The Keystone State is back with lots of choices for poker players this May. Across the state players can jump in live poker tournament action that includes several bounty events and other big guarantees.
Here’s a look at all the casinos hosting poker events this month.
Live! Casino to host South Philly Shuffle
Live! Casino Philadelphia poker room continues to run big multi-day events and May is no exception. The poker room guarantees over $500,000 in prize pools throughout the month. Live! will launch their first-ever South Philly Shuffle Series on Monday, May 23-25 beginning with a $75,000 guaranteed $360 buy-in opening event.
The series will include 8 events and run through Sun., June 5. The event buy-ins range from $330 to $1,100.
At the end of the month, Live! poker room will host Event 2, a $100,000 guaranteed tournament. This is a multi-flight event that launches on Thurs., May 26. There are 5 starting flights and Day 2 is on Sun., May 29.
Live! Casino $100k guaranteed poker tournament additional details:
- $600 buy-in
- 30 minute levels
- 30,000 start stack
- Reentry until level 9
In April, Joseph Cutler shipped the $150,000 Megastack and took home $52,875.
In May, Live! Philadelphia will continue to host daily tournaments. In addition, Live! will be hosting the Deaf Poker Tour from May 12-14. This will include 7 events and will be open to the public. Other weekly events include:
- Mondays 11:15 a.m.: $120 NLH Bounty ($4,000 guaranteed)
- Tuesdays 7:15 p.m.: $120 NLH Fat Stacks ($4,000 guaranteed)
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks – 11:15 a.m. ($3,000 guaranteed)
- Thursdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks 11:15 a.m. ($4,000 guaranteed)
- Fridays: $400 NLH Black Chip Bounty – 11:15 a.m. ($10,000 guaranteed)
- Saturdays: Vary Weekly
- Sundays 6:15 p.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo
Rivers Philadelphia $150,000 Mystery Rush is Back
On Wed. May 11 , Rivers Philadelphia will bring back the Mystery Rush. The $350 buy-in tournament comes with a $150,000 guaranteed prize pool. This multi-day event will have four starting flights and concludes on Sun., May 15.
Mystery Bounties are currently all the rage. They off the potential to win big, but players don’t know what prize they receive until opening their bounty. On Day 2 of the event, there will be mystery bounties handed out after a player is eliminated. These bounties can range from $500 up to $10,000.
Aside from the Mystery bounty series, Rivers Philadelphia will host multiple daily tournaments throughout the month that include:
- Mondays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH ($4,000 guarantee)
- Tuesdays 1:15 p.m.: $100 NLH ($2,500 guarantee)
- Wednesdays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH ($5,000 guarantee)
- Saturdays 1:15 p.m. (except May 14): $160 NLH ($5,000 guarantee)
- Sundays 11:15 p.m. (except May 15): $230 NLH ($10,000 guarantee)
April’s rush series ended in a five-way chop at the final table.
Mohegan Sun Pocono: Friday night bounty fun
The Mohegan Sun Pocono room will host daily tournaments 4 days a week. This includes a Friday night bounty event. All these events are one-day tournaments.
According to their site, the poker room is open until 3 a.m. daily. Players can find tournament action every day besides Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Their weekly tournament schedule at a glance:
- Sundays 12 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Mondays 7 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Wednesdays 7 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Fridays: $100 NLH Turbo (12 p.m.) & $125 NLH Bounty (7 p.m.)
Live! Pittsburgh continues with daily tournaments
Live! Casino Pittsburgh is upping their ante this month when they add a second Black Chip Bounty event. A $400 buy-in with a $100 bounty will take place on May 7 and May 21 at 10:15 a.m.
The 7-table poker room hosts daily tournaments for players looking for some action.
Here’s a quick look at the Live! Pittsburgh May poker schedule:
- Sundays 11:15 a.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo
- Mondays: No regular daily event
- Tuesdays 11:15 a.m.: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks
- Wednesdays 6:15 p.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks – 6:15 PM
- Thursdays 7:15 p.m. (May 5 and 19): $50 Black Chip Bounty satellite
- Fridays 11:15 a.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks
- Saturdays: $220 NLH Deepstacks – 11:15 AM
Rivers Pittsburgh Deepstack tournament
Rivers does not have daily tournaments but does offer a monthly $500 Deep Stack event on Fri., May 13. This event will be a freezeout (no reentry) and seating will be limited to 152 players. Registration is open one week prior to the event.
The Poker room also offers other promotions such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beat Jackpots $926,052 (as of 4/27/22)
- High Hands
Currently open live poker rooms in PA
- Mohegan Sun Pocono (Weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia (Weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh (Monthly tournament)
- Live! Philadelphia Casino (Weekly tournaments)
- Live! Pittsburgh Casino (Weekly tournaments)
- Mount Airy Casino Resort (No tournaments, current bad beat jackpot $171,545)
- Parx Casino (No updates on tournaments)
- Hollywood Casino at the Meadows (No tournaments)
- Wind Creek Bethlehem (No tournaments; High Hand promos every day but Saturday)
Pennsylvania Online Series
For players that would rather jump in some online poker action, major series will be available for players in the Keystone State.
Nearly each month, WSOP.com, PokerStars PA and BetMGM Poker offer Pennsylvania online tournaments. Check back here at PlayPennsylvania for further details as those events are announced.
New Jersey Poker
Even though three poker rooms are up and running in Atlantic City, only the Borgata has weekly tournaments. The following three casinos offer 24/7 cash games:
- Harrah’s Atlantic City
- Tropicana Atlantic City
Borgata Poker plans in May
The poker room continues to host tournaments on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Daily tournaments change from week to week for Borgata. The full May schedule can be found here.
Players are still hoping for a Summer Open but as of now, no official announcement has been made.
Lead image via Shutterstock.