With players returning home from the World Series of Poker, there is plenty of local action to go around. Summer months provide vacationers the ability to jump in some mid-week poker action at Pennsylvania casinos.
PlayPennslvania breaks down all the poker action at Pennsylvania and Atlantic City this month.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia July poker
The rush is on at Rivers Casino Philadelphia. The casino is hosting the biggest guarantee of the month with $200,000 up for grabs. The tournament is a multi-day buy-in event that starts on July 20 and runs until the 24th. Grinders will have 4 starting flights and will conclude on day 2, July 24.
Additional details include:
- $560 buy-in
- 30-minute levels
- 40,000 start stack
- Reentry through level 12
Besides the Mega Rush weekend, the casino will also offer “beginner tournaments” almost every Saturday in July. For $65, new players can check out the game at 10:15 am and receive $15,000 in tournament chips
Aside from the beginner tournaments, Rivers Philadelphia will host multiple daily tournaments each day except Thursday and Fridays, they include:
- Mondays: $130 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty- 7:15 PM – $4,000 guarantee
- Tuesdays: $100 NLH – 1:15 PM – $2,500 guarantee
- Wednesdays: $130 NLH – 7:15 PM – $5,000 guarantee
- Saturdays: $160 NLH – 1:15 PM – $5,000 guarantee (except July 23)
- Sundays: $230 NLH – 11:15 AM – $10,000 guarantee (except July 24)
Live! Casino Philadelphia hosts Mega Stack July
A big $100,000 Mega Stack event is coming to the Live! Casino Philadelphia poker room at the end of July. The tournament is a multi-day buy-in event that launches on July 28. Over a three-day period, players have 5 starting flights to pick from. Day 2 will happen on July 31. The tournament is a $100,000 guaranteed tournament.
Additional details include:
- $500 buy-in
- 30 minute levels
- 40,000 start stack
- Reentry until level 9
In June the Philly Shuffle $150,00 Main Event saw two players chop for first place. Robert W. and Timothy C. chopped $28,192 each.
In July, Live! Philadelphia the poker room will host a daily tournament. Weekly events include:
- Mondays: $120 NLH Bounty- 11:15 AM – $4,000 guaranteed
- Tuesday: $120 NLH Fat Stacks- 7:15 PM – $4,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks – 11:15 AM – $3,000 guaranteed
- Thursdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks 11:15 AM – $3,000 guaranteed
- Fridays: $200 NLH Bounty – 11:15 AM – $7,500 guaranteed (except 7/29)
- Saturdays: $500 NLH – 11:15 am – $25,000 guaranteed (7/9 only)
- Sundays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 PM
Mohegan Sun Pocono poker
Vacationers can find some quick action up in the Poconos this summer. For players looking for a one-day event, Mohegan Sun Pocono has them covered. The 9-table poker room is open until 3 a.m. daily. Tournaments are offered to players every day except Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays.
The stand-out event continues to be the $125 bounty event every Friday night.
Their weekly tournament schedule at a glance:
- Sundays: $100 NLH Turbo – 12 p.m.
- Mondays: $100 NLH Turbo – 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: $100 NLH Turbo – 7 p.m.
- Fridays: $100 NLH Turbo – 12 PM & $125 NLH Bounty- 7 p.m.
Mohegan has upped the bonuses this summer. Even though there are no tournaments on Saturdays, cash players will find $500 High Hand Jackpots every half hour from 2 PM – 10 PM.
Live! Casino Pittsburgh poker
The 7-table poker room hosts daily tournaments for poker players in Pittsburgh. Live! Casino Pittsburgh recently started a weekly $80 bankroll builder tournament series in June.
The stand-out event of the month will be a $400 buy-in with a $100 bounty that will take place on July 16 at 10:15 a.m. Players will start with 30,000 in chips, however no guarantee is listed. On Thursdays leading up to the event, players can win their seat in this tournament by playing the $50 satellite.
Here’s a quick look at their June schedule:
- Sunday: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 2:15 p.m.
- Monday: no regular daily event
- Tuesday: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks- 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesdays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 6:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: $50 black chip satellite (June 7th and 14th only) – 7:15 p.m.
- Fridays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: $200 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty (except July 16)
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh bad beat jackpot record
As of July 4, the Bad Beat jackpot reached a U.S. record $1,098,204.25.
Once again Rivers Pittsburgh will offer their $500 deep stack event on July 8 at 11 a.m This event will be a freezeout event and seating will be limited to 152 players. Registration is open one week prior to the event.
The Rivers Casino Pittsburgh poker room also offers other promotions such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beat Jackpots
- High Hands
Live poker rooms and tournaments in Pennsylvania
- Parx Casino ( No updates on tournaments)
- Mohegan Sun Pocono (weekly tournaments)
- Mount Airy Casino Resort ( No tournaments, current bad beat jackpot $203,098 as of 5/31/22.)
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia (weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh ( monthly tournament)
- Hollywood at the Meadows (No tournaments, current bad beat jackpot $42,538 as of 7/4/22)
- Philadelphia Live Casino (weekly tournaments)
- Wind Creek Bethlehem ( no weekly tournaments)
- Pittsburgh Live Casino (weekly tournaments)
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has officially announced that the poker room will not reopen. A bad beat giveaway is planned.
A new $2 million poker room at Wind Creek Casino is scheduled to open in November 2022.
July online poker action in Pennsylvania
For players who would rather jump in some online poker action, major series will be available for players in Pennsylvania.
Each month WSOP.com, Pokerstars and BetMGM offer Pennsylvania online tournaments.
Atlantic City summer poker
Only one casino in Atlantic City currently offers tournaments. Borgata showcases weekly tournaments. The following three casinos offer 24/7 cash games at the following locations:
- Borgata (52 tables)
- Harrahs (10 tables)
- Tropicana (10 tables)
Borgata is hosting a survivor series week from July 18 through July 22. This will include six events ranging from $125 – $450. In a survivor event, players need to make it down to a final remaining number and then everyone gets paid out the same amount and the tournament ends. The casino will serve up some popular bounty events this month as well. Borgata’s tournaments occur on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Players are still anticipating the return of major tournaments at the Borgata. Unfortunately, no announcements have been made in regards to a Borgata open anytime soon.
Lead image via Dreamstine