Pittsburgh Pirates Odds
The Pittsburgh Pirates look to escape the bottom of the NL Central during the 2023 season. While they are longshots in MLB futures markets, bettors may be able to find value with other baseball wagers such as their moneyline, totals and player props.
See below for how to bet on the Pirates including the best promo codes at Pennsylvania online sportsbooks for today’s Pirates game.
Today’s Pirates Odds: Moneyline, World Series, Props
Below find top odds at Pennsylvania online sportsbooks for today’s Pirates game plus World Series odds, NL Pennant odds, and Pirates player props. Click on any odds to go right to the sportsbook, claim your bonus, and start making your Pirates bets.
Today’s Pirates Odds
Pirates World Series Odds
Ke’Bryan Hayes prop odds
Next Up: Miami Marlins
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 3:05 PM
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Recent Meetings With The Marlins
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: -||O/U Record: -|
Pirates Insights Vs. Marlins
- The Pirates have hit the third-fewest home runs in MLB play this season (159).
- Pittsburgh is 24th in baseball with a .392 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates are 23rd in MLB with a .240 batting average.
- The Pirates are 30-10 this season in games when they hit two or more long balls.
- Pittsburgh has a 32-29 record in games when it strikes out at least 10 batters.
Pirates' Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|5 - 5||0-0||5-5||6-4-0||6.0||5.7|
Betting Lines And Odds For Pirates Vs. Marlins
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Pirates Betting Insights
- The Pirates have been favored on the moneyline 30 total times this season. They've gone 19-11 in those games.
- Pittsburgh has been the underdog in 130 games this season and won 56 (43.1%) of those contests.
- The Pirates have played in 161 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 85 times (85-69-7).
- Pittsburgh has an 83-78-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51.6% of the time).
|Home||Away||Day||Night||vs. Starting RHP||vs. Starting LHP|
Pirates Players To Watch
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 84 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Reynolds ranks 52nd in homers and 44th in RBI.
- Ke'Bryan Hayes' .273 batting average paces his team.
- Hayes ranks 146th in homers and 115th in RBI this season.
- Jack Suwinski has launched a team-high 26 home runs.
- Connor Joe is batting .244 with 30 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 49 walks.
Injuries For Pittsburgh Vs. Miami
Pirates: Bailey Falter: 15-Day Injured List (neck), Angel Perdomo: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Colin Holderman: 15-Day Injured List (thumb), Andrew McCutchen: 60-Day Injured List (achilles), Oneil Cruz: 60-Day Injured List (calf), Tucupita Marcano: 60-Day Injured List (knee), Vince Velásquez: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Jarlin García: 60-Day Injured List (bicep), JT Brubaker: 60-Day Injured List (elbow)
Miami Marlins: Luis Arraez: Active (leg), Josh Bell: Active (undisclosed), Avisaíl García: 10-Day Injured List (hamstring), Eury Perez: 15-Day Injured List (back), Sandy Alcantara: 15-Day Injured List (right forearm), Tommy Nance: 60-Day Injured List (oblique), Matt Barnes: 60-Day Injured List (hip), Trevor Rogers: 60-Day Injured List (bicep), Jonathan Davis: 60-Day Injured List (knee), Anthony Bender: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Max Meyer: 60-Day Injured List (elbow)
|Andrew McCutchen||60-Day Injured List||Achilles||.256 / .378 / .397, 12 HR, 43 RBI|
|Tucupita Marcano||60-Day Injured List||Knee||.233 / .276 / .356, 3 HR, 18 RBI|
|Colin Holderman||15-Day Injured List||Thumb||0-3, 3.86 ERA, 9.3 K/9|
|Angel Perdomo||60-Day Injured List||Elbow||3-2, 3.72 ERA, 13.7 K/9|
|Bailey Falter||15-Day Injured List||Neck||2-9, 5.36 ERA, 6.7 K/9|
|Oneil Cruz||60-Day Injured List||Calf||.250 / .375 / .375, 1 HR, 4 RBI|
|Vince Velásquez||60-Day Injured List||Elbow||4-4, 3.86 ERA, 8.9 K/9|
|JT Brubaker||60-Day Injured List||Elbow||-|
|Jarlin García||60-Day Injured List||Bicep||-|
How To Bet on Pirates Games Online in Pennsylvania
Now that online sports betting is legal in Pennsylvania, it’s easy to get involved.
- Download the sportsbook app of your choice from the sportsbook website.
- Once the app is on your phone, register for a new account. Provide your name, email address, date of birth, and any other required information. If necessary, verify your identity.
- Make sure you use the bonus codes on this page to lock in your sign-up bonus or bonus bets.
- After that, deposit money into your account. Use any of the available payment options such as your bank account to get money into the account of your sportsbook of choice.
- Once you have money in the account, it’s time to look through the options and place your bets. Make sure you confirm your bet once you’ve placed it or else it won’t go through. One of the most popular markets for Pirates games include NRFI betting, where you wager on if there will be a run in the opening inning.
Pittsburgh Pirates Live Betting
In the past, if you missed the first pitch, it meant you missed your chance to bet on the game. However, with the advent of live betting, that is no longer the case. Sportsbooks now offer the ability to bet on games after they’ve started.
With live betting, the odds are adjusted for anything that’s already happened in the game at the time of your bet. This leads to the potential of getting great odds if the start of the game doesn’t go according to plan. If the Pirates go down 2-0 in the first inning, you would get substantial plus-money odds on them to come back and win the game.
If you’re going to live bet, it’s best to do so with a Pennsylvania sportsbook app. This allows you the opportunity to bet from anywhere via your phone. Getting to a computer might be difficult, but getting to your phone is much easier.
Best Pirates Betting App
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the premier names in the sports betting industry and for good reason. It’s an industry leader which means they are always looking for ways to expand their market growth and this requires them giving the bettor a great product. The app is easy to use and clean. Their customer service is also excellent.
DraftKings has a great selection of lines and props for every game. They have attractive promotional offers for new and existing customers. Depositing and withdrawing is easy too. Check out our dedicated PA sportsbook promos page to see how DraftKings bonuses compare to those offered by other sportsbooks in the state.
Betting on Pirates Futures
Once one MLB season ends, you can start looking toward the next with futures odds at online sportsbooks. At the start of the offseason, odds are posted and bettors immediately take positions. Then, offseason transactions and news change these odds.
During the season, the odds are adjusted based on how the team is doing and any injuries or major transactions. You can also bet on specific players through the futures market as well.
If you’re inclined (see above), you can bet on the Pirates to win the World Series. You can also bet on Pittsburgh to win the National League Pennant or to come out on top of the NL Central at the end of the season. Other futures bets include predicting whether they will have more or less wins than their projected season-long win total. Additionally, you can bet on players through the futures market by betting on them to win awards or by betting on their season-long props.
The main advantage of betting the futures market is the better payday. In most cases, the further you are from the outcome being decided, the better odds you’ll receive. If you bet Pittsburgh to win the World Series in spring training, you might get 200-1 odds. However, if they start winning games and turning heads, those Pirates betting odds might move to 50-1 before long.
Why Bet the Pirates Over Other MLB Teams?
There’s a feeling in sports betting that the uglier your bet, the more likely it’s a good one. Betting against public opinion and traditional thinking is a great way to be contrarian and try to find an edge against the sportsbook.
For this reason, there might be betting value on the Pirates. Nobody really expects the Pirates to be competitive and for this reason, they should be substantial underdogs on most nights. Baseball is a sport with a lot of variance. Even the worst teams in the league win nearly 60 games per season.
In terms of PNC Park, it’s a pretty neutral ballpark. After opening with a reputation as a hitters-friendly park, it’s settled in around average in terms of runs scored. There’s not much to extract from the ballpark in this situation.
Pirates Schedule 2023
The Pirates play from April to October with the normal 162-game grind. As members of the NL Central, the Pirates play 19 games each against their division rivals which include the Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers, and St. Louis Cardinals.
On top of that, they will play either six or seven games against the 10 other teams in the National League. The Pirates also play 20 games of interleague play against the American League. Check the Pirates complete day-to-day schedule at MLB.com.
Pirates Betting Lines Explained
Baseball betting is both different and similar from other sports. The sport has three major betting markets to understand. Below, you can see how standard lines for a typical Pirates game are presented, with this example taken from PointsBet online sportsbook:
|Team||Run Line||Money Line||Total|
|Pittsburgh Pirates||+1.5 (-130)||+150||Over 7.5 (-110)|
|Milwaukee Brewers||-1.5 (+110)||-170||Under 7.5 (-110)|
- Run Line: When betting the run line, you’re betting whether you think the favorite will win convincingly or whether the underdog can keep the game close or even win it outright. The run line is similar to betting against the spread in other sports. However, the run line is almost always 1.5 runs due to the nature of baseball.
- Money Line: It doesn’t get simpler than a moneyline bet. With a moneyline bet, you just need to correctly pick which team you think will win the game. It doesn’t matter how or when they win, as long as they win. The odds are adjusted based on the probability of each team winning a said game. In the above example, Pittsburgh is a significant underdog. A $100 bet on them to win the game can win you a profit of $150.
- Total: When betting the total, you’re betting whether you think the two teams will combine to score more or less runs than the listed number. When betting totals, it’s important to look at the pitching matchup as it can make a significant impact.
Pirates Vegas Odds vs. Online Odds in Pennsylvania
Up until the past few years, if you wanted to bet on sports, you had to go to Las Vegas. However, things have changed, and now betting on sports is becoming legal across the country.
These new sportsbooks have taken what works in Vegas and used it in their own states. Lines across the industry are similar no matter where the sportsbook is. These sports betting odds are set by the same factors such as analytics, injuries and team form.
One main difference is that the local teams can have their odds affected. In Pennsylvania, there are a lot of Pirates fans which means sportsbooks might need to shift a line in order to minimize their liability.
Pirates Sports Betting Partnerships
The Pittsburgh Pirates have a partnership with BetMGM. There is BetMGM branding throughout PNC park, promotions and social media content as part of the partnership.
Pirates Top Prospects
Here are the top ten prospects in the Pirates’ organization.
|1||Termarr Johnson||Second Base||18|
|4||Quinn Priester||Right Handed Pitcher||22|
|5||Nick Gonzales||Second Base||23|
|7||Bubba Chandler||Right Handed Pitcher||20|
|8||Luis Ortiz||Right Handed Pitcher||24|
|9||Mike Burrows||Right Handed Pitcher||23|
|10||Anthony Solometo||Left Handed Pitcher||20|
Pirates Bench Staff
The manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates is Derek Shelton. Prior to receiving the job, Shelton spent time in the organizations of the Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, Toronto Blue Jays and Minnesota Twins. He’s served as a hitting coach, quality control coach and bench coach.
Don Kelly enters his fourth season as the bench coach for Pittsburgh. Previously, he served as a scout for the Detroit Tigers and first base coach for the Houston Astros.
Oscar Marin is the pitching coach. He is in his third season on the Pirates’ staff. Previously, Marin coached at the college level from 2005-09 and minor league level from 2010-18. In 2019, he got his first major league role as the bullpen coach of the Texas Rangers.
Serving as the hitting coach is Andy Haines, who was hired prior to the 2022 season. Previously, he has been on the coaching staff for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Recent Pirates Managers
Prior to Derek Shelton, these are the five most recent Pirates managers:
|Clint Hurdle||2011-2019||735-720 (.505)|
|John Russell||2008-2010||186-299 (.384)|
|Jim Tracy||2006-2007||135-189 (.417)|
|Lloyd McClendon||2001-2005||336-446 (.430)|
|Gene Lamont||1997-2000||295-352 (.456)|
Pittsburgh Pirates Home Games
- Name: PNC Park
- Address: 115 Federal Street
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Owner: Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh
- Operator: Pittsburgh Pirates
- Capacity: 38,747
- Ground Breaking: April 1999
- Opening Date: March 2001
- Construction Cost: $216 Million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, College Baseball
Best Pirates Sports Bar in Pennsylvania
If you’re in the area for a Pirates game or just need somewhere to watch the game, you should check out Mike’s Beer Bar. They have over 500 kinds of beer with over 80 rotating taps. They have 21 high-definition TVs to enjoy the Pirates and any other sports that may interest you. They have an expansive food menu that could satisfy even the pickiest eater. Most importantly, the bar is located just feet from PNC Park.
The Pirates’ play-by-play duties are handled by Greg Brown and Joe Block. The analysis is handled by Bob Walk and John Wehner. In 2020, the team announced they were adding former Pirates players Kevin Young, Matt Capps, and Neil Walker as rotating analysts on both the television and radio side.
How Can I Watch or Stream Pirates Games in Pennsylvania?
You can catch the Pittsburgh Pirates on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh. If you can’t get in front of a TV, you can listen to the games on SportsRadio 93.7 FM as well as 100.1 FM. You can stream Pirates baseball through the AT&T SportsNet app. If you’re out of market, you can stream the games through MLB.tv.
Some famous Pirates fans include Michael Keaton and Wiz Khalifa.
You can purchase Pirates tickets through the team website or through secondary resale markets. Tickets cost as low as $14 with an average price of $35.
Pirate Parrot has served as the team’s mascot since 1979. The Parrot has had a significant impact on the Pittsburgh community.
You can follow the Pirates on Twitter at @Pirates.
You can buy Pirates jerseys online through the team and MLB website. You can also buy jerseys at the team store in the stadium.