Figures released by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board suggest players in the Keystone State love playing on PA online casinos. Operators in PA recorded a massive $181.5 million in March revenue. The number represents an all-time record for any state that operates online casinos.
The $181.5 million shatters the previous record Pennsylvania set back in December 2022, when it recorded $166.9 million in revenue. It’s the fourth time in six months Pennsylvania has set an all-time record for online casino revenue.
“PA online casinos continue to set records within the country. In March, they once again posted a new all-time, all-market US iGaming record by producing $181.5 million in monthly revenue. The incredible showing took down their previous best from December 2022 (166.9 million) by around 8.8%, while growing about 27.2% year-over-year,” said PlayPennsylvania Managing Editor Chris Imperiale.
“This latest record month helped push the state past the $500 billion mark in terms of monthly revenue from all forms of March gambling. This is the first time Pennsylvania has exceeded this number, citing an increase of around 11.4% from March 2022.”
PA online casinos shattering records
PA’s online casinos have recorded solid numbers since October 2022:
- October 2022: $151.7 million
- November 2022: $155.9 million
- December 2022: $166.9 million
- January 2023: $160.3 million
- February 2023: $162.3 million
- March 2023: $181.5 million
Breakdown of March 2023 revenues
- Online slots revenue: $138.2 million
- Table games revenue: $40.5 million
- Online poker revenue: $2.9 million
Full March revenue breakdown by PA casino licensee below.
Quick analysis from March PA online casino figures
- Just when you think PA online casinos may start to slow down, they come out of nowhere to surprise you. Not only did the Keystone State break another record, it shattered December 2022’s record of $166.9 million. Players in Pennsylvania are playing online casinos at record paces and it does not appear to be stopping anytime soon. Three more online casinos are expected to launch later in 2023.
- The record paces of online casino play helped the Keystone State surpass $500 billion revenue threshold in all forms of gambling. PA online casinos continue to dominate over sports betting in the region.
- License holder Hollywood Casino, in partnership with BetMGM Casino PA and DraftKings Casino PA, continues to have control over the field. Hollywood Casino recorded $76.7 million, as Rivers Philadelphia, which holds licenses for BetRivers PA online casino, Borgata and Sugarhouse, posted $38.5 million in revenue. BetMGM and DraftKings online casinos essentially doubled the revenue of the next-best competitors in the Keystone State.
PA online casino revenue by operator in March 2023
|Hollywood Penn National||$76,673,159||$58,231,846||$18,085,165||$356,148||$14,370,279||$23,562,614|
|Mohegan Sun Pocono||$2,207,198||$1,908,010||$299,188||$0||$487,349||$715,581|