The new Live! Casino Philadelphia resides in the sports complex in South Philadelphia. With a $700 million price tag and the first Category Two casino to open in Pennsylvania since 2010, Live! Philadelphia carries big expectations. Their pro sports neighbors know all about the weight of expectations and being under a microscope.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, which is owned by Cordish Companies, opened for reservation only preview days on January 19 followed by an official grand opening to the public on February 11. What makes Live’s debut even more unique and challenging is that it’s occurring during the coronavirus pandemic.
With the previews finished and things officially “live” let’s check in on the latest happenings and answer some FAQs about Philly’s newest casino, and its iGaming entity PlayLive!
Latest happenings at Live! Casino Philadelphia
Fans have returned to Phillies, Sixers and Flyers games in a limited capacity. Walking distance from Citizens Bank Park the Wells Fargo Center, it’s no surprise Live! has seen an increase in visitors.
Senior vice president of marketing Mario Maesano told PlayPennsylvania:
“It’s been pretty great. Even with the limited capacity (at the games) we do see a pretty good pickup pre and post game. It just adds a different element to the floor in terms of excitement and energy.”
Popular games at Live!
Craps and Blackjack, obviously. Any slot with the word “Link” (Lightning Link, Dragon Link) usually always has players filling the seats.
“All of our progressives tend to be popular because of the incremental amounts you can win. Plus, the games are graphically enticing and they are fun to play,” said Maesano.
$100 bill giveaway
During the first weekend of March Madness and on a recent April weekend, Joe Billhimer, SVP for Live!’s PA casinos, was giving out $100 bills to some lucky customers.
My favorite aunt does something similar (a lower denomination, though). What’s up with Billhimer handing over hundos to strangers?
“The name of the side of our building is no mistake,” said Maesano. “We chose that because the atmosphere that Live! brings out is anything can happen at any moment. The $100 bill program is part of our spontaneity program. It’s one of the many things we will be doing here to create the atmosphere of anything can happen at Live! at any moment. You just have to be here to be part of it.”
Live! Casino Philadelphia Rewards program
Live! has an award-winning customer loyalty program. Live! Rewards will also match your current tier status of any casino in the Philadelphia region through May 31.
Live! Rewards has the following tiers:
- Classic: 0-24,999 points
- Gold: 25,000-99,999 points or 100 poker hours
- Platinum: 100,000-499,999 points or 500 poker hours
- Black: 500,000 – 999,999 points or 5,000 poker hours
- Jade: 1,000,000-1,999,999 points
- Chairman’s Club: 2,000,000 points
How to sign up for a Live! rewards card: Visit the Live! Rewards Club at the casino and present a valid form of identification. Hours for the Live! Rewards Club are Sunday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 2 a.m.
Live! Philadelphia poker room
Details about the Live! Casino Philadelphia poker room:
- Number of tables: 29
- Twitter page for Live! Casino Philadelphia poker room: @LivePoker_PHL
“The poker room is getting some really great feedback,” said Maesano. “It’s a welcome addition to the market. The poker room has great action on the tables along with friendly service.”
Live! Casino rewards for poker
- One hour of poker played equals 100 points. For more information on tier levels and rewards visit Live! Casino Philadelphia’s website.
Parking at Live! Casino Philadelphia
Live! Philadelphia offers free self-parking. However, it’s a different ball game on game days.
Parking on event days
- $25 self parking. Event parking rate goes into effect four hours prior to scheduled game time at Citizens Bank Park, Lincoln Financial Field, or the Wells Fargo Center. Call 1-833-472-5483 for live parking updates.
- Free parking for Gold Card members and above
- Classic Card members can get reimbursed in free slot play for parking fees
- Place a $100+ bet at FanDuel Sportsbook on home game days and get reimbursed for parking
For parking reimbursement, the same day parking receipt and the parking reimbursement ticket must be presented to a team member at the Live! Rewards Promotions Desk.
PlayLive! online casino
Live! Casino Philadelphia’s online casino is PlayLive. If you are 21+ and physically located in Pennsylvania, PlayLive! is available via iOS, desktop and download for Android.
PlayLive! online casino slots and table games:
- Slots: About 120 titles
- Progressive Jackpots: Divine Fortune, Mercy of the Gods
- Table games: European Roulette, French Roulette, American Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack
- Live dealer: Not yet. But it looks like live dealer will be available at PlayLive! in the second quarter of 2021.
- Video Poker: Game King, Jacks or Better, Jacks or Better Double Up
How to link your Live! Rewards card at PlayLive!
- Under the “promotions” tab, click “login to link”
- Under your settings (red tab/person with hat) click “link to loyalty card”
- Put in your account # and pin #
- A pop-up will appear stating “Linking Successful” or “Linking Failed.” Also, patrons current tier score and tier level will appear after log-in to their PlayLive account to further confirm this linking.
- A free $25 slot play will be automatically loaded to account for redemption within 72 hours. Patrons must then visit their choice of either Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia or Live! Casino Pittsburgh to claim their $25 in free slot play.
COVID-19 safety at Live! Philadelphia
Casinos in Pennsylvania are required to follow COVID-19 Casino Reopening Protocols, which include reduced capacity, masks for employees and guests and social distancing.
Live! Philadelphia uses thermal no-contact thermal screenings at all entry points. Also, they developed a comprehensive Play It Safe plan, which is an enhanced health and sanitation program that allows for increased cleaning frequency, physical distancing, reduced occupancies, new technology and vigorous hygiene and health measures.
Key components of the Play It Safe plan include:
- Installation of the state-of-the-art Atmos Air Bi-Polar Air Purification System within the HVAC system to treat and clean the air in the facility, including any virus particulates. The system is designed to perform 12 air changes per hour throughout the casino floor, which is more than twice the frequency of most commercial buildings.
- One-of-a-kind Reel Clear slot management system guarantees every customer who plays a slot machine is sitting down at a freshly sanitized machine and also has the capability to automatically social distance the customer from the nearest guest. The newly-developed system can automatically shut down a slot after it has been played and can only be reactivated by an attendant after it has been sanitized.
In March, Live! earned Forbes Health Security Seal of Approval. Earning the badge depends on a hotel’s compliance with validated best practices meant to minimize both the risks and impacts of COVID-19 and potential future health risks.
Revive at Live! sweepstakes
Live! is currently running a “Revive at Live!” sweepstakes for essential workers who need a staycation. From April 22-May 7, guests can nominate essential workers for a package that includes a one-night stay for two in a Live! Hotel suite with welcome champagne and pastries from Termini Bros. The winners, five in total, will also get $100 in casino free play and a $250 food & beverage credit.
The brief nomination form can be submitted at https://philadelphia.livecasinohotel.com/ or @LiveCasinoPHL on social media. After three weeks of voting, five random winners will win the package.
“Having opened this property in the midst of a pandemic, we have a deep respect and admiration for the many essential workers that helped us get to where we are today,” said Joe Billhimer, Executive Vice President of Cordish Gaming Group. “It was our region’s teachers, nurses, doctors, construction workers and countless others that kept our communities moving throughout the past year, so we are honored to offer these pillars of our community a moment of respite.”
Live! Casino Philadelphia FAQs
- Hours: Live! Casino Philadelphia is open 24/7
- Phone number: (833) 472-5483
- Email: [email protected]
Is smoking permitted at Live?
Currently, smoking is not allowed at any casinos in PA due to COVID restrictions.
Does Live! have drink service?
Yes. Drink service is available on the casino floor. Also, you can order alcoholic drinks at the center bar and restaurants.
What slots do they have?
Over 2,100 slots and electronic table games. Some popular titles include Buffalo Gold Revolution, Game of Thrones, Lightning Link, Dragon Link, Ba Fang Jin Bao Abundant Fortune, Dollar Storm, Quick Hit Blitz, and Lightning Cash.
How about table games?
Blackjack, craps, mini Baccarat, roulette, Big Six Wheel, Three Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’ Em, Mississippi Stud, Face Up Pai Gow Poker, Fortune Pai Gow Poker, Four Card Poker, Let it Ride, Spanish 21, Sic Bo, Pai Gow Tiles, Criss Cross, and Midi Baccarat.
What are the dining options?
The headliners are:
- The Prime Rib – The top Zagat-rated steakhouse previously located in Center City Philadelphia for more than 20 years is now in Live! Casino.
- Sports & Social Philly – Flows right into the FanDuel Sportsbook and Lounge. Huge 52-foot LED display and 24 televisions to catch all the action. Menu with sportsbook staples (burgers, wings, sandwiches), local beer and specialty.
- Luk Fu – Authentic flavors of Southeast Asia, a private dining room, private Karaoke rooms, Instagram worthy art.
- Here’s a full list of restaurants and quick serve spots at Live! Casino Philadelphia
Is there a sportsbook at Live! Philly?
Of course. Do you see who their neighbors are? The FanDuel Sportsbook has self-service betting kiosks available 24/7. Sportsbook writers are available at the window Monday – Friday 11 a.m – 12 am, Saturday – Sunday 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Does Live! have a hotel?
Yes, it has a 12-story, 208-room hotel. Guests can book reservations at Live! Hotel by calling (267) 682-7300 or online at www.LiveCasinoHotelPhilly.com.
Is Live! Casino Philadelphia hiring?
Yes. You can apply online under the “careers” section on their website. Also, most casinos in Pennsylvania are on a hiring spree.