Corey Sharp joined Catena Media in 2022 and is the go-to expert for the PA online casino industry. Born and raised in Philadelphia, PA, he previously worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer and NBC Sports Philadelphia as a sports journalist and content producer.
In Corey’s role as Lead Writer for PlayPennsylvania, he works alongside a talented team of expert journalists and analysts to bring you the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of gambling news in Pennsylvania. Corey’s contacts around the PA online casino market and relationship with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board makes him a trusted source in the industry. Corey produces daily stories and features about the gambling space.
Corey graduated from Holy Family University with a bachelor’s degree in sports management. He resides in Philadelphia and is a 4-for-4 Philadelphia sports fan.
PA Casino Industry Articles by Corey Sharp
Casino News: PA Casino Dealer Discusses Her ‘Calling’ To Make Casinos Smoke-Free
Online Casino News: PA Online Casinos Pass $5 Billion in Lifetime Revenue
Operator News: Pennsylvania Gambling Helped Drive DraftKings’ Revenue 88% YoY
Responsible Gambling: How To Sign Up For PA Gambling Self Exclusion And More Frequently Asked Questions
Must Read Pennsylvania Sports Betting Articles by Corey Sharp
Sports Industry News: Erin Dolan Still True to Philadelphia Area Roots While Doling Out Sports Betting Insight On ESPN
Sports Betting News: Penn Entertainment Splits With Barstool Sports, Agrees To Launch ESPN Bet
Sports Betting Operator News: When Will Pennsylvania Sports Betting Add Bet365?
Statement on PA Gambling Industry
On the state of Pennsylvania gaming revenue:
“Gambling in Pennsylvania is booming right now as online casinos in the state have raked in more than $5 billion in lifetime revenue. Thus, PA online casinos continue to be an important moneymaker for the state, generating nearly $2 billion in all-time tax revenue.”
Posts by Corey Sharp:
- 2 PA Casinos Make AGA’s Top 10 Most Profitable Facilities Outside Nevada, 04 Dec 2023
- Playtech To Open Live Dealer Studio In Pennsylvania, 03 Dec 2023
- What Pennsylvania Online Casino Players Can Expect From Fanatics Launch, 01 Dec 2023
- Borgata Leads Pennsylvania Online Casinos In Slot Titles, 30 Nov 2023
- Kindred Group To Pull Unibet Out Of Pennsylvania Gambling Market, 29 Nov 2023
- Pennsylvania Sports Betting Market Keeps Growing With Record October, 29 Nov 2023
- BetMGM Casino PA Turns To Vanessa Hudgens For Latest Campaign, 28 Nov 2023
- Live! Casino Philadelphia Collects 11 Honors From ‘Best Of Slots Awards’, 27 Nov 2023
- NFL Slots Expected To Be ‘Hottest Seats’ At Valley Forge Pennsylvania Casino, 23 Nov 2023
- Live! Pennsylvania Casino Properties Give Back This Thanksgiving, 22 Nov 2023