The Pittsburgh Steelers playoff hopes are alive thanks the stellar play of their defense. In Week 15, they trailed the Tennessee Titans 13-3 but scored 16 unanswered points off three turnovers to secure the 19-13 win. The Steelers defense forced a total of four turnovers and T.J. Watt recorded 1.5 sacks to which now leads the NFL and set the single-season sack record for the Steelers. The line moved from Steelers (7-6-1) as home underdogs to small favorites (-1). The Steelers covered and the low-scoring affair went under (43.5).
The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday Night Football on overtime 34-28.
Early odds for Week 17 at DraftKings have the Steelers as 10.5-point underdogs against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Steelers are +350 on the moneyline with the total points line at 46.5.
Pittsburgh Steelers betting lines and other Week 16 games are available at sportsbooks.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs Week 16 betting lines
Steelers vs. Chiefs betting preview
- The Chiefs have a 79% win probability.
- The Steelers are 6-8 ATS; Chiefs7-7 ATS
- Steelers O/U record 5-9; Chiefs O/U record 7-7
- Steelers avg. points for 20.8; Chiefs avg. points for 27.5
- Steelers avg. points against 23.9; Chiefs avg. points against 21.1
Steelers vs. Chiefs Week 16 player prop betting
Roethlisberger: Over/Under 243.5
Mahomes: Over/Under 275.5 (-115)
Roethlisberger: Over 1.5 (+100)/Under 1.5 (-130)
Mahomes: Over 1.5 (-200)/Under 1.5 (+150)
Najee Harris: Over 68.5 (-110)/Under 68.5 (-120)
Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Odds, AFC, Division, playoff odds
Comparing Pittsburgh Steelers playoff odds
Before the season, the Steelers odds at BetMGM to make the playoffs were Yes (+140)/No (-200).
(As of Dec. 21)
- DraftKings: Yes (+350)/No (-500)
- FanDuel: Yes (+400)/No (-600)
- BetRivers: Yes (+330)/No (-455)
Steelers regular season win totals
Prior to the start of the season, oddsmakers set the Steelers win total at 8.5.
(As of Dec 17)
- BetMGM: Over 7.5 (-225)/Under 7.5 (+175)
- FanDuel: Over 7.5 (-220)/Under 7.5 (+180)
T.J. Watt props
T.J. Watt smashed his sack prop going over 12.5. Through 14 games he has a league-leading 17 sacks. Prior to the start of the season, Watt was +800 to lead the league in sacks, right behind Miles Garrett (+750).
Tracking Pittsburgh Steelers season-long props
Roethlistberger passing yards prop
- DraftKings: Over 3900.5 (-115)/Under 3900.5 (-115)
- After Week 15: 3214 passing yards
Roethlistberger passing touchdowns
- DraftKings: Over 27.5 (-115)/Under 27.5 (-115)
- After Week 15: 19 TDs
Ben Roethlistberger interceptions thrown
- Over 12.5 (-125)/Under 12.5 (-105)
- After Week 15: 7 INTs
Najee Harris season-long Player props
Najee Harris regular season rushing TDs
- FanDuel: Over 7.5 (-142)/Under 7.5 (+112)
- After Week 15: 6 TDs
On Sept. 9, FanDuel reported that 99% of the money was on the OVER for Najee Harris 7.5 touchdowns.
Najee Harris regular season rushing yards
- FanDuel: Over 1050.5 (-112)/Under 1050.5 (-112)
- After Week 15: 891 rushing yards
NFL Week 16 betting lines
Lead image Winslow Townson/AP