BetMGM Sportsbook PA – $1,500 with Code PLAYPASB
Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania in September using our exclusive best BetMGM bonus code PLAYPASB to have your first bet refunded in bonus bets for up to $1,500. If you sign up using the BetMGM bonus code GETPASB, you’ll receive $200 in bonus bets instantly simply by placing a single $10 bet.
In this BetMGM sportsbook review, we list what you should know before giving the sportsbook a try. There are sections dedicated to the BetMGM Sportsbook app, the betting markets and banking options, and of course info about the BetMGM Sportsbook app for iOS and Android.
Remember to use the top BetMGM Pennsylvania code PLAYPASB when opening your new account to be eligible for $1,500 in bonus bets.
What is the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code for Pennsylvania?
The BetMGM bonus code for sports bettors in Pennsylvania is PLAYPASB. Use PLAYPASB when you sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania, and your opening bet will be refunded in bonus bets if it loses for up to $1,500.
BetMGM has another welcome bonus option for Pennsylvania bettors. Register with the BetMGM Pennsylvania code GETPASB and receive $200 in bonus bets after placing your first $10 cash bet.
BetMGM Pennsylvania welcome bonus in September 2023
|BetMGM Pennsylvania Bonus Code||PLAYPASB||GETPASB|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,500 refund if first bet loses||Bet $10, Get $200 in bonus bets|
|Terms||• Only your first bet is eligible|
• Refund paid in non-withdrawable bonus bets
|• Must use above link and bonus code to claim
• $200 awarded as four $50 bonus bets
|Last Verified||September 26, 2023||September 26, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see BetMGM Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How to claim the $1,500 BetMGM welcome bonus
Claiming your BetMGM first bet offer is a breeze.
Start by registering a new BetMGM account, making your first deposit, and using our BetMGM Pennsylvania bonus code PLAYPASB.
After that, go ahead and make your initial bet. If it’s a winner, congrats on the nice start on the site. But if it doesn’t win, BetMGM will refund the total amount of your wager up to the maximum of $1,500 in bonus bets.
A few things to note about the bonus bets you’ll receive as part of the bonus:
- Wagers up to $49 will be refunded with one bonus bet for the total amount of the wager. Wagers over $50 will be refunded in five equal bonus bets, each worth 20% of the total wager
- Bonus bets will arrive in your account within 24 hours of the losing initial bet settling
- You have seven days to use your bonus bets, or they will expire
Top sports to bet on at BetMGM Pennsylvania Sept. 21-Oct. 22
Here are the biggest betting events on the BetMGM Sportsbook app for Pennsylvania from now until October 22.
- College Football Week 4: As college football enters its fourth week of play, conference schedules have started and major football powers are clashing more often. Penn State is at home this week, but it faces a Top 25 opponent. BetMGM Sportsbook has the Nittany Lions as 15.5-point favorites when they host the Iowa Hawkeyes on September 23. The total for the game is 40.5, while Penn State is a -650 moneyline favorite. Iowa has +450 odds. The Pittsburgh Panthers also have a home game on September 23. Pitt will be a 7.5-point home underdog when they play the North Carolina Tar Heels. The total on the game is 50.5, while Pittsburgh is a +240 moneyline underdog. The Tar Heels have -300 odds. Meanwhile, Temple is a 24.5 home underdog when it hosts the Miami Hurricanes on September 23. If you want to bet on the game between the two highest-ranked teams, BetMGM Sportsbook has the Ohio State Buckeyes as three-point road favorites when they play the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- NFL Week 3: The NFL regular season is two weeks old and only nine teams have 2-0 records. Seven of those teams are in the NFC and three are in the NFC East, so the Philadelphia Eagles must keep winning if they want to secure the No. 1 seed again in 2023. The Eagles go on the road on Monday Night Football to face another 2-0 team this week — this time the surprising Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Baker Mayfield is the quarterback, but Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are still the receivers. The Bucs have defeated the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears in back-to-back weeks and their defense has played a key role. The Eagles have gotten early leads in defeating the Patriots and Vikings, but their defense let both teams back in those games. BetMGM Sportsbook has the Eagles as a 5.5-point road favorite when they visit Tampa. The total is 46, the Eagles are -250 moneyline favorites, and the Buccaneers have +200 moneyline odds. The 1-1 Pittsburgh Steelers will visit the 1-1 Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday Night Football this week. It’s one of the classic NFL rivalries, though perhaps with a bit less luster with Jimmy Garoppolo and Kenny Pickett at the helm for each team. The Steelers’ defense is still elite, as Alex Highsmith forced a fumble and T.J. Watt scored a touchdown to give the Steelers the win in their Week 2 game against the Cleveland Browns. The Steelers offense continues its struggles under offensive coordinate Matt Canada. Steelers fans chanted “Fire Canada” during the Browns game, though players said they did not hear the outburst. The Raiders have their own issues, so BetMGM has them as only 1.5-point home favorites against Pittsburgh on Sunday night. The game has a total of 43, while the Steelers are +100 moneyline underdogs. The Raiders have -120 moneyline odds.
- MLB Games: The Major League Baseball season has entered its last two weeks when each game takes on a heightened meaning for teams in the playoff race. The Philadelphia Phillies remain 15 games behind the Atlanta Braves in the NL East, but they appear well-situated to secure a Wild Card spot. Currently, the Phillies are 3.5 games ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks as the 1st-place team in the NL Wild Card standings. They’re 4 games ahead of the Miami Marlins and Chicago Cubs, while they’re 4.5 games ahead of the Cincinnati Reds. While that sets up nicely for the Phillies, the fact that four teams are within four games means the Phillies must keep winning. Any losing streak of 3 or 4 games could mean a tight final week of play. The Phillies visit the Atlanta Braves on September 18-20, then host the New York Mets on September 21-24. They have another home series against the Pittsburgh Pirates on September 26-28, then close out the year with a road trip at the New York Mets from September 29 to October 1. After that, Philadelphia fans hope to bet on Phillies games in a Wild Card matchup from October 3 to October 5. With some degree of luck, BetMGM Sportsbook will be posting odds on the Phillies playoff run late into October.
- UEFA Champions League: The 2024 UEFA Champions League group stage continues throughout the next month. The top teams in Europe play, as featured games on September 19 and September 20 include AC Milan versus Newcastle, PSG versus Dortmund, Manchester City versus Crvena Zvezda, Bayern Munich versus Manchester United, and Arsenal versus PSV. In October, bettors will find games between AC Milan and PSG, Celtic and Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Copenhagen, Real Madrid and Braga, and Manchester City and RB Leipzig. UEFA Champions League 2024 has several matchdays over the next months — on September 19-20, October 3-4, and October 24-25. BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania will have odds on each of those pivotal matches.
- Ryder Cup: The 2023 Ryder Cup takes place over a three-day period from September 29 to October 1 at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club near Rome, Italy. BetMGM Sportsbook has the Americans as the favorites to win the event, as they have -110 moneyline odds to be the tournament winner. Europe has +120 odds, while a tie has +1200 odds. If you prefer to bet on who will lift the trophy, the USA has -150 odds and Europe has +120. This eliminates the tie possibility. Since the USA won the last Ryder Cup in 2021, the Americans would lift the trophy in case of a tie. BetMGM allows bettors to wager on the top points scorer. Scottie Scheffler has the best odds at +700, while Rory McIlroy is next at +900. The remaining members of the top five are Patrick Cantlay (+1100), Jon Rahm (+1200), and Viktor Hovland (+1200).
- NHL Regular Season: The NHL regular season opens on October 10 when the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Chicago Blackhawks, the Nashville Predators visit the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Las Vegas Golden Knights host the Seattle Kraken. Opening night will signal Sidney Crosby’s 19th season with the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Penguins-Blackhawks game has a special significance in the eyes of the NHL’s schedule makers. The Chicago Blackhawks drafted Connor Bedard with the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s NHL Draft. Many view Bedard as the best prospect since Connor McDavid was drafted 1st overall in 2015 — or even since Sidney Crosby was drafted 1st overall in 2005. If so, the Penguins-Blackhawks matchup on October 10 will be the first meeting between two generations’ biggest stars — or a precursor to the eventual changing of the guard in the NHL. BetMGM already has odds on Penguins-Blackhawks, as it has Pittsburgh as -225 favorites and Chicago as +185 underdogs. While the match may not have the same historical significance, BetMGM Sportsbook also has odds on the Philadelphia Flyers’ season opener on October 12. The Flyers visit the Columbus Blue Jackets, where they are slight +100 road underdogs against Columbus (-120).
- NBA Preseason: On October 5, the NBA preseason schedule begins when the Dallas Mavericks visit the Minnesota Timberwolves. Two days later, the Los Angeles Lakers visit the Golden State Warriors. The Philadelphia 76ers preseason begins on October 8, when the Sixers visit the Boston Celtics. The Sixers and Celtics play again (this time in Philly) on October 11. Philadelphia visits the Brooklyn Nets on October 16, then host the Atlanta Hawks on October 20 to close out their preseason schedule. October 28 is the opening night of the regular season for the 76ers, as they visit the Milwaukee Bucks to launch the 2023-2024. Who knows whether James Harden will still be on the roster on opening night? In either case, BetMGM Sportsbook will have odds on every Sixers preseason and regular season game in the upcoming season.
Is BetMGM sportsbook legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is legal in Pennsylvania. It is regulated and licensed thanks to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
BetMGM Sportsbook is one of the more popular sports betting apps in Pennsylvania. You can wager on a full slate on pro sports like NFL, college football, and NBA. There is also prop betting, live, in-game wagering and futures betting to name a few of our favorites. BetMGM also has same game parlays and keep an eye out for PA-team based promos.
How to create a BetMGM sportsbook account
Creating your BetMGM Sportsbook account is a simple process, one that you can complete on your computer or by using the BetMGM app. To start, use this link to join BetMGM Sportsbook.
- Whether you’re on the BetMGM website or app, you’ll click on the “Register” button at the top right of the screen.
- The first thing you need to enter is your email address and then you’ll create a password.
- On the following page you need to enter your birth date, first and last name and the last four digits of your Social Security number. The Social Security info is to help verify that you are who you say you are.
- Next is the screen where you’ll enter the BetMGM sportsbook bonus code: ‘PLAYPASB‘. You also must supply your home address and phone number at this point.
The whole process should take only a few minutes, and now you are ready to start betting at BetMGM Sportsbook.
BetMGM Sportsbook app
You can place bets online at BetMGM by using the BetMGM website or BetMGM app for iOS and Android. In this section, we are talking only about the sportsbook app, but you can do just about everything on the website, as well. The only difference is that the locations of some things could be slightly different.
How to download the BetMGM Sportsbook app for Pennsylvania
Before doing anything on the BetMGM app, you need to get it on your iPad, iPhone or Android device. You can use this link to visit BetMGM and download the app from there.
When you click on the links, you should see a button labeled “download.” You will select it and then if prompted selected “yes” when asked if you trust the source of the download. Then you’ll select the file and install it.
Once the file finishes installing, you are ready to open the app and get to betting.
Navigating the BetMGM app
The BetMGM Sportsbook app works both horizontally and vertically. It functions pretty much the same in either orientation, though horizontally there will be more information visible.
Across the top of the app are listings for all the sports you can bet on along with tabs to BetMGM’s parlay builder, promotions pages and your bet slip. Right below that are various boosted bets and prebuilt parlays for upcoming events.
As you continue to work your way down the page, you’ll see a rotating marquee with BetMGM promotions. Next are live games you can bet on, followed by the top games that are coming up.
Always at the bottom of the homepage are links to your bet slip, your bets and BetMGM’s promotions. There also is a link for an A-Z listing of the sports you can wager on.
Under your account, which you can access from the top right corner of the screen, you will see tabs for contacting customer support, accessing the BetMGM cashier, viewing your M life Rewards status and logging out.
Overall the BetMGM Sportsbook app is a solid entry into the Pennsylvania mobile sports betting marketplace, though the app itself is not quite as user friendly as others. But none of the quirks are anything close to being a deal breaker, and thanks to the quality promos, we’re excited about BetMGM’s arrival in the Keystone State.
Best features of the BetMGM Sportsbook app
BetMGM has a lot to like, and here we present to you our three favorites:
- Rewards program: Not only does BetMGM have a rewards program, but it’s the same loyalty program that is connected to all MGM Resort properties, M life Rewards. You earn points for every sports bet you make, and you can redeem points for rewards on the BetMGM app or at MGM properties.
- Parlay Builder: Back in October 2020 it was announced that BetMGM had partnered with Betgenius to launch Parlay Builder at the online sportsbook. It makes creating parlays a breeze, taking only a few seconds instead of having to navigate all around the app or website.
- Welcome Bonus: There’s no denying that it was a little disappointing when BetMGM stopped offering a welcome bonus to Pennsylvania sports bettors. But as of early September 2022, the welcome bonus up to $1,500 was back in service on the BetMGM Pennsylvania app. That’s good news. You can find out how this compares to other top PA sportsbook promos here.
How could BetMGM improve?
While BetMGM does many things well, here are three things we wish the new Pennsylvania sportsbook did better:
- Improved app experience: We mentioned a few times that the BetMGM app can be a little quirky and difficult to navigate. Sometimes it is difficult to create your own parlays, while other times it just feels super slow getting from one place to another. It doesn’t feel as if the BetMGM app is that far from being great, but it definitely could use a little improving.
- Different default bet settings: When we got started with BetMGM, we noticed that whenever we went to make a bet it would put $50 down for our bet, whereas most online sportsbooks leave the bet amount empty. Also, you only had to click the place bet button once. Needless to say, it felt as if it would be very easy to accidentally make a $50 bet. We changed our settings, but we wish the bet slip setting would be set to zero dollars and require a second click to place any wager.
Types of bets available on BetMGM Pennsylvania Sportsbook
BetMGM accepts all manner of sports bets. Here’s a look at the most common types, along with examples to help make it clear how the wagers work.
- Moneyline: For moneylines, all you are doing is picking who will win, nothing else. If a moneyline is listed as Pittsburgh Steelers -275 vs. Baltimore Ravens +230, that tells you that Pittsburgh is the favorite and you would need to bet $275 in order to win $100. A bet on underdog Baltimore on the other hand would require a $100 wager to win $230.
- Point spread: For spreads, your wager is taking margin of victory into account. Let’s stick with the same teams for our example: Steelers -6.5 vs. Ravens +6.5. If you bet on the Steelers, they would need to win by seven points or more to cover the spread and make your bet a winner. If you bet on the Ravens, they could win outright or lose by as many as six points and your bet still would be a winner.
- Totals: When it comes to totals, you are wagering on how many points two teams will combine to score in a game. Totals are commonly called over/unders, as well. Suppose for a game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys that the total was set at 53.5 points. If you bet on the over, you’re saying that you think the teams will combine to score 54 points or more. If the final score was 35-20, you would win your bet.
- Props: When it comes to props, you’re dealing with side action bets. They can be on anything from whether a player will score a touchdown during a football game to whether a pitcher will have a certain number of strikeouts in a baseball game. For example: Will Sidney Crosby score a goal in the Pittsburgh Penguins game? Will Joel Embiid have more than 12.5 rebounds in the Philadelphia 76ers game?
- Parlays: Parlays combine multiple bets into a single wager. Parlays can be across different sports and encompass various types of bets. Each individual bet must be correct for you to win your parlay. For example, you could make a parlay in which you pick the Eagles, Steelers, Penguins and 76ers to all win their games one weekend. If any of the four teams fails to win, your bet is a complete loss.
- Teasers: With teasers, you are betting against the spread, but you’re able to move the line in your favor. Here’s a three-team teaser example: You create a teaser with the Eagles (-1.5), Steelers (-13.5) and Cowboys (+6.5) all covering the spread and you tease it by six points. So your new spreads become Eagles (+4.5), Steelers (-7.5) and Cowboys (+12.5).
- Round robins: You are combining three or more picks, similar to a parlay. Unlike parlays, round robins allow you to miss on one selection and still win some money. Let’s look at a how a three-team MLB round robin would work: You create a round robin with the Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates and Los Angeles Dodgers all winning. Those picks are combined into groups of two — Phillies-Pirates, Phillies-Dodgers and Pirates-Dodgers. So now if the Phillies and Pirates win, but the Dodgers lose, one of your bets still would pay out.
- Futures: With futures, you are betting on events to happen further out than just the next game. The most common futures bets involving picking championship winners, over/unders for regular season wins and which players will win individual awards like MVP. Examples of futures bets would be picking the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, the 76ers to win the NBA’s Eastern Conference or Sidney Crosby to win the Hart Trophy, given to the NHL’s regular season MVP.
- Live betting: These are any bets that you place after a game has started. The frantic pace of live betting makes it perfect for a sportsbook app as you’ll see odds change rapidly from one possession to the next. For live, in game wagering you can bet on everything from who will win to the result of the next possession or pitch.
Sports you can bet on at BetMGM in Pennsylvania
BetMGM has all the sports you would want and even some you might not have even considered at an online sportsbook.
But that is far from all; you can also bet on soccer leagues from across the globe like the Champions League and the English Premier League, and there also are tons of smaller, secondary sports like rugby and table tennis to choose from.
Just remember: You will find only sports betting at BetMGM, nothing for events like the Academy Awards or amateur drafts like the NBA draft as those are not allowed under Pennsylvania gambling law.
Pennsylvania sports teams you can bet on
Here is a look at all the local pro and college teams you can legally wager on:
- The state has have two teams apiece in MLB, the NHL and the NFL. In baseball, it’s the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates; hockey has the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers; and there are the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers in football.
- Of the major sports leagues, the NBA is the only one in which we have just one team to call our own, and that team is the Philadelphia 76ers. And don’t forget about Major League Soccer, with our very own Philadelphia Union.
- If you think that’s a lot of pro teams, there are even more Division I college squads in Pennsylvania. Starting with college football, there are three schools that play in the Football Bowl Subdivision, and they’re all in different conferences. The Penn State Nittany Lions play in the Big Ten, the Pittsburgh Panthers are in the ACC and the Temple Owls are in the American Athletic Conference.
- Then there are another eight schools competing in the Football Championship Subdivision: the Bucknell Bison, Duquesne Dukes, Lafayette Leopards, Lehigh Mountain Hawks, Penn Quakers, Robert Morris Colonials, Saint Francis Red Flash and Villanova Wildcats.
On the BetMGM app you should find odds for all FBS games, while some FCS games might not be there based on the level of competition.
All 11 of the schools mentioned above have men’s college basketball teams that you can bet on at BetMGM, as well as three more that don’t have football teams: the Drexel Dragons, La Salle Explorers and Saint Joseph’s Hawks.
Don’t forget, when signing up with BetMGM Sportsbook to enter the BetMGM bonus code PLAYPASB.
Pennsylvania futures betting
You’ll quickly discover that if you check out the futures offerings at sportsbooks throughout the Keystone State, they can be very different from book to book. For that reason, we wanted to show you what you will see when it comes futures markets at BetMGM.
- Title winners: BetMGM has some of the best futures markets you will find when it comes to betting on championship winners across all the major sports. You can bet on who will win the next Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup and NBA Finals. BetMGM also has markets for the winner of the College Football Playoff and the men’s NCAA basketball national title. That is far from all, though. You’ll find futures for division and conference winners across the major sports, too.
- Individual award winners: The individual futures markets at BetMGM aren’t quite as good as its team championship ones. For the NFL, you can wager on the eventual MVP winner, while the NBA has odds for MVP, rookie of the year and defensive player of the year. As of late 2020, there were odds for who would win the Hart Memorial Trophy, given to the NHL’s regular season most valuable player, but none for any MLB individual awards.
- Regular season win totals: While BetMGM might add this in the future, currently it does not offer odds for team regular season win totals. Whether that is because the 2020 seasons were thrown into disarray because of the COVID-19 pandemic remains to be seen.
How do you deposit and withdraw on the BetMGM app?
You have plenty of options for ways to deposit and withdraw using the BetMGM app. The operator is also known as one of the fastest-paying online sportsbooks in PA, delivering funds within 24 hours. First, here are your deposit options:
- Bank transfer
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover)
- BetMGM Play+ prepaid credit card
And here are the ways you can withdraw:
- Bank transfer
- BetMGM Play+ prepaid credit card
It has not been announced which retail casino BetMGM Sportsbook will partner with in Pennsylvania, but you should be able to both deposit and withdraw money at the casino cage there.
How to contact BetMGM customer support
If you need to reach out to BetMGM customer support, you’ll click on your account, then select support and finally FAQs.
From there you’ll be taken through a list where you select your problem. If by the end of answering BetMGM’s questions you still need help, you’ll be able to select from email, phone or live chat to communicate further. Usually there is a message that says something to the effect of “Due to overwhelming chats, please feel free to email.”
So needless to say, your best bet appears to be emailing the BetMGM Sportsbook help desk, but if you need help immediately, choosing the live chat or phone options still is probably better.
Responsible gambling at BetMGM Sportsbook
As is the case with most online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania, you will find a page about responsible betting on BetMGM’s website. BetMGM provides websites and phone numbers you can reach out to if you believe you have a gambling problem.
Also, if you are unaware, at online sportsbooks like BetMGM you can set limits on how much money you can wager and deposit at any one time. You also can place restrictions as to how much time you can spend on the site. As a last resort, you can ban yourself entirely from the sportsbook.
Where is the BetMGM retail sportsbook?
We still don’t know whether BetMGM will eventually have a retail location in Pennsylvania. We will update this review if and when there is news in this regard.
Is BetMGM the best sportsbook in Pennsylvania?
BetMGM is without a doubt one of the best sportsbooks in the Keystone State. It’s pretty heady company when you consider you also have DraftKings, FanDuel, BetRivers, and Caesars to compete with. In addition to a new and improved sports betting app and quality betting odds across the board, you really can’t go wrong when you sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania in September 2023.
BetMGM Sportsbook PA FAQ
Yes, the best BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code is PLAYPASB. Use it when you join BetMGM Pennsylvania to get a welcome bonus worth up to $1,500 in bonus bets.
Another option is using the BetMGM Pennsylvania bonus code GETPASB to claim a bet and get offer. With this bonus, you Bet $10 and Get $200 in bonus bets. The choice is yours.
Full details can be found in the BetMGM welcome bonus section above.
You must bet 21 or older, and you must have geolocation software enabled for BetMGM to verify that you are within Pennsylvania state lines when placing a bet.
No, you also can use the BetMGM website to place bets, but the BetMGM app does allow you the freedom to place sports bets from anywhere in Pennsylvania that you have an internet connection.
The BetMGM Sportsbook app is a tiny bit slower than DraftKings, and the BetMGM PA currently does not offer a welcome bonus or promos. BetMGM Sportsbook still has some of the best odds in the industry though.
Yes. BetMGM sportsbook is regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. And BetMGM also is operated by MGM Resorts, one of the biggest and most trusted names in the industry.
Yes. While some states don’t allow for betting on in-state college teams, Pennsylvania is not one of them. So, for example, you can bet on the Villanova men’s basketball team as much as you want at BetMGM.