The Fourth of July falls on a Monday this year which gives a long weekend to enjoy the holiday. Pennsylvania casinos are filled with things to do for the July 4th weekend. Whether you want to stay inside in the air conditioning and play slots and table games or enjoy concerts and fireworks, PA casinos have it all right near you.
Let’s take a look at the highlights of what’s happening.
July 4th weekend things to do at PA casinos
Live! Casino Philadelphia
Live! Casino Philadelphia is hosting a number of music concerts.
- Friday, July 1: Three Way Outs
- Saturday, July 2: Dr. Dre and Cherry Crush
- Sunday, July 3: Throwback Dance Party with DJ Eric Bartello
- Monday, July 4: High Five Swan Duo
The Phillies also host the St. Louis Cardinals for a three-game series from July 1-3. During every Phillies home game, Sports & Social at Live! Casino Philadelphia will be handing out $1 hot dogs. All proceeds will go to local animal rescue charities.
The Phillies fireworks night is on Friday, July 1 and Sunday, July 3. Live! Rewards Card members who are Gold card members and above park for free during Phillies home games in the Darien Street self-park garage.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia
The Fourth of July party at Rivers Casino Philadelphia starts on Saturday, July 3 when Philadelphia native DJ Jazzy Jeff takes the stage at 10 p.m.
A riverfront “Party on the Pier” on July 3 starts at 6 p.m. The free family-friendly event will have a DJ, food trucks, games, and conclude with fireworks after an Elton John tribute show.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has a series of music and sporting events to celebrate the July 4 holiday.
The festivities begin Friday, July 1 when Until Sunrise will perform in the H Lounge. On Saturday, July 2, HHH Band will also perform in the H Lounge. Both events are free.
Hollywood Casino will be hosting a free watch party for UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier on Saturday, July 2.
The casino will wrap up the weekend on Sunday, July 3 when Bush performs. Tickets are on sale for this event.
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun Pocono renovated their property and added new amenities for weekends like July 4.
One of their biggest draws is the “Party on the Patio,” which saw record attendance for free concerts last summer. The fun begins Thursday, June 30 with a Party on the Patio – Who’s Bad Michael Jackson addition.
The party continues on Friday, July 1 when Rock God Radio performs at the casino’s Breakers bar. Then Saturday, July 2, Ken Norton and the Fuchery takes the stage at Breakers.
Harrah’s Casino Philadelphia
Visitors at Harrah’s Philadelphia can now enjoy the new bar O’Sheas. It features table games, slot machines, live music, darts, arcade games, and spirited drinks.
O’Sheas is hosting a quizzo night on Thursday, June 30 starting at 7:30 p.m. Winners receive swag prizes, with the winning team of each game receiving a $100 gift certificate redeemable at any Harrah’s Philly dining outlet.
O’Sheas also will have live music on select Fridays throughout the summer.
Cardi B surprise show at Wind Creek Casino
Cardi B fans are getting a special treat this July 4 weekend. On Sunday, July 3, visitors will be able to see a Cardi B Dress Rehearsal. Cardi B will run through her never-before-seen show for her upcoming European performances.
Tickets go on sale June 29 at 10 a.m. and will be a phone-free experience. Phones will be collected in individual Yondr pouches that will be opened at the end of the event.
Fourth of July at Atlantic City casinos
Large amounts of PA residents love making the trek to the Jersey Shore to celebrate holiday weekends throughout the summer.
For those going on the Fourth of July weekend, here are a few Atlantic City casinos that have added some new amenities.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa opened a new steakhouse, B Prime, on June 23. B Prime takes over for Bobby Flay Steak and is located on the casino floor, steps away from BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar.
- Bally’s Atlantic City finished a $100 million renovation project that includes upgrades to the casino and hotel rooms. Bally’s also opened the Carousel Bar, New Jersey’s only 360-degree rotating bar.
- Ocean Casino Resort is debuting $85 million worth of developments to their property by July 4 weekend. The majority of spending ($72 million) was on hotel rooms and suites. The resort is also adding a new restaurant Serendipity3, a New York City landmark, and The Gallery Bar Book & Games where sports bettors can watch games, play blackjack, roulette and video poker.
Lead image c/o Shutterstock