A touchdown with 57 seconds left capped an impressive 10-play drive to give Penn State a 35-31 win over Purdue. The 10-yard touchdown pass from Sean Clifford to Keyvone Lee was also a big score for Penn State -3.5 bettors. The opening game for for both Big Ten teams also hit the Over (52.5) for total points.
Penn State hosts Ohio in their home opener in Happy Valley on Sept. 10 at noon. The Nittany Lions are 26.5-point favorites against Ohio at sportsbooks with the total points at 53.5.
Ohio held on to beat Florida Atlantic 41-38. Ohio covered as home underdogs +4.5 and nearly all of the money (97%) was on the Over 50 which the high-scoring affair surpassed.
Ohio vs. Penn State betting lines and Week 2 preview
Players to watch for Penn State
- Sean Clifford: Despite a pick-six that gave the the Boilermakers a 31-28 lead midway through the fourth quarter, Clifford rallied and finished with 4 TDs.
- Mitchell Tinsley: In his first game at Penn State, Western Kentucky transfer led the team with seven receptions and 84 yards. He also caught a TD.
- Joey Porter Jr. a potential first round pick in the 2023 NFL, got off to a strong start. He led the team with 8 tackles and 3 passes defended.
Players to watch for Ohio
- Kurtis Rourke: Passed for 345 yards and 4 touchdowns in opening game against Florida Atlantic.
- The Bobcats offense got big contributions in the opener from running back Sieh Bangura (114 yards) and James Bostic had (136 yards).
- Ohio safetyBen Johnson recorded 14 tackles and was ejected halfway through the fourth quarter against Florida Atlantic.
Ways to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. There, you can bet on college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
College Football Week promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
FanDuel Sportsbook in PA is offering customers one of the best promos to kick off college football Week 1 action – bet $5 and get $150, win or lose.
Penn State Football 2022 odds
Let’s take a look at Penn State futures at the start of the season at FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
Complete College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Doug McSchooler/AP