Big tournaments are on the horizon this March for Pennsylvania poker players. The Keystone State is running live mystery events and fun series across the Commonwealth.
Also, the country’s largest bad beat jackpot is currently in Pennsylvania. Let’s take a look at the top poker action available.
Rivers Philadelphia Poker Mystery Bounty is back
Rivers Philadelphia is in the middle of its Philadelphia Poker Championship Series that runs until March 12. The series kicks off the month with its player championship main event, followed by the upcoming Mystery Bounty.
The Mystery Rush is a $200,000 guaranteed tournament. The multi-day event will take place March 8-12. The $560 buy-in has multiple flights to pick from and survivors from day one will join together on the final day, March 12.
Mystery Bounties are a popular trend in the poker world. Mystery bounties allow players to win big, but they don’t know what prize they receive until opening their bounty.
On day two of the event, there will be mystery bounties handed out after a player is eliminated. These bounties can range upward of $25,000. According to the site, the bounty pool will pay 18 places (<500 players), 27 places (500-599, 700-799 players) or 36 places (600-699, 800+ players). All additional day two mystery bounties are worth an equal share of the remaining bounty pool.
In February, the casino hosted a little rush tournament that saw one PA regular grab some serious cash. Rich M, scored over $31,000 for his chopped victory.
Daily casino poker tournaments will also take place in the month of March, and may change week to week:
- Mondays: $130 NLH Double Green Bounty – 7:15 p.m. – $4,000 guarantee (except March 6)
- Tuesdays: $130 NLH – 6:15 p.m. – $6,000 guarantee (except March 7)
- Wednesdays: $50 NLH – 10:15 a.m. – no guarantee ($50+ to buy-in) (except March 8)
- Saturdays: $160 NLH – 1:15 p.m. – $5,000 guarantee (except March 4 and 11)
- Sundays: $230 NLH – 11:15 a.m. – $10,000 guarantee (except March 5 and 12)
Live! Casino Philadelphia Poker Room guarantees $200,000 event
Live! Casino Philadelphia Poker Room will have some major action this month, as well. Besides its daily events, the below highlighted events will draw some large fields:
- Event 1 – $360 Buy-In (Mutli Flight) – March 9-12 – $200,000 guarantee
- Event 2 – $500 Buy-In (Mutli Flight) – March 30 – April 1 – $75,000 guarantee
In February, Live! Philadelphia ran its Liberty Bell Open series. Event one saw 87 players return for day two and crushed the guarantee. First place in the event was $65,920.
The poker room will host a daily tournament each day. Some of the weekly events include:
- Mondays: $120 NLH Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m. – $4,000 guarantee
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Fat Stacks – 6:15 p.m. – $4,000 guarantee
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks – 11:15 a.m. – $3,000 guarantee
- Thursdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks – 11:15 a.m. – $3,000 guarantee
- Fridays: $250 NLH Bounty – 11:15 a.m. – $10,000 guarantee
- Saturdays: Varying tournaments each week
- Sundays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
*Daily tournaments may vary with upcoming special events, check with the poker room before entering.
Rivers Pittsburgh features the largest bad beat jackpot in the US
In 2022, Rivers Pittsburgh set the world record for the largest bad beat ever.
As of March 2023, it currently has the biggest jackpot again in the country. The jackpot sits at $409,107 as of March 1.
Starting in March, the casino will host a brand new Friday tournament series. The tournaments will take place almost every Friday in the month. There are five events planned for the month:
- Event 1 – $160 Buy-In NLH – Friday, March 3 – 12 p.m.
- Event 2 – $160 Buy-In NLH – Friday, March 10 – 12 p.m.
- Event 3 – $500 Buy-In NLH Deepstack – Saturday, March 11 – 11 a.m.
- Event 4 – $160 Buy-In NLH – Friday, March 17 – 12 p.m.
- Event 5 – $340 Buy-In NLH Deepstack – Saturday, March 25 – 11 a.m.
Seating is limited and registration is open one week prior to the events.
The poker room also offers other promotions, such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beat Jackpots
- High Hands ($400 every hour, Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.)
Live! Casino Pittsburgh daily poker tournaments
Live! Pittsburgh will continue to offer small tournaments that are great for the one-day grinder. The standout event is the $400 Black Chip Bounty on March 4, while the rest of the schedule is as follows:
- Sundays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 2:15 p.m.
- Mondays: no regular daily event
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesdays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 6:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: $100 NLH – 6:15 p.m.
- Fridays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: $160 NLH Green Chip Bounty – 11:15 a.m.
Pennsylvania Poker Bad Beat Jackpot report
Bad Beat Jackpots are highlighted promotions players go after. Here’s a look at all live poker rooms’ current bad beats in Pennsylvania as of March 1:
- Parx Casino (No daily tournaments update, current bad beat jackpot: $167,274)
- Mohegan Pennsylvania Casino (Weekly daily tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $162,775)
- Mount Airy Casino Resort (No tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $111,207)
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia ($50,000 set Bad Beat / weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh (Monthly tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $410,533)
- Hollywood Meadows Racetrack and Casino (No tournaments, max $30,000 Progressive Bad Beat)
- Wind Creek Bethlehem (Weekly daily tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $33,964)
Pennsylvania Poker March online series
Keystone State players will have WSOP Circuit events, PASCOOP courtesy of PokerStars and BetMGM Poker online tournament series all month. So far, only the WSOP PA series has been posted.
WSOP PA Circuit schedule March 2023
The March Online Super Circuit will run March 9-26. The tournament series will offer over $480,000 in guarantees, including a $50,000 guaranteed Main Event.
Eighteen WSOP Gold Rings, and a seat in the Tournament of Champions $1 Million Freeroll that awards a WSOP Gold Bracelet will be up for grabs.
The entire schedule can be found below:
New Jersey Poker has big tournament news lurking
Currently, only the Borgata offers weekly poker tournaments in the Garden State. Three poker rooms are up and running in Atlantic City. The casinos offer 24/7 cash games at the following locations:
According to one source at the Borgata, a big BetMGM Poker / Borgata live series is brewing.
“Our next big event will be a stand-alone in May and we feel very comfortable letting everyone know, as a tease, to save the dates – Sunday, May 7 – Saturday, May 13. While I can’t say exactly what we have planned just yet, I can tell you that no one runs this event like Borgata does!”
We’ll continue to provide updates on this event as more information becomes available.