much to give backers hope that they were on the path to turning things around against the Bengals. Carson Wentz looked shaky and tossed two interceptions. His receiving corps was depleted further when DeSean Jackson and Dallas Goedert left the game due to injuries. Despite three possessions in overtime, the Eagles failed to score and the game ended tied, 23-23.
During Week 3, the 49ers easily handled the New York Giants, 36-9. The Niners have had their own injury issues and were without quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (knee), running back Raheem Mostert (knee), running back Tevin Coleman (knee) and defensive end Nick Bosa (ACL — out for the season).
Garoppolo and Mostert did not practice on Thursday, and it’s unclear if they will be ready on Sunday night.
The Eagles’ injury report is so long, it might be more effective to just list the healthy players.
Public slightly leans toward the 49ers, loves the over
Public betting splits at FanDuel for Eagles vs. 49ers (-7):
- 50% of bets and 56% of money for 49ers on the spread
- 70% of bets and 58% of money for Eagles on the ML
- 81% of bets and 64% of money on the over (46)
Public betting splits at DraftKings:
- 55% of the handle on 49ers on the spread (-7)
- 88% of the handle on the over (46)
- 53% of the handle on the 49ers on the ML (-315)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49ers betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles are 0-3 ATS; the 49ers are 2-1 ATS.
- Each of the Eagles’ last five road games has gone OVER the total points line.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in five of the Eagles’ last six games.
- The 49ers have won 17 of their last 22 games.
- The Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys are the only teams in the NFC who are 0-3 ATS so far this season.
- The total points line opened at 43 and is now 46.
- The 49ers started their season with a 24-20 loss to the Cardinals. They then took a bite out of the Big Apple by beating the Jets (31-13) and the Giants (36-9).
Week 4 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- NFL Profit Boost: Opt in and you’ll get a single-use profit boost to use on every NFL game for Week 4. A 20% profit boost will apply to the winnings (max bet $50).
- 100-1 odds: New users at DraftKings get 100-1 odds on any Week 3 game.
- Happy Hour Boost: 30% profit boost on every NFL Sunday late afternoon game.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 4, and if you don’t win, get a refund of up to $10 in site credit.
- Bet the Eagles to win risk-free vs. the 49ers. Get a free bet up to $50 if they lose.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
Week 4 Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49ers bet boosts
(Max bet $50)
- Miles Sanders to score a touchdown and Eagles to cover (+7.5) boosted from (+299) to +360
- George Kittle to score the first touchdown of the game boosted from (+650) to +800
- Miles Sanders to score the first TD boosted from (+700) to +790
- George Kittle to score over 1.5 touchdowns and over 52.5 receiving yards boosted from (+800) to +900
- Carson Wentz to throw under 199.5 passing yards and over 1.5 interceptions (yes) +320
- Miles Sanders to score the first TD (yes) +820
- Miles Sanders and Jerrick McKinnon to combine for 150+ rushing yards boosted from (+160) to +190
- Wentz and Mullens to get one or more interceptions each boosted from (+175) to +215
- Brandon Aiyuk to score the first TD boosted from (+1000) to +1300
- Final score: 49ers 27, Eagles 21 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Greg Ward to score a TD in the fourth quarter boosted from (+600) to +800
Betting trends and news for Week 4
At Fox Bet:
- Despite a 1-2 start to the season, 69% of the money is on the Dallas Cowboys to beat the Cleveland Browns.
- Prior to the NFL season, the Buffalo Bills were +1200 to win the AFC. After a 3-0 start, they are now +1000.
What happens when you doubt Aaron Rodgers? The Green Bay Packers’ Super Bowl odds were +3100 during Week 1. After a 3-0 start and averaging 40 ppg, they now have the fourth-best odds (+1300) to win the Super Bowl. Rodgers has seen his MVP odds improve from +2300 to +700. He is third favorite behind Russell Wilson (+220) and Patrick Mahomes (+380).
Highest percentage of handle to cover the point spread:
- 95%: Seattle Seahawks (-6) vs. Miami Dolphins
Highest percentage of handle for total points:
- 88%: Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49ers (over 46)
- 88%: Atlanta Falcons vs. Green Bay Packers (over 56.5)
Highest percentage of handle for moneyline:
- 97%: Seattle Seahawks (-265) vs. Miami Dolphins
Complete Week 4 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Duane Burleson