Pittsburgh Pirates Odds
The Pittsburgh Pirates continue to sit at the bottom of the NL Central. However, while they are longshots in MLB futures markets, bettors may be able to find value with other baseball wagers such as moneyline, totals and Pittsburgh Pirates player props.
See below for how to bet on the Pirates including the best promo codes at PA online sportsbooks for today’s Pirates game.
Today’s Pirates odds: Moneyline, World Series, Props
Below find top odds at PA online sportsbooks for today’s Pirates game plus Pirates World Series odds, NL Pennant odds and Pirates player props. Click on any odds to go right to the sportsbook, claim your bonus and start making your Pirates bets.
Today’s Pirates Odds
Pirates World Series odds
Ke’Bryan Hayes prop odds
Next Up: St. Louis Cardinals
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSMW,ATPT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Recent Meetings With The Cardinals
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: 2-4||O/U Record: 3-3|
Pirates Insights Vs Cardinals
- Juan Carlos Oviedo (4-3) will take the mound for the Pirates, his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 6 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Pittsburgh ranks 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- The Pirates rank 29th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- Pirates pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.68 this year, which ranks 26th in MLB.
Pittsburgh's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|6 - 4||3-1||2-3||5-5-0||4.6||4.5|
Betting Lines And Odds For Pirates Vs. Cardinals
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have been favorites in 23 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (52.2%) in those contests.
- This year, Pittsburgh has won five of nine games when listed as at least -135 or better on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 57.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Pittsburgh has played as the favorite in four of its past 10 games and has gone 3-1 in those contests.
Pirates Players To Watch
- Bryan Reynolds leads the squad with a batting average of .262, and leads the Pirates in home runs, with 27 and runs batted in with 62.
- Reynolds ranks 30th in homers and 97th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Reynolds looks to build on his three-game hitting streak in this one. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Ke'Bryan Hayes is hitting .245 with 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 48 walks.
- Hayes is 247th in homers and 207th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Ben Gamel is batting .232 with 20 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 48 walks.
- Gamel looks to add another to a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Injuries For Pittsburgh Vs St. Louis
Pirates: Zack Collins: 10-Day IL (illness), Wil Crowe: 15-Day IL (elbow), Eric Stout: 15-Day IL (undisclosed), Colin Holderman: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Yerry De Los Santos: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Canaan Smith: 60-Day IL (wrist), Max Kranick: 60-Day IL (elbow), Blake Cederlind: 60-Day IL (elbow), Roberto Pérez: 60-Day IL (hamstring)
St. Louis Cardinals: Jordan Hicks: 15-Day IL (arm), Tyler O'Neill: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Drew VerHagen: 60-Day IL (hip), Álex Reyes: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
Pirates Upcoming Games
How to bet on Pirates games online in PA
Now that online sports betting is legal in Pennsylvania, it’s easy to get involved.
- Download the sportsbook app of your choice from the sportsbook website.
- Once the app is on your phone, register for a new account. Provide your name, email address, date of birth and any other required information. If necessary, verify your identity.
- Make sure you use the bonus codes on this page to lock in your sign-up bonus or free bets.
- After that, deposit money into your account. Use any of the available payment options such as your bank account to get money into the account of your sportsbook of choice.
- Once you have money in the account, it’s time to look through the options and place your bets. Make sure you confirm your bet once you’ve placed it or else it won’t go through.
Pittsburgh Pirates live betting
In the past, if you missed the first pitch, it meant you missed your chance to bet on the game. However, with the advancement of live betting, that is no longer the case. Sportsbooks now offer the ability to bet on games after they’ve started.
With live betting, the odds are adjusted for anything that’s already happened in the game at the time of your bet. This leads to the potential of getting great odds if the start of the game doesn’t go according to plan. If the Pirates go down 2-0 in the first inning, you would get substantial plus-money odds on them to come back and win the game.
If you’re going to live bet, it’s best to do so with a PA sportsbook app. This allows you the opportunity to bet from anywhere from your phone. Getting to a computer might be difficult, but getting to your cell phone is much easier.
Best Pirates betting app
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the premier names in the sports betting industry and for good reason. It’s an industry leader which means they are always looking for ways to expand their market growth and this requires them giving the bettor a great product. The app is easy to use and clean. Their customer service is great.
DraftKings also has an awesome selection of lines and props for every game. They have tremendous promotional offers for new and existing customers. Depositing money is easy and withdrawing might be even easier.
Betting on Pirates futures
Once one MLB season ends, you can start looking towards the next with futures odds at online sportsbooks. At the start of the off-season, odds are posted and bettors immediately take positions. Then, off-season transactions and news change these odds.
During the season, the odds are adjusted based on how the team is doing and any injuries or major transactions. You can also bet on specific players through the futures market as well.
If you’re inclined (see above), you can bet on the Pirates to win the World Series. You can also bet on Pittsburgh to win the National League Pennant or to come out on top of the NL Central at the end of the season. Other futures bets include predicting whether they will have more or less wins than their projected season-long win total. Additionally, you can bet on players through the futures market by betting on them to win awards or by betting on their season-long props.
The main advantage to betting the futures market is the better pay day. In most cases, the further you are from the outcome being decided, the better odds you’ll receive. If you bet Pittsburgh to win the World Series in Spring Training, you might get 200-1 odds. However, if they start winning games and turning heads, those Pirates betting odds might move to 50-1 before long.
Why bet the Pirates over other MLB teams?
There’s a feeling in sports betting that the uglier your bet, the more likely it’s a good one. Betting against public opinion and traditional thinking is a great way to be contrarian and try and find an edge against the sportsbook.
For this reason, there might be betting value on the Pirates. Nobody really expects the Pirates to be competitive and for this reason, they should be substantial underdogs on most nights. Baseball is a highly random sport with a lot of variance. Even the worst teams in the league win nearly 60 games per season.
In terms of PNC Park, it’s a pretty neutral ballpark. After opening with a reputation as a hitters-friendly park, it’s settled in around average in terms of runs scored. There’s not much to extract from the ballpark in this situation.
Pirates schedule 2023
The Pirates play from April to October with the normal 162-game grind. As members of the NL Central, the Pirates play 19 games each against their division rivals which include the Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals.
On top of that, they will play either six or seven games against the 10 other teams in the National League. The Pirates also play 20 games of interleague play against the American League. Check the Pirates complete day-to-day schedule at MLB.com.
Pirates betting lines explained
Baseball betting is both different and similar from other sports. The sport has three major betting markets to understand. Below, you can see how standard lines for a typical Pirates game are presented, with this example taken from PointsBet online sportsbook:
|Team||Run Line||Money Line||Total|
|Pittsburgh Pirates||+1.5 (-130)||+150||Over 7.5 (-110)|
|Milwaukee Brewers||-1.5 (+110)||-170||Under 7.5 (-110)|
- Run Line: When betting the run-line, you’re betting whether you think the favorite will win convincingly or whether the underdog can keep the game close or even win it outright. The run-line is similar to betting against the spread in other sports. However, the run-line is almost always 1.5 runs due to the nature of baseball.
- Money Line: It doesn’t get simpler than a moneyline bet. With a moneyline bet, you just need to correctly pick which team you think will win the game. It doesn’t matter how or when they win, as long as they win. The odds are adjusted based on the probability of each team winning a said game. In the above example, Pittsburgh is a significant underdog. A $100 bet on them to win the game can win you a profit of $150.
- Total: When betting the total, you’re betting whether you think the two teams will combine to score more or less runs than the listed number. When betting totals, it’s important to look at the pitching matchup as it can make a significant impact.
Pirates Vegas odds vs. online odds in Pennsylvania
Up until the past few years, if you wanted to bet on sports, you had to go to Las Vegas. However, things have changed and now betting on sports is becoming legal across the country.
These new sportsbooks have taken what works in Vegas and used it in their own states. Lines across the industry are similar no matter where the sportsbook is. These sports betting odds are set by the same factors such as analytics, injuries and team form.
One main difference is that the local teams can have their odds affected. In Pennsylvania, there are a lot of Pirates fans which means sportsbooks might need to shift a line in order to minimize their liability.
Which teams do the Pirates have the best and worst record against?
The Pirates have beaten the Chicago Cubs 1293 times in their history, their most wins against any opponent. Pittsburgh has also defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 1247 times. Rounding out the top three are the Philadelphia Phillies, which the Pirates have beaten 1219 times. Their best all time winning percentage comes against the Tampa Bay Rays, as they’ve won 60% of their games against the franchise.
Pittsburgh has beaten Chicago a lot in their history, but the opposite also applies. No team has beaten the Pirates more than the Cubs. Pittsburgh has 1238 losses to Chicago. The Cardinals have beaten Pittsburgh 1186 times while the Cincinnati Reds round out the top three. The Reds have beaten the Pirates 1171 times. Pittsburgh’s worst winning percentage comes against the Oakland Athletics who’ve beaten the Pirates 12 times in 18 games.
Pirates sports betting partnerships
The Pittsburgh Pirates have a partnership with BetMGM. There is BetMGM branding throughout PNC park, promotions and social media content as part of the partnership.
Pirates top prospects
Here are the consensus top ten prospects in the Pirates’ organization.
|1||Ke’Bryan Hayes||Third Base||24|
|2||Nick Gonzales||Second Base||21|
|3||Quinn Priester||Right Handed Pitcher||20|
|7||Tahnaj Thomas||Right Handed Pitcher||21|
|8||Brennan Malone||Right Handed Pitcher||20|
|10||Cody Bolton||Right Handed Pitcher||22|
Pirates bench staff
The manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates is Derek Shelton. Prior to receiving the job, Shelton spent time in the organizations of the Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, Toronto Blue Jays and Minnesota Twins. He’s served as a hitting coach, quality control coach and bench coach.
Don Kelly enters his third season as the bench coach for Pittsburgh. Previously, he served as a scout for the Detroit Tigers and first base coach for the Houston Astros.
Oscar Marin is the pitching coach. He is in his second season on the Pirates’ staff. Previously, Marin coached at the college level from 2005-09 and minor league level from 2010-18. In 2019, he got his first major league role as the bullpen coach of the Texas Rangers.
Serving as the hitting coach is Andy Haines. Eckstein was hired prior to the 2022 season. Previously, he has been on the coaching staff for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Recent Pirates managers
Prior to Derek Shelton, these are the five most recent Pirates managers:
|Clint Hurdle||2011-2019||735-720 (.505)|
|John Russell||2008-2010||186-299 (.384)|
|Jim Tracy||2006-2007||135-189 (.417)|
|Lloyd McClendon||2001-2005||336-446 (.430)|
|Gene Lamont||1997-2000||295-352 (.456)|
Pittsburgh Pirates home games
- Name: PNC Park
- Address: 115 Federal Street
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Owner: Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh
- Operator: Pittsburgh Pirates
- Capacity: 38,747
- Ground Breaking: April 1999
- Opening Date: March 2001
- Construction Cost: $216 Million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, College Baseball
Best Pirates sports bar in Pennsylvania
If you’re in the area for a Pirates game or just need somewhere to watch the game, you should check out Mike’s Beer Bar. They have over 500 different kinds of beer with over 80 rotating taps. They have 21 high definition TVs to enjoy the Pirates and any other sports that may interest you. They have an expansive food menu that could satisfy even the pickiest eater. Most importantly, the bar is located just feet from PNC Park.
The Pirates’ play-by-play duties are handled by Greg Brown and Joe Block. The analysis is handled by Bob Walk and John Wehner. In 2020, the team announced they were adding former Pirates players Kevin Young, Matt Capps, and Michael McKenry as rotating analysts on both the television and radio side.
How can I watch or stream Pirates games in Pennsylvania?
You can catch the Pittsburgh Pirates on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh. If you can’t get in front of a TV, you can listen to the games on SportsRadio 93.7 FM as well as 100.1 FM. You can stream Pirates baseball through the AT&T SportsNet app. If you’re out of market, you can stream the games through MLB.tv.
Some famous Pirates fans include Michael Keaton and Wiz Khalifa.
You can purchase Pirates tickets through the team website or through secondary resale markets. Tickets cost as low as $14 with an average price of $35.
Pirate Parrot has served as the team’s mascot since 1979. The Parrot has had a significant impact on the Pittsburgh community.
You can follow the Pirates on Twitter at @Pirates.
You can buy Pirates jerseys online through the team and MLB website. You can also buy jerseys at the team store in the stadium.