Philadelphia players that plan on hitting the felt in February must remember to bring a mask and their vaccine card. This mandate went into effect Jan. 3 and remains.
There may be an end in site though, according to sources from NBC 10.
“From the high point of the Omicron wave, we’re down 90% in terms of new cases per day, so things are definitely going in the right direction,” Philadelphia Health Department spokesman James Garrow said. “But we were so high that it’s still a long way down. There’s real honest conversation in the Health Department about how to off ramp some of this.”
Even though vaccines are still mandated to play, that has not stopped Pennsylvania from launching plans for big tournaments this month.
Rivers Philadelphia $150K guaranteed mystery finally drops in February
After a covid spike in the city in January, Rivers Philadelphia was forced to cancel their tournament due to staffing issues. The casino has announced the Mystery Bounty $150,000 guaranteed tournament is now set for February.
On Thursday, Feb. 17, Rivers Philadelphia will showcase a $350 buy-in with a $150,000 guaranteed prize pool that starts at 11:15 a.m. This is a multi-day event with Day 1B taking place on Friday, Feb 18, Day 1C on Saturday, Feb 19 and Day 2 completing on Sunday, Feb. 20.
Mystery Bounties are a popular new style of tournaments that mix lottery with poker. For players that make it to Day 2 of the series, there will be 31 mystery bounties handed out after a player is eliminated. These bounties can range from $500 up to $10,000. If the prize pool exceeds 700 players, an additional $10,000 drawing will be added. Regular bounties will also be handed out on Day 2. Those will consist of an even split of the remaining bounty prize pool.
Additional details for the $150k guaranteed Mystery Bounty tournament:
- One entry per flight
- 30 minute levels
- 30,000 start stack
- Unlimited re-entry until the start of level 15
Rivers Daily tournaments include:
- Sundays: $230 NLH DeepStack – 11:15 a.m. – $10,000 guarantee
- Mondays: $130 NLH – 7:15 p.m. – $4,000 guarantee
- Tuesdays: $100 NLH – 1:15 p.m. – $2,500 guarantee
- Wednesdays: $130 NLH – 7:15 p.m. – $5,000 guarantee
- Saturday: $160 NLH- 1:15 p.m. – $5,000 guarantee
President’s Day weekend will see a $100,000 tournament at Live! Casino Philadelphia
Over President’s Day weekend, Live! Casino Philadelphia will play host to a $100,000 guaranteed event. This multi-flight event kicks off on Thursday, Feb. 17 at 11:15 a.m. The event will have five starting flights and Day 2 begins on Sunday, Feb. 20.
Live! Casino 100k guaranteed poker tournament details:
- $450 buy-in
- 30 minute levels
- 100,000 starting stack
- Re-entry until level 7
- $50 Satellites will take place Tuesday, Feb. 15
Live! Philadelphia focuses on tournaments and offers a daily tournament every day of the week. This includes a $25,000 guaranteed event on Saturday, Feb. 26. Other weekly events include:
- Mondays: $120 NLH Bounty – 11:15 AM
- Tuesday: $130 NLH Triple Stacks – 7:15 PM
- Wednesdays: $160 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty – 7:15 PM
- Thursdays: $120 NLH $25 Bounty – 7:15 PM
- Fridays: $160 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty – 7:15 PM
- Saturdays: $300 NLH ($15,000 guaranteed) – 11:15 AM
- Sundays: $100 NLH – 11:15 AM
Mohegan Sun Pocono poker tournaments in February 2022
Mohegan Sun Pocono allows players who want to jump into a tournament without blowing the bankroll. The casino offers small daily events for everyone to enjoy.
The room consists of nine tables. They are open until 2 a.m. daily and 4 a.m. on weekends. Currently they host daily tournaments on each day except for Tuesday and Saturdays.
Check out the Mohegan Sun Pocono tournament schedule below:
- Sundays: $100 NLH Turbo – 12 p.m.
- Mondays: $100 NLH Turbo – 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: $100 NLH Turbo – 7 p.m.
- Fridays: $100 NLH Turbo – 12 p.m. & $125 NLH Bounty – 7 p.m.
Live! Pittsburgh launches poker room and weekly tournaments
Live! Casino Pittsburgh just opened a poker room in December. Now, they are offering weekly poker tournaments and a special event this month. Here’s a glance at some events for the month of February:
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m.
- Fridays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks – 7:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: $140 NLH Quad Stacks – 11:15 a.m.
Rivers Pittsburgh tournaments:
Rivers will host a $500 Deep Stack event on Friday, Feb. 11. This is the first event planned for the new year. No other details are available at this time.
Here’s a look at all live poker rooms in the Keystone state that are open.
- Parx Casino
- Mohegan Sun Pocono (weekly tournaments)
- Mount Airy Casino Resort
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia (weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
- Meadows Racetrack and Casino
- Philadelphia Live Casino (weekly tournaments)
- Wind Creek Bethlehem ( recently reopened)
- Pittsburgh Live Casino
New Jersey poker tournaments in February 2022
Currently there are only three poker rooms in Atlantic City. The casinos offer 24/7 cash games at the following locations:
$200K tournament coming to Borgata Atlantic City President’s Day weekend
Borgata has placed some hope that bigger tournaments may make a comeback to the Jersey Shore. They recently announced a big event planned for President’s Day Weekend. This $200,000 guaranteed event will start its campaign on Sunday, Feb. 20. The $400 buy-in will showcase two flights on Sunday. Day 2 players will return on Monday, Feb. 21. Additional info includes:
- $10 add on for 10,000 in chips
- 30/40 minute levels
- 50,000 start stack ( with add-on)
- Re-entry until level 10
And the players are ready to get the cards back in the air.
Borgata is the only legal place in NJ that hosts weekly tournaments.
The casino is hosting tournaments on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Daily tournaments change from week to week. A full schedule for February can be found in the Borgata poker report.
WSOP Online Circuit also running in February
Whether you prefer to grind online or at the casino, February is full of great tournament action for Pennsylvania and New Jersey poker players.