Pittsburgh Penguins fans have had plenty to cheer about at the PPG Paints Arena. This season, the Penguins have an NHL-best record on their home ice (20-3-2).
Now, they have another reason to get excited. The BetRivers Lounge officially opened April 24 ahead of the Pens hosting the New Jersey Devils.
BetRivers Lounge at PPG Paints Arena
Details on the BetRivers Lounge at PPG Paints Arena
- Location: FedEx level, third floor, section 119
- Features: Two rows of ticketed bowl seats, a lounge area with club chairs, a generous bar top, hi-def video screens, and streaming odds boards. Here’s a video of the BetRivers Lounge.
- Can I place bets at the arena? If you are 21+, you can place a bet on an online sportsbook anywhere in PA. However, there are no betting kiosks or teller windows at the arena.
- How to get tickets to the BetRivers Lounge: BetRivers Lounge seating will be available at ticketmaster.com/penguins for select games. You can also call 412.642.PENS to purchase.
The groundwork for BetRivers Lounge in Pittsburgh
Last fall, Rivers Casino Pittsburgh and Rush Street Interactive announced a deal with the Penguins to build a sportsbook-style lounge. In addition, Rivers Casino Pittsburgh and BetRivers.com are the official casino and official sportsbook of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
David Morehouse, president and CEO of the Penguins commented in a press release:
“The BetRivers Lounge is yet another investment delivered under our Rivers partnership to enhance fan experiences inside PPG Paints Arena. The lounge will provide a safe and exciting space for fans to enjoy an innovative and multimedia experience while attending Pens games and other live sporting events year-round.”
Rush Street Interactive was the first iGaming operator to launch online sports betting in Pennsylvania in June 2019. RSI also operates online sportsbooks in seven other states.
“The BetRivers Lounge symbolizes our strong partnership with the Penguins, five-time Stanley Cup champions, and our commitment to Pittsburgh sports generally,” said Mattias Stetz, chief operating officer of Rush Street Interactive, the operator of BetRivers.com.“The new lounge enhances the experience of watching live and wagering in real-time. We are proud to be the exclusive sportsbook of this winning franchise.”
Flyers have BetRivers Lounge, too
The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers are having different seasons on the ice. The Penguins currently hold the top spot in the East Division and the Flyers have a .2% chance of making the playoffs. Pennsylvania’s NHL teams do have in-arena sportsbook lounges in common.
In October 2019, the BetRivers.com Sports Lounge and the Rivers Casino Philadelphia Sports Lounge debuted at the Wells Fargo Center. It was a big part in the rebranding effort as SugarHouse Casino transitioned to Rivers Casino Philadelphia and PlaySugarHouse.com moved to BetRivers.com in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
DMAC Architecture of Chicago created the sportsbook lounges at Wells Fargo Center, PPG Paints Arena, Rivers Casino Philadelphia, and Rivers Casino Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania.
Current odds and betting info for the Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins currently hold the top spot in the East Division with seven games remaining. However, the Penguins are getting no respect from bettors in the Stanley Cup futures market.
Currently at DraftKings, the Top 5 teams by handle in the Stanley Cup futures market are:
- 24%: Colorado Avalanche (+450)
- 10%: Philadelphia Flyers (+5000)
- 10%: Vegas Golden Knights
- 8% Boston Bruins (+1600)
- 6%: Tampa Bay Lightning (+5000)
The Penguins do not even crack the Top Ten for handle or bet count. But they do have the sixth-best odds to win the 2021 Stanley Cup.
Pittsburgh Penguins futures odds at BetRivers
- Stanley Cup: +1200
- East Division: +120
Pittsburgh Penguins betting stats
- The Penguins are on a four-game winning streak and are 8-1-1 in their last ten games.
- The Penguins’ 169 goals ranks them second in the NHL behind the Washington Capitals (170)
- Goal differential: +34
- Of the Penguins’ seven remaining games, two are against the Capitals who trail the Penguins by one point in the East Division. Two games are against the league-worst Buffalo Sabres and two are against the Flyers.