Penn State beat Central Michigan 33-14 but the Nittany Lions failed to cover big 28-point spread. Central Michigan racked up 363 yards but Penn State forced four turnovers which kept the game Under the total points line of 63.
Quarterback Sean Clifford threw for 217 yards and four touchdowns to help Penn State stay a perfect 4-0 on the season. Penn State moved from No. 14 to No. 11 in the AP poll.
The Nittany Lions host Northwestern on October 1 at 3: 30. Opening college football betting lines have Penn State as 25.5-point favorites against Northwestern. Pennsylvania sportsbooks have college football betting lines and spreads available now.
Penn State betting lines vs. Northwestern
Penn State betting preview vs. Northwestern
- Penn State 3-1 ATS; Northwestern 1-3 ATS
- Penn State 3-1 O/U; Northwestern 1-3 O/U
- Penn State 38.7 avg points for; Northwestern 23 avg points for
- Penn State 16.7 avg points against; Northwestern 26.7 avg points against
Players to watch for Penn State
- Defense: Penn State’s defense is tied for second in the Big Ten with 17.3 points allowed.
- Offensive lulls: Sports Illustrated’s Mark Wogenrich pointed out that after scoring on their first two series, the Lions offense sputtered against Central Michigan’s updated cover-0 approach. Clifford was 1-for-10 on passes of 15+ yards.
- Sean Clifford: Through four games, the sixth year senior has been steady. He has thrown 8 TDs and only 1 interception.
How to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. You can bet on college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
Penn State Football 2022 odds
Let’s take a look at Penn State betting futures at the start of the season at FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP