The Philadelphia Eagles held on to beat the Detroit Lions 38-35 who were riding high on the hype of Hard Knocks, the debut of the No. 2 pick in the draft and a rare sellout crowd.
The Eagles opened as 4-point favorites but by kickoff the line grew to 5.5 at sportsbooks. Birds bettors had to feel confident since the Eagles led 38-21 at the start of the fourth quarter but the Lions rallied to cover the spread. The Over (48.5) was an easy winner though.
The Minnesota Vikings will visit the Philadelphia Eagles for a Week 2 game on Monday Night Football. The Vikings beat the Packers 23-7 in Week 1.
The Eagles open as 3-point favorites against the Vikings with the total points at 48.5.
Sports betting apps in Pennsylvania are filled with ways to bet on the Eagles and all the NFL action before kickoff and live betting. You can choose moneyline, spread totals, parlays, single game parlays and player props. There are also choices to just bet quarters and halves.
Philadelphia Eagles Week 2 betting odds vs. Vikings
Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 2 betting preview
Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting preview from DraftKings
- The Eagles have a 55% win probability.
- Eagles 0-1 ATS; Vikings ATS 1-0
- Eagles O/U record 1-0; Vikings O/U record 0-1
- Each of the Eagles’ last five games at Lincoln Financial Field have gone Over the total points line.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five road openers.
- The Eagles have won four of their last five Monday Night games at Lincoln Financial Field.
- Vikings avg. points for 23; Eagles avg. points for 38
- Vikings avg. points against; Eagles avg. points against 35
Vikings vs. Eagles betting splits from DraftKings
(as of Sept. 19)
- 79% of $ on Eagles -2.5
- 82% of $ on Over 50.5
- 80% of $ on Vikings ML +120
Vikings vs. Eagles most bet first TD scorer at DraftKings
- Justin Jefferson +700
- Dalvin Cook +700
- Adam Theilen +1200
- A.J. Brown +750
- Jalen Hurts +800
Vikings vs. Eagles MNF betting insights and trends at BetMGM
At BetMGM as of Sept. 19
- 71% of $ on Eagles -2.5
- 59% of $ on Over 50.5
- 69% of $ Vikings ML +115
According to John Ewing at BetMGM, Jalen Hurts OVER rushing yards is most bet player prop for Eagles-Vikings. OVER has moved from 50.5 to 51.5.
1st TD scorer for Vikings vs. Eagles by total number of tickets at BetMGM
- Justin Jefferson 27%
- Dalvin Cook 17%
- Adam Thielen 12%
- AJ Brown 10%
- Jalen Hurts 8%
Most bet player props
- Justin Jefferson to score the 1st TD (+650)
- Justin Jefferson to score anytime TD (-120)
- Jalen Hurts over 50.5 rushing yards (-115)
Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 2 player prop betting
(odds via DraftKings)
- Jalen Hurts Over 235.5 (-115)/Under 235 (-115)
- Kirk Cousins Over 280.5 (-115)/Under 280.5 (-115)
- Hurts Under 1.5 (-110)/Under 1.5 (-120)
- Cousins Over 1.5 (-190)/Under 1.5 (+140)
- Dalvin Cook Over 70.5 (-115)/Under 70.5 (-115)
- Jalen Hurts Over 49.5 (-115)/Under 49.5 (-115)
- Miles Sanders Over 55.5 (-115)/Under 55.5 (-115)
- Justin Jefferson Over 98.5 (-115)/Under 98.5 (-115)
- A.J. Brown Over 71.5 (-115)/Under 71.5 (-115)
- Adam Theilen Over 49.5 (-115)/Under 49.5 (-115)
- Dallas Goedert Over 48.5 (-115)/Under 48.5 (-115)
- DeVonta Smith Over 44.5 (-115)/Under 44.5 (-115)
- Quez Watkins Over 19.5 (-115)/Under 19.5 (-115)
Philadelphia Eagles betting tips and insight
The FanDuel Sportsbook at Live Casino Philadelphia is located in the South Philadelphia Sports Complex and walking distance to Lincoln Financial Field. Sportsbook manager general manager Bryan Newman shares his insight on betting at the retail location.
On Philadelphia Eagles futures:
Right now the most popular futures bet is on the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. They were 30/1 2 months ago and are bet down to 20/1.
“I think it’s very inflated. I don’t think they are a Super Bowl contender like Rams right now but the public here thinks otherwise.”
However, after a crazy Week 1, that included Dallas Cowboys suffering an injury that will shelf him for a weeks, the Eagles moved from +130 to -185 to win the NFC East. The Eagles are now listed with the fourth-best odds on FanDuel to win the Super Bowl (+1200).
Newman has changed his mind about the “inflated Eagles.”
“In my personal opinion, after seeing what happened with Dak Prescott getting injured in Dallas, Green Bay losing big to Minnesota, and 3 of the 4 NFC West teams losing last week, I have had a change of heart about my view on the Eagles and could see them as a potential Super Bowl contender going forward. If they pull out a big win on Monday night, expect their Super Bowl odds to drop even further.”
Philadelphia Eagles odds tracker
(Odds via DraftKings)
|Open||Start of Regular Season||After Week 1||After Week 3||After Week 5|
|To Make Playoffs||Yes (+125)/No (-145)||Yes ( -190)||Yes (-360)/No (-250)||Yes (-2000)/No (-2500)||Yes (-10000)/No (-1800)|
Eagles Week 3 betting lines vs. Washington Commanders
Compare NFL Week 2 lines at sportsbooks
Lead image Duane Burlson/Ap