A wild Backyard Brawl was topped with M.J. Devonshire 56 yard touchdown return with 2:58 remaining to give No. 17 Pitt a 38-31 win over West Virginia. However, depending on the number college football bettors got, it was a bad beat for -7.5 Pitt bettors. The first Backyard Brawl since 2011 was also a shootout as the total points 51.5 hit the Over.
The Panthers will host Tennessee at Acrisure Stadium on Sept. 10 at 3:30 p.m. Last September, Pitt beat the Volunteers in Knoxville 41-34.
In their season opener, the Volunteers crushed Ball State 59-10. Tennessee covered the huge 36-point line.
College football Week 2 odds and other lookahead lines are up now at Pennsylvania sportsbooks like BetMGM and FanDuel.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Tennessee betting lines and preview
Players to watch for Pittsburgh
- Kedon Slovis: Life without Kenny Pickett started at Pitt. USC transfer quarterback Slovis threw for 308 yards and a touchdown.
- Sophomore running back Rodney Hammond Jr. ran for 74 yards and 2 TDs. He left after being injured in the fourth quarter.
- John Morgan: Called a “one man wrecking crew” by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after his performance against West Virginia. And rightly, so. The defensive tackle had 4 tackles (three for a loss), a sack and a forced fumble.
Pittsburgh Panthers betting analysis and insight for Pittsburgh Panthers
Max Meyer, content writer for Caesars Sportsbook, spoke with Joey Feazel, lead college football trader at Caesars Sportsbook, talked about Pitt betting outlook for the season:
“Bettors have been really low on Pitt whether it’s for season win total or other futures,” Feazel said. “They lost [Kenny] Pickett to the NFL and [Jordan] Addison to USC, so they thought it’s not going to be close to the same team. But they still have Kedon Slovis coming in and a defense that should be really improved.”
How to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
You can place bets on college football in PA at any of the 14 sports betting apps. Here are some ways you can wager on college football:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see any over or under lines for specific players.
College Football Week 1 promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
FanDuel Sportsbook in PA is offering customers one of the best promos to kick off college football Week 1 action – bet $5 and get $150, win or lose.
Pittsburgh Panthers Football 2022 odds
Let’s take a look at Pittsburgh betting futures at the start of the season at FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Win total: Over 7.5 (-190) / Under 7.5 (+160)
- Odds to win National Championship: +25000
- Odds to win ACC: +1000
- To win 10+ games: +400
- Kedon Slovis Heisman odds: +10000
Kedon Slovis Heisman odds
Best College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image Keith Srakocic/AP