Disclaimer: BetFanatics Sportsbook does not exist yet. This sportsbook review is speculative and will be updated once Fanatics launches a sportsbook app in Pennsylvania.
The United States sports betting market is currently experiencing an unprecedented boom. Legalization is happening across many states, as more and more companies look to get in on the action. As such, consumers across the nation are looking for reputable online sports betting brands.
Enter Fanatics, the long-time sports memorabilia supplier. This retail giant has taken the first step toward launching its own sportsbook, applying for a trademark under the name “BetFanatics.” Fanatics is looking to build on its existing goodwill with sports fans to begin taking bets.
BetFanatics is still in its infancy, and it is anyone’s guess as to when we might see the platform officially launch. This sportsbook preview will dive into all its potential aspects.
BetFanatics PA Sportsbook bonus code February 2023
Since BetFanatics Sportsbook is not live yet, we can’t clearly outline its welcome bonus. If there is a BetFanatics welcome bonus, you will find its corresponding code here as soon as it’s announced.
|Online Sportsbook||BetFanatics Sportsbook Pennsylvania|
|BetFanatics Sportsbook Bonus Code||TBD|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
BetFanatics Sportsbook PA welcome bonus
As we said, BetFanatics online sportsbook in PA is not yet live, so it is impossible to predict its welcome bonus. However, by looking around the industry at other sportsbooks’ welcome bonus offerings, we can get an idea of what the operator might offer.
As a baseline, it’s a near-certainty that BetFanatics will eventually offer a welcome bonus. This is an industry standard, as it helps with customer acquisition in a crowded market. We typically see a few different types of sports welcome bonuses. If BetFanatics offers one or some combination of these bonuses, that will be a big win for new users.
- Deposit match bonus: This is perhaps the most common type of welcome bonus in the industry. Deposit match bonuses are exactly what they sound like: the operator will match your initial deposit up to a certain maximum amount. For example, BetFanatics could offer a 100% deposit bonus up to $250. This would mean your initial deposit would be doubled by the operator up to a maximum of $250.
- Risk-free bet bonus: This is another common type of welcome bonus offered by sportsbooks. Essentially, if your first bet loses, the operator will refund you up to a certain amount, so there is truly no risk in wagering. The operator will likely set a limit on how much you can wager on your risk-free bet, but you can often still win big using this kind of bonus without worrying about losing.
- Free bet bonus: This type of welcome bonus is kind of a combination of the first two, but it’s slightly less common. Free bet bonuses are very simple; the operator deposits free money into your account when you sign up. These bonus funds can then be used to bet on any sport you like. Usually, these bonuses aren’t much more than $50, but free money is free money!
Can I trust BetFanatics in Pennsylvania?
Although BetFanatics is not up and running yet, we fully expect it to be a safe and secure platform for all users. Fanatics was founded right here in the United States, down in Jacksonville, Florida. American business tycoon Michael G. Rubin founded the company in 2011 and has provided officially licensed sports merchandise to sports fans across the United States (and beyond) ever since. The company has strong relationships with each of the major sports leagues as well as consumers, so there is no reason to think that the associated sports betting platform won’t be fully legit.
Perhaps most importantly, in order to become officially active in Pennsylvania and around the US, Fanatics will have to obtain the necessary license from each state’s gaming governing body. The operator will also need to enter retail partnerships to gain market access in some states.
Getting started at BetFanatics Sportsbook in PA
If Fanatics does officially move into the legal PA sports betting space, creating a new account with the sportsbook will be very straightforward. All legal sportsbooks have a very similar registration process. You sign up, deposit funds and start betting within minutes.
To commence the signup process at BetFanatics Sportsbook Pennsylvania, head to the website and find the ‘Register’ link. From there, you’ll need to enter a handful of personal information such as:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
This information will be used to ensure that you are qualified to create a sports betting account with BetFanatics. The operator will likely then employ a geolocation process to confirm that you are located in a legal sports betting state. You may also be asked to provide some confirming documents such as a driver’s license or bank statement. Once you have been confirmed, you’re all set to start wagering with BetFanatics.
BetFanatics PA Sportsbook app
BetFanatics will almost certainly create a top mobile sportsbook app for both IOS and Android users. This will allow users to bet anywhere that is legal, straight from their phone. To download the app, head to the BetFanatics website and locate your operating system’s mobile app download link. Once you’ve downloaded the BetFanatics online sportsbook app, sign up for a new account or enter your existing credentials to log into your account. Just like that, you’re ready to wager straight from your phone on BetFanatics.
Where do I find BetFanatics promotions?
To stay competitive with other sportsbooks, BetFanatics will very likely offer users promotions. You will likely have to click the ‘Promo’ tab on the BetFanatics website and mobile app to find all the current promotions. While we don’t know exactly what the operator will offer, we can speculate based on what we see around the industry.
- Odds boosts: To entice action, the operator will likely offer odds boosts on specific bets throughout the year. For example, a +150 bet on Najee Harris to rush for over 100 yards might be boosted to +200 on any given Sunday. These odds boosts can be influenced by storylines or simply at the operator’s discretion.
- Profit boosts: This type of promo is fairly similar to odds boosts. Users can capitalize on these promos by placing bets on standard lines, but they’ll receive higher payouts if the bet hits. A typical profit boost on bets usually falls around 20%, meaning you’ll earn 20% more from every bet that hits.
- Special lines: Special lines are one of the fastest-growing promotion types in the industry. These usually relate to player props. The operator will offer a special line that a player will easily hit, like Jalen Hurts over 0.5 passing yards. Granted, special lines must be parlayed into larger bets, but the operator is essentially giving away a free leg of that parlay.
- Referral bonus: To continue signing up new customers, most sportsbooks offer some type of referral bonus to users. The operator will often reward users with anywhere from $10 to $100 just for referring new friends to the sportsbook. The BetFanatics sports betting site will almost certainly incorporate some type of referral bonus.
Why should I choose the BetFanatics Sportsbook?
Since BetFanatics is not yet live we can’t give exact reasons for you to choose the sportsbook right now. However, if the operator includes the following features, it will be a win for Pennsylvania sports bettors:
- A strong welcome bonus: Since Fanatics is already a multi-billion dollar business, it is reasonable to expect that its sportsbook will offer a hefty welcome bonus for new users. The company has deep pockets, so we can expect an enticing welcome bonus. A welcome bonus that is on par with that of DraftKings or BetMGM would be a win for new bettors.
- Merchandise bonuses/prizes: As a leader in the sports merchandise market, BetFanatics could incorporate some sort of merchandising perk within its sportsbook. This would be a new wrinkle within the sportsbook marketplace, as no other sportsbook also operates a merchandise wing. BetFanatics could reward users with official team apparel or host specific contests for retail prizes.
- Loyalty rewards program: All the major players in the sports betting industry have strong loyalty programs that reward users for regular betting. BetFanatics obviously has no shortage of connections in the merchandise and retail world, so it would be great to see a loyalty program that rewards players with material goods. The operator could also incentivize players by offering them memorabilia rewards from their favorite teams.
What I won’t like about BetFanatics Sportsbook
Similarly, we can’t say exactly where this still-forthcoming platform could fall short. That said, these are some areas where sportsbooks typically need improvement:
- Unfavorable odds: One issue we often see among larger sportsbooks is that they post less favorable odds than smaller sportsbooks. This is the case with DraftKings PA and BetRivers Sportsbook, for example. BetFanatics is obviously going to be a very wealthy sportsbook, but we still want to see competitive sports odds.
- Lack of customer support: Another key issue with some sportsbooks is the lack of customer support. This is an issue that does not affect everyone. However, it becomes a huge problem for those that encounter it. We would like to see BetFanatics offer 24/7 support along with a deep help center resource. The company should already have that support infrastructure in place.
- Limitations on promotions: Many sportsbooks that offer promotions include specific parameters, which limit users from fully capitalizing on the offers. We would like to see BetFanatics raise the maximum bets (over industry averages) for their promotions and offer fewer restrictions than DraftKings and FanDuel PA Sportsbook.
Types of bets at BetFanatics Sportsbook
BetFanatics Sportsbook will likely offer betting markets consistent with the rest of the industry. These different bet types could include but not be limited to:
- Moneylines: This is the most traditional form of sports betting. You select one team to win and place a wager on it. If your selected team emerges victorious, you take the cash prize. Moneyline odds can vary greatly depending on whether your selected team is the favorite or the underdog.
- Spreads: This is another common form of sports betting. The spread is a calculated margin of victory for the favorite, redefining wins and losses with a certain number of points. For example, a favorite could have a spread of -3.5, meaning they must beat the other team by 3.5 points or more for your bet to cash. Spread odds usually fall around -110.
- Futures: These are long-term bets. Users can place futures at any time to capitalize on favorable odds. An example of a futures bet would be wagering on the Philadelphia Eagles to win the NFC East division before the season begins.
- Parlays: These multi-leg wagers have much longer odds than a single bet. Each time you add another leg to a parlay, the odds become longer, and the payout increases. Usually, every leg of the parlay needs to hit for you to cash out. However, the BetFanatics online betting site may include parlay insurance or early cashout, which can help you save money if you’re not 100% confident in every leg.
Can I bet on the 76ers at BetFanatics?
You will most certainly be able to bet on the Philadelphia 76ers along with all your other favorite Pennsylvania teams at BetFanatics. The operator will likely include a variety of wagering options for every team in your city and state, from moneylines to totals to futures.
If you feel particularly confident about your team winning the championship this year, you can place a long-term future on them early in the season. For example, the current odds for the 76ers to win the 2023 NBA title are +1500. This means a $100 bet right now would win you $1500 in June if they win the championship! Or you could place a wager on Joel Embiid to win NBA MVP this year at +650 odds. The options will be endless at BetFanatics.
BetFanatics may also offer hometown promotions depending on your location. If the 76ers are playing a crucial game, the operator might improve the moneyline odds for users to bet with the team. Or if James Harden has been on fire lately, BetFanatics might offer a special 3-pointer line to be used in a parlay.
How to deposit and withdraw on the BetFanatics app
BetFanatics has not yet announced which payment methods the platform will accept. Deposits will likely be processed instantly, while withdrawals should depend on your method. Generally, we see the larger sportsbooks offer a plethora of financial options, so BetFanatics will likely support some of these payment methods for deposits and withdrawals:
- Credit/debit cards
- Online banking
Support for BetFanatics customers
Like all other sportsbooks, BetFanatics will offer some sort of customer service system. This is a crucial element. Users don’t usually care about the quality of customer support until they need it.
The BetFanatics platform will likely include an extensive self-help resource where users can find answers to all the frequently asked questions. The operator will also house a customer support team that could be accessible by live chat, email or phone. Ideally, this feature will be available 24/7.
How do I exclude myself from BetFanatics?
In accordance with state law, BetFanatics will include a dedicated responsible gaming section on both the website and mobile app. This section will educate users on how to gamble responsibly, as well as provide resources for those who have a gambling problem.
Additionally, users can set account limits to keep their betting in check, by placing limits on deposits, wagers and time spent on the BetFanatics sportsbook app. Users can also self-exclude by following the appropriate links. Self-exclusion can last for as long as the user requests it. Bettors cannot undo it in the meantime.
Can I bet with BetFanatics in person?
Since BetFanatics is not yet live, you cannot bet with the operator in person. Retail sports betting is legal and active in Pennsylvania, with 13 retail sportsbooks up and running across the state. The newest location is the FanDuel Sportsbook at Live! Casino Philadelphia. As BetFanatics launches, look for it to partner with a retail casino near you in the Keystone State.
How does BetFanatics compare to other Pennsylvania sportsbooks?
We can’t fully compare BetFanatics to other online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania quite yet since there is no live platform to evaluate. That said, we fully expect BetFanatics to become a major player in the sports betting industry in the near future. Fanatics founder and CEO Michael Rubin seems to have the golden touch with every new venture. BetFanatics should be no different. In fact, Rubin recently sold his shares in both the Philadelphia 76ers and the New Jersey Devils in order to expand his business into the sports betting market.
Fanatics has no shortage of connections in the sports industry, so it will be exciting to see how it leverages existing partnerships to create the new sportsbook. The BetFanatics launch is highly anticipated by those in the industry. We expect the platform to be right up there with the big hitters in the game very soon.
BetFanatics Sportsbook FAQ
When is BetFanatics launching?
There is no official date. However, CEO Michael Rubin said that the sportsbook will begin accepting wagers on the Philadelphia 76ers by the end of 2022.
What is the BetFanatics bonus code?
There is no official bonus code yet for BetFanatics. However, bettors can expect a hefty deposit match or risk-free bet when they create a new account.
Is BetFanatics licensed in Pennsylvania?
BetFanatics Sportsbook is in the process of acquiring licenses in legal states to launch the platform.
Is BetFanatics safe?
Yes, BetFanatics Pennsylvania Sportsbook will be completely safe and secure. As with all legal PA gambling outlets, the state will regulate BetFanatics.
Can you gamble on sports in Pennsylvania?
Yes, as of May 2019, retail and online sports betting is fully legal in Pennsylvania.