Philadelphia Phillies Odds
The Phillies, in the ultra-competitive NL East with the Braves, Mets, and Nationals, always have the odds stacked against them. All believe they can win the division. But only one team can come out ahead after 162 games.
Below you’ll find all you need to bet on the Phillies in PA including the best available odds across all PA online sportsbooks for today’s game, the best Phillies World Series odds plus more key stats and info.
Today’s Phillies odds: Moneyline, World Series, Props
The best part about betting on MLB baseball is that there is action almost every night. Below find the best available odds on today’s Phillies game at PA online sportsbooks plus Phillies World Series odds and player props. Click on any odds to go straight to the sportsbook, claim your bonus and get your Phillies bets down.
Today’s Phillies Odds
Phillies World Series odds
Bryce Harper MVP, prop odds
Next Up: San Diego Padres
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Recent Meetings With The Padres
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 1 Totals||Overall Record: 0-1||O/U Record: 1-0|
Phillies Insights Vs Padres
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Zack Wheeler (1-3) for his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Philadelphia has a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- They have a 12-4 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have won nine of their 14 games this season when striking out 10 or more opposing batters.
Philadelphia's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|6 - 4||0-2||5-2||6-4-0||5.4||4.3|
Betting Lines And Odds For Phillies Vs. Padres
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies have come away with nine wins in the 21 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Philadelphia has a mark of 6-5 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -150 or better on the moneyline.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 60% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Over their last 10 games, Philadelphia has been favored twice and lost each contest.
Phillies Players To Watch
- Bryce Harper paces the Phillies in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (27).
- Including all hitters in baseball, Harper's home runs rank him seventh, and his RBI tally places him ninth.
- Harper looks to build on his six-game hitting streak in this one. In his last 10 games he is batting .450 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura has three doubles, six home runs and nine walks while batting .307.
- Segura ranks 34th in homers in the majors and 111th in RBI.
- Segura will look to safely hit in his 14th straight game in this one. In his last 10 games he is hitting .472 with a double, four home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .278 with nine doubles, five home runs and 11 walks.
Injuries For Philadelphia Vs San Diego
Phillies: Bryce Harper: Active (elbow), Mickey Moniak: 10-Day IL (hand), Didi Gregorius: 10-Day IL (knee), Ryan Sherriff: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Sam Coonrod: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Kent Emanuel: 60-Day IL (elbow), Rafael Marchan: 60-Day IL (hamstring), JoJo Romero: 60-Day IL (elbow)
San Diego Padres: Matt Beaty: 10-Day IL (shoulder), Blake Snell: 10-Day IL (groin), Tim Hill: 15-Day IL (shoulder), Adrian Morejon: 60-Day IL (elbow), Pierce Johnson: 60-Day IL (elbow), Austin Adams: 60-Day IL (forearm), Fernando Tatis Jr.: 60-Day IL (wrist), Drew Pomeranz: 60-Day IL (forearm), Michel Baez: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Phillies Upcoming Games
Best Phillies betting app
In a state with a lot of betting options, BetMGM stands out as one of the best. It’s a big player in the industry which should lead to consistent growth. It has a great sign up bonus with only a 1x rollover requirement. It has a solid, easy to navigate app to place your bets while on the move.
BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania also has a wide variety of markets to keep your interest no matter what sport you bet on. Most importantly, it has an easy and quick deposit and withdrawal process with a lot of options to fund your account and cash out.
How to bet on Phillies games online in PA
Betting on Phillies games and other sports has never been easier in Pennsylvania. Simply follow these steps to get in on the action.
- Make sure you are in the state and your phone location recognizes that fact. Then, download the app from your app store of choice.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, register for a new account. Provide your name, email address, date of birth and any other necessary information. If necessary, verify your identity.
- Once you’ve registered a new account and you’re logged in, check out this page to find any sign-up bonuses or promotions you find appealing. Follow the links to claim them for your account.
- After that, fund your account if necessary. Use any of the available payment options to get money into the account of your sportsbook of choice.
- Once we’re funded, we can scroll through the odds and place our bets. Make sure you confirm your bet once you’ve placed it.
Bet on Phillies futures & player props
You can bet on the Phillies through the futures market both before and during the season. At the start of the off-season, odds are posted and then adjusted for every trade and free agent signing. During the season, the Phillies betting odds are adjusted based on the current form of the team and their opponents, as well as things like injuries and other transactions. You can also bet on specific players through the futures market as well.
Some examples of futures betting include betting on the Phillies to win the World Series, betting on Philadelphia to win the National League Pennant or to come out on top of the NL East. Other futures bets include:
- Betting the over/under on their season win total.
- Bet on players to win MLB awards
- Bet on players to hit certain season-long milestones
- Bet on players to hit specific game moments/totals
The main advantage to betting through the futures market is the increased odds. In most cases, the further you are from the outcome, the better odds you’ll receive. If you bet Philadelphia to win the World Series in Spring Training, you might get 25-1 odds. However, if they make the playoffs, those odds might reduce down to 10-1.
Why bet the Phillies over other MLB teams?
Betting is all about finding the right spots and the right odds in order to make your bet one with good value. The Philadelphia Phillies offer that option to bettors.
Philadelphia has three strong pitchers that might be undervalued. Aaron Nola is a Cy Young candidate, but he’s not priced nearly as high as some other elite pitchers. Zack Wheeler is a borderline ace, but he doesn’t get nearly that amount of respect. Meanwhile, Zach Eflin has developed into a very good pitcher.
Additionally, the Phillies are a good team but they’re not quite an elite team. Therefore, there’s opportunities to find good value when they’re in favorable matchups. They’re also talented enough to upset the elite teams.
Betting on MLB games at Citizens Bank Park
Since 2013, Citizens Bank Park has found itself in the top 10 ballparks when it comes to home runs. In 2013 and 2017, the ballpark had the most home runs per game in the Major Leagues. In a league that relies on the home run to power it’s run scoring, it’s no surprise to see that for the most part, Citizens Bank Park has produced an above average amount of runs.
Phillies betting lines explained
When betting on baseball on a day-to-day basis, there are three main markets to consider. Below, you’ll find an example of the lines for a typical Phillies game, in this case taken from PointsBet Sportsbook in Pennsylvania:
|Philadelphia Phillies||-1.5 (+130)||-160||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Miami Marlins||+1.5 (-150)||+140||Under 8.5 (-110)|
- Run Line: The run-line is the equivalent of spread betting in other sports. You are betting whether you think the favorite will win and cover the spread, or whether you think the underdog can either win the game outright or keep it closer than the experts think. In baseball, the run-line is usually 1.5 runs due to the low scoring nature of the sport as well as the amount of variance game-to-game. For this reason, the favorite is usually an underdog to cover the run-line.
- Money Line: When betting on the moneyline in a game, you’re simply picking a team to win the game. The margin of victory does not matter nor does it matter in what fashion the team wins the game. The odds on the moneyline are adjusted based on the probability of each team winning. In the above example, at -160, it’s implied Philadelphia wins this game nearly 61.5% of the time.
- Total: Similar to total betting in other sports, you are betting on whether you think the two teams will combine to score more or less runs than the listed number. Factors such as ballpark, starting pitchers, bullpen strength and team’s lineups are important to consider when betting the total.
Phillies Vegas odds vs. online odds in Pennsylvania
While Pennsylvania might have just legalized sports betting relatively recently, betting on sports is not a new concept. For most of recent history in this country, Las Vegas was the center of sports betting. Now that the legalization of sports betting is happening across the country, many states are using Vegas as a blueprint for how to run their operation.
Both Pennsylvania and Vegas use computer models and analytics to set lines that they think should attract two-way action. They have access to the same information when it comes to injuries, rumors and team performance. For that reason, the sports betting lines and odds are very similar when you compare the two.
One main difference is when betting on the local teams. It’s no surprise that local fans want to bet on local teams, so when you’re betting on teams like the Phillies, Eagles or Flyers, you might be paying a premium in Pennsylvania compared to Vegas. This is because the sportsbook is attempting to limit their liability to a certain side.
Phillies live betting
If you miss the first pitch of a Phillies game, it doesn’t mean it’s too late to get in on the action. You can bet after the game has started through live betting. With live betting, the odds are adjusted for anything that has already happened in the game up to that point.
Perhaps the Phillies go down 1-0 in the top of the first, but you still believe they can come back and win the game. You can likely get Philadelphia at better odds than they were prior to the game if you live bet them at that point. If the game starts off high-scoring but you expect the bullpens to have a strong night, you can live bet the under at its inflated live total.
Live betting is easiest with a sportsbook app. You can live bet from anywhere, whether it’s the office, the store or your couch.
Phillies sports betting partnerships
The Phillies do not have an official partnership with any sportsbook and neither does Citizens Bank Park. However, MLB has an official gaming partnership with BetMGM. Other local teams like the Eagles, Flyers and 76ers have partnerships with sportsbooks. Expect the Phillies to follow suit shortly.
Phillies top prospects
Here are the consensus top 10 prospects in the Phillies’ organization:
|1||Spencer Howard||Right Handed Pitcher||24|
|2||Mick Abel||Right Handed Pitcher||19|
|4||Francisco Morales||Right Handed Pitcher||21|
|9||Erik Miller||Left Handed Pitcher||23|
Phillies bench staff
The manager of the Philadelphia Phillies is Joe Girardi. Girardi was hired in 2019. Girardi previously managed the Florida Marlins in 2006 and the New York Yankees from 2018-2017. He won the World Series in 2009.
Rob Thomson is the bench coach. He previously served on the Yankees coaching staff under Girardi.
Caleb Cotham is the pitching coach. He served two seasons on the Cincinnati Reds coaching staff as assistant pitching coach and then director of pitching.
Joe Dillon is the Phillies’ hitting coach. Dillon was hired in 2019 on Girardi’s staff. Previously, he served in the Washington Nationals organization since 2013.
Recent Phillies managers
Prior to Joe Girardi, these are the five most recent Phillies managers:
|Gabe Kapler||2018-2019||161-163 (.497)|
|Pete Mackanin||2015-2017||174-238 (.422)|
|Ryne Sandberg||2013-2015||119-159 (.428)|
|Charlie Manuel||2005-2013||780-636 (.551)|
|Larry Bowa||2001-2004||337-308 (.522)|
Philadelphia Phillies home games
- Name: Citizens Bank Park
- Address: 1 Citizens Bank Way
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Owner: City of Philadelphia
- Operator: Global Spectrum
- Capacity: 42,792
- Ground Breaking: June 2001
- Opening Date: April 2004
- Construction Cost: $458 Million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, NHL Outdoor Hockey
Best Phillies sports bar in Pennsylvania
If you can’t get to the game, the best place to watch Phillies games in Pennsylvania is XFINITY Live! Located at 1100 Pattison Ave in Philadelphia.
It’s an 80,000 square foot destination with a 32 foot long television inside and a 24 foot wide television outside. It’s got plenty of eating and dining options. It’s almost as big of an attraction as the stadium itself!
The current Phillies broadcasters on the television side are Tom McCarthy and John Kruk. McCarthy has handled the play-by-play role since 2009, with Kruk joining in 2017. Ricky Bottalico, Ben Davis, Ruben Amaro Jr and Mike Schmidt are also involved in the broadcast occasionally.
On the radio side, Scott Franzke has been the play-by-play announcer since 2006. Larry Andersen has handled the analysis since 1998. In recent years, Rob Brooks and Kevin Frandsen have joined the booth.
How can I watch or stream Phillies games in Pennsylvania?
Most Philadelphia Phillies games are broadcast on NBC Sports Philadelphia. The flagship radio station is WIP 94.1 FM.
If you need to stream the game, you can do so through the NBC Sports App.
The Phillies have many famous fans, including Bradley Cooper, Rob McElhenney, Will Smith, Miles Teller and Jim Cramer.
You can get Phillies tickets from the team website or through secondary resale markets. In 2019, the average Phillies ticket was $36.
The Phillies mascot is Phillie Phanatic. He is a large, furry bird. He is one of the more popular and funny mascots in sports.
You can follow the Phillies on Twitter at @Phillies.
The highest rated Phillies player on the Show 2021 is Phillies pitcher Aaron Nola at 92. Catcher J.T. Realmuto is also rated at 92 while Bryce Harper is at 90.
You can buy Phillies jerseys online at MLBShop.com. You can also buy jerseys at the team store in the stadium.