He’s the biggest name in golf.
Bryson DeChambeau is the Masters favorite (+750). His behemoth drives sometimes soar past 400 yards, blurring the lines of fact and mythical fiction. He’s on the cover of Sports Illustrated and pictured bare-chested with bulging muscles on the inside pages.
And now, as golf’s Masters prepares for a November tournament unlike any other (thanks to the coronavirus pandemic), DeChambeau steps firmly into the spotlight.
Masters betting specials center on DeChambeau
DraftKings is building some promotions around his burgeoning profile. DeChambeau, who has the most betting handle of anyone in the Masters field, has been boosted from -769 to +100 to make the cut at DraftKings Sportsbook. Perhaps it’s not a sure thing, but it certainly seems pretty close.
Here’s the fine print:
- Make a deposit of $5+ into your sportsbook account.
- Following sign-up, you will be issued a single-use odds boost to use on Bryson DeChambeau to make the cut.
- You must select the boost in your bet slip BEFORE placing the bet.
- Boosted odds bet must be placed on an individual bet slip.
- The max bet is $50.
- Only one qualifying bet may be made per user.
- The bet expires at tee-off on Nov. 12.
- It excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash-out bets, voided bets and odds boosts.
- You must be in PA, CO, IN, IL, IA, NJ, TN or WV.
DeChambeau’s prop bet to make the cut is just the beginning of what figures to be a big week for golf betting. The action begins at 1 p.m. Thursday on ESPN. Here’s a quick look at all the promotions, odds and available wagers at the best PA sportsbooks.
Bryson, DJ and Rahm lead the Masters field
DraftKings has installed DeChambeau as the tournament favorite, with Dustin Johnson, who has had a stellar season of his own, trailing close behind at +850. Jon Rahm (+1050), Rory McIlroy (+1300) and Justin Thomas (+1300) round out the top five. The rest of the top 20 according to DraftKings is as follows:
- Xander Schauffele: +1600
- Brooks Koepka: +1700
- Tyrrell Hatton: +2500
- Patrick Cantlay: +2800
- Jason Day: +3000
- Hideki Matsuyama: +3000
- Patrick Reed: +3000
- Tony Finau: +3300
- Bubba Watson: +3300
- Collin Morikawa: +3300
- Webb Simpson: +4000
- Matthew Wolff: +4500
- Tiger Woods: +4500
- Adam Scott: +5000
- Tommy Fleetwood: +5500
Pricing is available on the entire field for those interested in chasing longer odds. Most of the region’s sportsbooks also have wagers available on finishes in various tiers, as well as matchups, leaders after various rounds, odds to make/miss the cut and props that include the length of DeChambeau’s drives.
New users can bet risk-free Sunday
Another DraftKings promotion allows players to wager risk-free on Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. The promotion includes the final round of the Masters and all of the NFL Week 10 games as well. The terms for this promotion are as follows:
- Includes all bets placed from 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9 to 11:59 p.m. EST on Nov. 15 and settled between 12 a.m. EST on Nov. 15 and 4 a.m. EST on Nov. 16
- First-time DraftKings Sportsbook bettors only
- Place your first DraftKings Sportsbook bet during the promotional period and all bets that are settled on Nov. 15 are counted
- Users will receive up to $100 of their net losses for bets that are settled during their risk-free Sunday
- Qualifying bets must be settled by 4 a.m. EST on Nov. 16
- Users can only qualify once for this promotion
- Refund issued as site credit
- Includes live bets and parlays that are settled by 4 a.m. EST on Nov. 16
- Excludes cash-out bets, free bets and voided bets
- Net losses will be refunded by 11:59 p.m. EST on Nov. 16
- Must be in PA, CO IN, IA, NJ, IL, TN or WV
Turn your college football bet into some cash for golf
And just in case that’s not enough, DraftKings users can gain $10 free to bet the Masters on Sunday by betting $20 on college football on Saturday. Here’s the fine print of that one.
- All CFB games on Nov. 14
- Place $20+ bet(s) on CFB on Nov. 14 and get a $10 free bet to use during Round 4 of the Masters on Nov. 15
- Qualifying bets require minimum odds of -250 or longer (e.g., -200, +150, etc.)
- Includes live bets and parlays
- One qualifying bet per user
- Free live bet expires on Nov. 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Excludes free bets, cash-out bets, voided bets and odds boosts
- Must be in TN, IL, IN, NJ, PA, CO, WV or IA
Plenty of daily fantasy contests and other promotions too
Finally, this week’s Masters tournament also offers some huge contests for daily fantasy players. The DraftKings Fantasy Golf Millionaire has a total prize pool of $4 million and a top prize of $1 million. The contest costs $20 to enter but is free for new DFS users.
Over at FanDuel, the featured $1 Million PGA Mega Eagle offers a million dollars in prizes and a top prize of $200K, with an entry fee of $15.
And at FanDuel Sportsbook, there’s a Price is Right-style promotion, where users who place a $50 (or more) pre-tournament outright winner wager can spin a virtual wheel and get a bonus of up to $5 for each birdie or eagle your chosen golfer records during the tournament.
And lastly, Fox Bet is offering a number of bet boosts, including one that can turn $25 into $525 if Dustin Johnson, Rahm, McIlroy and Koepka all finish inside the top 10.
Brace yourself for four days of betting
The action starts Thursday, with the Masters teeing off in November for the first time ever. It all makes for a massive sports betting weekend, with golf providing a buffet of wagers crammed in between a whole bunch of football.
Take a look and take your pick; there are plenty of options for everyone.
And they all start with the biggest name in golf.
Lead image credit: AP Photo/David J. Phillip