The season restarts for the Philadelphia 76ers and the rest of the NBA after being on pause since mid-March. For the 76ers, the more things change (Ben Simmons taking jump shots during an exhibition game), the more they stay the same (Joel Embiid leaving an exhibition after only a few minutes with a calf injury.)
Twenty-two teams hope to write a fairy-tale ending at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida. The 76ers certainly have an intriguing storyline and cast of characters: two young stars in Embiid and Simmons who some believe cannot coexist and a coach, Brett Brown, who is on borrowed time to pull it all together.
NBA return-to-play schedule
- July 30: Season resumes with seeding games
- Aug. 15-16: Play-in games (if necessary)
- Aug. 17: NBA playoffs 2020 begin
- Aug. 31: Conference semifinals begin
- Sept. 15: Conference finals begin
- Sept. 30: NBA finals 2020 begin
- Oct. 13: Finals 2020 latest possible date
Aug. 1, 76ers vs. Indiana Pacers betting
The 76ers resume play with seeding games on Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. against the Indiana Pacers (odds and info via FanDuel).
- 76ers (-5.5) vs. Pacers
- Moneyline: 76ers: -235/Pacers: +205
- Over 213.5 (-110)/Under 213.5 (-110)
And a look at some early wagering stats:
- 92% of bets and 88% of money on the spread is on the 76ers
- 83% of bets and 67% of money on the moneyline is on the 76ers
- 76% of bets and 95% of money is on the Over (212.5)
How about $76 in free bets from Fox Bet?
76ers Special for New Player Sign-Ups: For the entire month of August, Fox Bet is offering new customers a pure layup for free money. For a $1 bet on any 76ers game, whether that bet wins or loses, you will receive $76 in FREE bets.
- Sign up for Fox Bet PA and verify your account.
- You must make a real-money deposit and opt in to the promo.
- Place a single-game bet (on a 76ers game) for $1 — this must be your first wager after signing up.
- Your $76 in free bets will be credited to your account 48 hours after the game you wager on.
- Only one 76ers bet in August qualifies for the promo.
- The qualifying period is Aug. 1 at 8 a.m. – Aug. 31 at 11:59 p.m.
Fox Bet 76ers NBA Bet Boosts:
- 76ers to win NBA Championship boosted from (+1800) to +2200
- 76ers to win Eastern Conference boosted from (+850) to +900
FanDuel NBA Promos
FanDuel Spread the Love Promotion:
FanDuel Sportsbook‘s popular promotion is back for Thursday’s Clippers vs. Lakers game. For every 2,500 customers who bet on the Lakers in the special Spread the Love Market, FanDuel will move the spread one point in the Lakers’ favor.
There’s no limit to how much the line can increase. The Lakers spread opened at -4 (-110) vs the Clippers. Currently, it’s Lakers +19. (Max bet $50)
FanDuel NBA Super Boosts:
- The Ringer Super Boost by Bill Simmons: Celtics to beat the Bucks (7/31) boosted from (+164) to +200
- LeBron James to score 30+ points and Lakers win (7/30) boosted from (+410) to +500
- Donovan Mitchell to score the first basket (vs. Pelicans) boosted from (+500) to +630
- LeBron James to score the first basket (vs Clippers) boosted from (+420) to +550
DraftKings sportsbook NBA returns promos
Choose your 5/1 Boost at DraftKings Sportsbook PA: Bet $20 to win $100 on the team of your choosing in any matchup to start the NBA season.
How it works:
- Bet $20 or more on any NBA game between July 30 and Aug. 1.
- Click “Boost this Game” next to the game of your choice. You cannot change your boosted game once you click “Boost this Game.”
- After opt-in, you’ll be issued a single-use odds boost to choose either team in that game. The boost is for +500 odds for a team to win that game.
- Helpful hint: Make sure you are logged in, and refresh if the boost is not appearing.
- Apply your boost to the team in the matchup you want by adding that team’s moneyline to your bet slip and applying the boost. Your first bet with the boost is your qualifying bet.
- Max bet $20, one bet per user. Excludes live bets, parlays, cash-out bets, free bets and voided bets.
BetRivers/SugarHouse free NBA bets
At PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers, NBA bettors can earn free live wagers.
How it works:
- On July 30 and July 31, players earn a $5 live (in-play) NBA free bet for placing a $50+ single pregame wager on any NBA game.
- Free bets will be loaded within 24 hours of placing a qualifying bet and will be valid for 48 hours after being issued.
Philadelphia 76ers Championship Odds
Favorites to win the NBA Championship (via FanDuel):
- Milwaukee Bucks:+240
- Los Angeles Lakers: +260
- Los Angeles Clippers:+320
76ers NBA Championship odds at PA online sportsbooks:
- FanDuel: +2000
- DraftKings: +2000
- Fox Bet: +1800 boosted to +2200
- BetRivers/PlaySugarHouse: +2000
76ers Eastern Conference odds at PA online sportsbooks:
- FanDuel: +700
- DraftKings: +750
- Fox Bet: +850 boosted to +900
- BetRivers/PlaySugarHouse: +750
Philadelphia 76ers win totals at PA online sportsbooks (total wins in eight seeding games):
- DraftKings: Over 5.5 (+130)/Under 5.5 (-177)
- BetRivers/PlaySugarHouse: Over 5.5 (+130)/Under 5.5 (-177)
Fox Bet 76ers Player Props
- Playoff assists per game: Over 8 (-125)/Under 8 (-110)
- Playoff blocks per game: Over .5 (-125)/Under .5 (-110)
- Playoff point per game: Under 16 (-118)/Over 16 (-118)
- Playoff rebounds per game: Over 7.5 (-133)/Under 7.5 (-105)
- Playoff steals per game: Under 2 (-125)/Over 2 (-110)
- Playoff three-point field goals made per game: Over 1.5 (-118)/Under 1.5 (-118)
- Playoff assists per game: Over 4 (-118)/Under (-118)
- Playoff points per game: Under 12 (-150)/Over 12 (+115)
- Playoff rebounds per game: Under 7 (-162)/Over 7 (+125)
- Playoff steals per game: Under 1 (-133)/Over 1 (-105)
- Playoff three-point field goals made per game: Under 2 (-138)/Over 2 (+100)
- Playoff assists per game: Over 3 (-125)/Under 3 (-110)
- Playoff points per game: Under 19.5 (-118)/Over 19.5 (-118)
- Playoff rebounds per game: Under 7 (-133)/Over 7 (-105)
- Playoff steals per game: Over .5 (-150)/Under .5 (+105)