Disclaimer: Bally Bet Sportsbook is not yet live in Pennsylvania. This review shows expected bonuses and promotions, and will be updated once Bally Bet goes live in PA. In the meantime, try one of these top PA sportsbooks.
Bally Bet Sportsbook is slated to enter the Pennsylvania sports betting landscape at some point in 2021. At the tail end of 2020 and the start of 2021, Bally’s entered into some major deals that should set Bally Bet up for success going forward.
For starters, the company rebranded from Twin Rivers and acquired Bet.Works to help create what will be the Bally Bet app. Bally’s also will rename more than 20 Fox regional sports networks across the country to Bally’s Sports.
And finally, locally, Bally’s agreed to a deal to build a satellite casino in Center County, near Penn State University. That deal will allow Bally’s to launch an online sportsbook in the state and host a retail sportsbook, too.
For this preview, we’ll tell you everything we know about the Bally Bet Sportsbook and what you can expect when it debuts.
Why choose Bally Bet Sportsbook?
- Welcome offers at launch time likely to be impressive.
- Ability to be one of the early adopters of new products.
- Likely to offer a range of betting markets and sports to bet on.
Bally Bet welcome bonus
While nothing has been announced, there is no reason to believe Bally Bet will enter the Pennsylvania market without a welcome bonus for new users. Here’s a look at the most common welcome bonuses at online sportsbooks in the state to get an idea of what you can expect from Bally Bet PA.
- Risk-free first bets: One of the more common welcome offers at Pennsylvania sportsbooks is a one-time, risk-free bet. For these offers, you almost always receive a free bet if your first wager at the sportsbook loses, while if your initial bet wins then nothing changes.
- Initial deposit matches: Here is a welcome bonus that you’ll see a lot. Sportsbooks will match your first deposit up to a set amount. The percentage of the match can vary but is often as high as 100%. The key here is seeing how much money you need to wager in order to get your deposit match released. Usually you have to play through your deposit at least 1x in order to receive your extra funds.
- Join bonuses: Bally Bet also might offer free bets just for creating an account. These are usually only for $20 to $30, but would be a great way to incentivize Pennsylvanians to sign up with the new online sportsbook.
Bally Bet Sportsbook bonus code
|Pennsylvania Sportsbooks||Bally Bet Sportsbook|
|Online Since||Debuting in 2021|
|Last Updated||September 2021|
Regular promotions available on the Bally Bet sports betting app
While Bally Bet has yet to reveal the type of promotions it will have, it is a safe assumption that it will follow the trend of most PA sportsbooks and offer daily odds boosts, among other promos.
The big question is will it go so far as to compete with top sportsbooks like DraftKings and FanDuel when it comes to regular promotions? Both of those sportsbooks have solid offerings daily for new and existing users, but they also separate themselves from the crowd with their promotions that are basically guaranteed wins for players.
If Bally Bet decides to do the same thing you definitely will want to be a part of it.
Is Bally Bet legal in Pennsylvania?
When it launches in Pennsylvania, Bally Bet Sportsbook will be 100% legal and safe.
Bally Bet will receive a sports betting license in the Keystone State by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, which oversees gambling in the state. Once that happens, it will mean that Bally Bet is licensed and regulated, and you can feel safe in doing business there.
In order to place any bets on sports in the state, users must be at least 21 years old and located in the state when placing bets. For that reason, you will need to have some form of geolocation software turned on in order for the system to confirm you are within Pennsylvania state lines when you place wagers.
How to create a Bally Bet account in Pennsylvania
Until Bally Bet Pennsylvania officially launches, we will not be able to walk you through exactly how to sign up, but we definitely can tell you what you will need to create an account.
You will need to supply Bally’s with account details like your full name, email and home address, your date of birth and a phone number, plus the last four digits of your Social Security number to confirm your identity. Many sportsbooks also require users to pick a couple of security questions and answer them for additional security.
You will be able to complete the application process entirely online using either the Bally Bet website or app. And it should take only a couple of minutes to finish.
Bally Bet Sportsbook app in Pennsylvania
When the Bally Bet app is released, you will be able to download it by following our links. It will be available for both iOS and Android operating systems.
When you follow our link to the Bally site, you can select either the Apple or Android app and then get it downloaded and installed onto your phone or tablet.
Navigating the Bally Bet app
When it comes to using the Bally Bet Sportsbook app in Pennsylvania, there are a few areas with which you will want to become familiar.
Learning how to place bets is without a doubt the most important. Once you find the bet or bets you want to make, you will click on them and they will be added to your bet slip. From there, you can decide either to make single bets, or combine your bets into a teaser, round robin or parlay.
After you have done all of that, all that is left is entering a dollar amount and then placing your bet. Just remember that you always need to be in the Keystone State when actually placing your bets.
It also makes sense to check the Bally Bet promotions page regularly to make sure you’re not missing out on any new offers. And lastly, you should check out your account and personal settings to make sure everything is set up in a way you want.
Types of bets available on Bally Bet
And now here’s a look at all the various kinds of sports wagers you can place using the Bally Bet app.
- First up we have moneyline bets, which are the simplest types of sports wagers available because you are just selecting which team you think will win
- Then there are point spread bets. In order to win, your selection needs to “cover the spread.” That means favorites have to win by a set number of points, while underdogs must win or lose by no more than a set number in order for your bet to win.
- Another common bet type is totals, or over/unders. These can refer to any bet where you are wagering on if a stat will be higher or lower than a number the sportsbook provides, most commonly this is for the combined score in a game.
- Prop bets usually are focused on specific players and how they will perform during games, but they also can be for team- or game-based milestones.
- Parlays are two or more bets you group together in order to increase your potential winnings. For your parlay wager to win you need to get all your selections, called legs, correct.
- Teasers are similar to parlays but are for basketball and football spread bets of two games or more. For teasers you move the line in your favor to make the bet easier to win.
- Round robins also involve multiple selections, in this case three legs or more, and your picks are combined together so that you can get a selection wrong, but still win some of your money back. The sportsbook will automatically group your picks together; all you need to do is select your bets.
- Bally Bet also will have futures betting, where you can make selections on teams to win championships or on players to win season-long awards.
- And finally you can try your hand at live betting thanks to the Bally Bet PA app. Live betting is any bets you make after a game has started, odds will change throughout games depending on what is going on in the game.
Sports you can bet on at Bally Bet in Pennsylvania
When Bally Bet launches in 2021, it will likely offer bets on all the major US pro leagues as well as plenty of college and international action, with specific markets for the NFL, NHL, MLB and NBA along with college football and basketball, UFC, PGA Tour, NASCAR, MLS and WNBA.
When it comes to international leagues you will be able to place bets on the Champions League, English Premier League and probably other soccer leagues, as well. Once Bally Bet goes live in Pennsylvania, you will be able to view all the sports you can bet on by checking out its app.
Pennsylvania sports team betting guide
Here’s a look at the local professional and college teams you’ll be able to bet on using Bally’s app:
- First up in the NFL you can bet on the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Then in Major League Baseball you have both the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates.
- In the NHL there is another pair of teams from Pittsburgh and Philly: the Philadelphia Flyers and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- The Philadelphia 76ers are the only NBA team that calls Pennsylvania home.
- The Philadelphia Union is the only MLS team from the Keystone State.
- Switching over to the college ranks, there are 11 Division I college football teams from the state and 14 Division I college basketball teams.
Bally Bet Sportsbook likely will end up seeing a lot of action for neighboring New Jersey colleges, as well, because the Garden State does not allow betting on in-state college teams.
Bally Bet Pennsylvania futures market
For futures markets, you’ll be able to bet on the Eagles or Steelers to win the Super Bowl or the Flyers or Penguins to win the Stanley Cup. You also could bet on the Phillies or Pirates to win World Series or the 76ers to hoist the Larry O’Brien Trophy at the end of the NBA Finals.
You also will find futures markets for players on all those teams to receive awards for their regular season or postseason play. In the NFL, it is likely that Bally Bet Sportsbook will have markets for players to lead the league in rushing, passing and receiving yards.
And don’t forget about college. Using the Bally Bet app you could bet on Penn State’s football team winning the Big Ten Conference or even the national championship. Or maybe you want to bet on the Villanova basketball team to make the Final Four or win the national championship.
How to deposit and cash out on the Bally Bet app
If Bally Bet plans to make a serious splash in the Pennsylvania sports betting market, it will need to have plenty of options when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money.
We’re hopeful that you will be able to make deposits into your Bally’s account using a credit card, e-check or bank transfer. And hopefully you also will be able to fund your Bally Bet account with PayPal and in-person services like PayNearMe.
Being able to withdraw your winnings remotely will be another major area where Bally Bet should have plenty of options for customers. One of the best parts about sports betting is when you have a big win, but if you’re not able to get your winnings in a timely and easy manner, that is less exciting.
How to contact Bally Bet customer support
Once Bally Bet is operational in the Keystone State, you will assuredly be able to get help from its customer support team in a number of ways.
You likely will be able to call, possibly text and definitely email for help with any problems you encounter. Bally’s also should have a help page on its app and website where you can troubleshoot your problem and potentially be able to solve it on your own.
Responsible gambling at Bally Bet
In order to receive a sports betting license in Pennsylvania, Bally Bet Sportsbook will need to prove it is committed to responsible gambling.
A major feature that many people might not be aware of at online sportsbooks is the ability to personally set limits for how much money and time you can spend at the sportsbook.
You also can ban yourself from online sportsbooks too. And since mobile sportsbook accounts are created using your personal information, including your Social Security number, it makes it impossible to simply open a new account if you choose to self-ban.
Where is the Bally Bet retail sportsbook?
Currently there is not a retail sportsbook location in Pennsylvania for Bally Bet. However, early in 2021 Bally reach a deal with local businessman Ira Lubert to build a satellite casino in Center County.
There was some speculation that the casino could be built at the site of the struggling Nittany Mall, which is on the edge of State College. Once built, there almost certainly will be a retail sportsbook at the casino, likely a Bally Bet one.
Is Bally Bet the best sportsbook in Pennsylvania?
While Bally Bet doesn’t even exist as of now, we can say that in order to be considered the best sportsbook in the state, it will have to do a lot of things extremely well.
It will start with creating a welcome bonus that truly gives users a reason for creating an account and depositing money with the sportsbook. After that, Bally Bet will need to offer competitive odds and plenty of sports betting markets to choose from. Finally, Bally Bet will need to offer quality promotions that continue to reward customers for being loyal to the Bally’s brand. And it needs to do that while offering a top-quality app.
Bally Bet FAQs
What is the minimum age to bet at Bally Bet Sportsbook in Pennsylvania?
To bet on sports in Pennsylvania, you need to be at least 21 years old. Also, to place bets at Bally Bet you need to have geolocation software on your phone, tablet or computer enabled to verify that are you are making your bets from within Pennsylvania state lines.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Bally Bet online?
No, you can use the Bally Bet website to create and manage your Bally’s account as well as to place bets. The Bally’s app is free, though, and allows you to bet from anywhere within Pennsylvania with a signal.
Is Bally Bet licensed in Pennsylvania?
It will be. Before Bally Bet Sportsbook launches it will need a sports betting license from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. If you have any questions/complaints about Bally’s or any other sportsbook in the state, you can call (717-346-8300) or email ([email protected]) the PGCB, which will look into the matter.
Do I have to go to a retail location to sign up for Bally Bet?
No, you can create your account online and use the app to place bets. The only stipulation is that you must be in Pennsylvania to bet.
Can I bet on the Penn State Nittany Lions at Bally Bet?
Yes, Bally Bet has markets for college basketball and football, including for Penn State and many other Pennsylvania-based college teams, unlike some states that prohibit betting on local NCAA schools.
Can I use Bally Bet outside of Pennsylvania?
Not really. While you will be able to open the Bally Bet app outside of the state and see odds, you won’t be able to place bets.