Golden Nugget Sportsbook PA Review & Bonus Code
Disclaimer: Golden Nugget Online Sportsbook is not yet live in PA. This review is speculative based on what we expect, and will be updated as soon as it launches.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook will soon be available to sports fans in Pennsylvania. The sportsbook received a fantastic welcome from residents in New Jersey when it arrived in 2019, and has gone on to launch in Michigan.
Now, players in PA will have access to the same sportsbook, promotions and betting features. Golden Nugget is also offering bettors a solid welcome offer to celebrate its launch in the Keystone State.
Read on to find out how you can get your hands on a free bet up to $250 from the sportsbook. We’ll also go into detail about everything Golden Nugget Sportsbook PA has to offer its users.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook welcome bonus: $250 free bet
To celebrate its arrival in PA, Golden Nugget has a welcome offer for newly created accounts. To claim it, you’ll need to use one of our links to head over to the site and create a player account using the code PLAYBONUS.
When you complete your player profile, your first bet will be matched in the form of an additional bet free for up to $250. Simply make a deposit at the sportsbook, place your first wager, and receive the money back in the form of a free bet credit. We’ll go into more detail about the promotion below.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook bonus code 2023
|Online Sportsbook||Golden Nugget Sportsbook PA|
|Sign up bonus||Up to $250 free bet|
|Last updated||January 2023|
How does the Golden Nugget bonus work?
Golden Nugget has kept its PA welcome offer very simple, but there’s still a small amount of fine print you should be aware of. First, this offer is only open to new Golden Nugget players within the state of Pennsylvania. You also need to be 21 or older.
Make a deposit at the site, and place your first bet. This must be a straight wager. If your bet wins or loses you will be able to continue as normal, but you will receive a free bet for the same amount at Golden Nugget for up to $250. The amount will be awarded in the form of a free bet to use within 72 hours.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook PA promotions
Golden Nugget always offers a good number of promotions to its existing sportsbook players. Click the “Promos and rewards” button at the top of any page to view the full list. We’ve included some of our favorites below, but make sure to check the site for the complete offering.
- Golden Lines daily odds boosts: Every day, Golden Nugget offers a selection of odds boosts. Golden Lines are usually available across all sports and bet types; just check out the Golden Lines page to see what events qualify. Most of these bets are subject to a $25 minimum stake.
- Parlay boosts: When creating a parlay at Golden Nugget PA, look for a small gift symbol on your betting slip. When you pick three qualifying selections, your parlay will receive a boost. Three-way parlays receive a 3% boost, and this increases as you add more selections to your bet.
- Play+ cash back: Receive a $10 bonus when you register for a Play+ account and make an eligible deposit within seven days.
- Super Sidekicks Refer-A-Friend: Refer your friends to Golden Nugget Sportsbook to receive up to $500 in instant bonuses when they create an account and start betting.
Is Golden Nugget legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes, Golden Nugget holds a QGE (qualified gaming entity) license, meaning it was able to apply for a casino license in PA after operators based in the state. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board approved the online sportsbook in PA in January 2019, and Golden Nugget is waiting on final approval to officially launch in the state. Following its online casino launch, it’s very likely that Golden Nugget will follow up by applying for an online sports betting license.
How to create a Golden Nugget account in Pennsylvania
Golden Nugget has made it very easy for players in PA to sign up for an account. To get started, click on our sportsbook link to reach the website. From there, click the red sign-up button on the top right of the site. To continue and claim your Golden Nugget welcome bonus, follow the instructions below.
- Enter your email address and a secure password to be linked to your account.
- On the next pages, enter a series of personal details: your full name and date of birth, gender, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and your address and mobile number. Then create and answer two security questions to protect your account.
- Enter the code PLAYBONUS to claim the welcome offer.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- Click to confirm your details and register your account.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook app
Golden Nugget has created a sportsbook app that works across both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to place and track bets from anywhere in PA without needing a desktop computer.
The app is fast and provides a smooth and responsive experience for users. Simply make sure you are connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi, then launch the app to place wagers. You’ll be able to place all the same bets as the desktop site via the app, as well as claim bonus codes, deposit cash and access customer support.
Navigate the app using the one simple menu, which allows you to choose your sport, or head over to the banking or promotions pages. When you choose a sport, the app will display all available leagues and odds. Choose your odds to add them to your pop-up bet slip, where you can then add wagers.
Best features of the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app
There are plenty of things to shout about when it comes to the Golden Nugget app. Here are just a few of our favorite features:
- Simple navigation: You’ll be able to navigate the entire sportsbook app from just one menu, letting you move around much faster. This is great for those last-minute bets, or if you want to claim a bonus code before time runs out.
- Fast customer support: You don’t have to look far to find customer support at Golden Nugget. You’ll find a red chat icon at the bottom right of most pages, which you can click to start a live chat.
- Great live betting interface: Golden Nugget PA has one menu for live betting and another for all games happening that day. This makes it very easy to browse your options already, but games are also organized in chronological order to help make your experience even smoother.
- Quick deposit feature: Set up the sportsbook’s quick deposit feature to make sure you’re never caught short. Perfect for those last-minute bets, this feature saves your banking details so you can fund your account and place your wagers within seconds.
- All-in-one platform: We all know Golden Nugget is more than just a sportsbook, but did you know you can also access the operator’s online casino from the same site? Having both your online casino and sportsbook accounts in the same place makes for really convenient betting.
How could Golden Nugget improve?
While we love this sportsbook, there’s always room for improvement. Here’s a couple of changes we think Golden Nugget could make:
- Mobile-only promos: We’d like to see the operator introduce a few mobile-only offers to reward players who use the app.
- Improve website accessibility: We’ve found that the Golden Nugget Sportsbook website doesn’t work very well on smaller screens. The site could improve with better accessibility for small screens.
Types of bets available at Golden Nugget PA Sportsbook
Golden Nugget offers a range of great betting options, including point spreads, moneylines, parlays and props. You’ll be able to place pregame bets, live bets while games are in progress, and futures bets on more distant occurrences.
Get started by browsing for all available sports on the menu on the left. Click on an event to view all games happening today, as well as available odds. Click the arrow next to each listing to open it in more detail, including more odds and different betting options. Alternatively, click the “Live betting” tab to view all games currently taking place. When you select your odds here, you’ll see live stats on your bet.
You’ll find your betting slip on the right side of the site, where it’s quick and easy to place your wager and track it.
Sports you can bet on at Golden Nugget in Pennsylvania
Golden Nugget Sportsbook covers pretty much every sport you’d want to place a bet on, including football, hockey and basketball. Scroll down the list to find options like tennis, golf and more.
As for leagues, Golden Nugget doesn’t disappoint. Look for extensive coverage of the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB. The site also covers international leagues and tournaments such as the English Premier League and the Australian Open. You can also look out for the UFC, WNBA and college football and basketball.
Pennsylvania sports teams you can bet on
We all love keeping up with games from around the country, but when our local teams are involved, things get serious. At Golden Nugget Sportsbook, you’ll find great coverage of all the local pro and Division I college teams in Pennsylvania.
You can bet on the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates in Major League Baseball, or support the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA. You’ll also find all Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers games in the NFL, as well as full coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL.
Pennsylvania futures betting
If you’d prefer to place long-term bets over taking a stab at live betting, Golden Nugget also has you covered with futures on both professional and college sports teams. You could place a futures bet on the Philadelphia Eagles to win the Super Bowl. Or you could back Joel Embiid to win the MVP award for the season, or on the 76ers to win their conference or division.
Whatever Pennsylvania team you want to support this year, there will likely be a Golden Nugget future to match it. Simply choose a sport and scroll down to find all futures options.
How to deposit and cash out on the Golden Nugget app
You’ll find plenty of banking options at Golden Nugget PA. To fund your account, choose from the following deposit methods:
- PayNearMe (available at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar and CVS locations)
- Online bank transfer
To withdraw, choose from the following options:
- Play+ account transfer
- Bank transfer
- Check by mail
How to contact Golden Nugget customer support
It’s very easy to get in touch with the customer support team at Golden Nugget. Choose from the following options.
- Live chat: Click the red chat icon at the bottom right of the screen. Enter your name and a short message to connect with a member of the team via live chat.
- Email: Click the help center button at the top of the site and scroll to find the mail icon. Click on it to send an email straight to the sportsbook’s customer support team.
- Phone: Head over to the help center and click the phone icon to find a list of over-the-phone support numbers.
- FAQ: Golden Nugget’s FAQ is pretty good. Browse questions on promotions, the app, betting rules and more, or use the search bar to look for specific queries.
Responsible gambling at Golden Nugget Pennsylvania
Golden Nugget Sportsbook makes responsible gambling in PA a priority — click the “RG” icon at the top right of the page to view the sportsbook’s full policy. Golden Nugget allows players to restrict the amount of time they spend on the site and the amount of cash they spend when betting.
You can also self-exclude from the sportsbook if you wish to take some time out, or permanently delete your account. Golden Nugget takes the safety of its players very seriously, so you’ll find extra precautions across the site.
Where is the Golden Nugget retail sportsbook?
Golden Nugget has yet to launch a retail sportsbook in Pennsylvania, but one could be arriving in the future. We’ll update this page as soon as we have more information on Golden Nugget in PA.
Is Golden Nugget the best sportsbook in Pennsylvania?
Though Golden Nugget Sportsbook is pretty new to Pennsylvania, the site has stood its ground as a good contender in the state. With a great sports selection, app and betting options, the sportsbook is definitely on its way to gold status.
We’d still like to see how it gets on over the next six months before coming to any conclusions, but Golden Nugget could be on the way to being one of the best sportsbooks in Pennsylvania.