The Pittsburgh Steelers playoff hopes are alive thanks the stellar play of their defense. In Week 15, they trailed the Tennessee Titans 13-3 but scored 16 unanswered points off three turnovers to secure the 19-13 win. The Steelers defense forced a total of four turnovers and T.J. Watt recorded 1.5 sacks to which now leads the NFL and set the single-season sack record for the Steelers. The line moved from Steelers (7-6-1) as home underdogs to small favorites (-1). The Steelers covered and the low-scoring affair went under (43.5).
The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday Night Football on overtime 34-28.
Early odds for Week 17 at DraftKings have the Steelers as 10.5-point underdogs against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Steelers are +350 on the moneyline with the total points line at 46.5.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs Week 16 betting lines
Steelers vs. Chiefs betting preview
- The Chiefs have a 79% win probability.
- The Steelers are 6-8 ATS; Chiefs7-7 ATS
- Steelers O/U record 5-9; Chiefs O/U record 7-7
- Steelers avg. points for 20.8; Chiefs avg. points for 27.5
- Steelers avg. points against 23.9; Chiefs avg. points against 21.1
Steelers vs. Chiefs Week 16 player prop betting
Roethlisberger: Over/Under 243.5
Mahomes: Over/Under 275.5 (-115)
Roethlisberger: Over 1.5 (+100)/Under 1.5 (-130)
Mahomes: Over 1.5 (-200)/Under 1.5 (+150)
Najee Harris: Over 68.5 (-110)/Under 68.5 (-120)
Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Odds, AFC, Division, playoff odds
Comparing Pittsburgh Steelers playoff odds
Before the season, the Steelers odds at BetMGM to make the playoffs were Yes (+140)/No (-200).
(As of Dec. 21)
Steelers regular season win totals
Prior to the start of the season, oddsmakers set the Steelers win total at 8.5.
(As of Dec 17)
- BetMGM: Over 7.5 (-225)/Under 7.5 (+175)
- FanDuel: Over 7.5 (-220)/Under 7.5 (+180)
T.J. Watt props
T.J. Watt smashed his sack prop going over 12.5. Through 14 games he has a league-leading 17 sacks. Prior to the start of the season, Watt was +800 to lead the league in sacks, right behind Miles Garrett (+750).
Tracking Pittsburgh Steelers season-long props
Roethlistberger passing yards prop
- DraftKings: Over 3900.5 (-115)/Under 3900.5 (-115)
- After Week 15: 3214 passing yards
Roethlistberger passing touchdowns
- DraftKings: Over 27.5 (-115)/Under 27.5 (-115)
- After Week 15: 19 TDs
Ben Roethlistberger interceptions thrown
- Over 12.5 (-125)/Under 12.5 (-105)
- After Week 15: 7 INTs
Najee Harris season-long Player props
Najee Harris regular season rushing TDs
- FanDuel: Over 7.5 (-142)/Under 7.5 (+112)
- After Week 15: 6 TDs
On Sept. 9, FanDuel reported that 99% of the money was on the OVER for Najee Harris 7.5 touchdowns.
Najee Harris regular season rushing yards
- FanDuel: Over 1050.5 (-112)/Under 1050.5 (-112)
- After Week 15: 891 rushing yards
NFL Week 16 betting lines
Lead image Winslow Townson/AP