Senior Content Manager
Valerie Cross is a senior content manager for Catena Media’s Play network of sites including PlayPennsylvania, PlayMichigan and PlayNJ.com. Valerie was a poker writer and editor for PokerNews before joining the regulated sports betting and online gambling industry with Catena Media in 2019. She received her BA from Furman University in 2007 in Spanish and Psychology and completed her MA and Ph.D. at Indiana University in Language Education.
A former college English instructor, Valerie helps manage content and evergreen pages for some of Catena Media’s most notable Play sites, where she also periodically provides online poker and gambling market analysis.
Must Read PA Online Poker Articles by Valerie Cross
Online Poker: Phil Galfond Talks Run It Once US Poker Plans: ‘We’re Obsessed With Improving the Player Experience’
Online Poker: When Will Pennsylvania Join Interstate Online Poker Player Pools?
Online Poker: Celebrating Two Years of Online Poker in Pennsylvania: Interviews With Key PokerStars PA Players
US Gambling Articles by Valerie Cross
iGaming & Casinos: A Year For The Record Books: PA Online Casinos End 2021 on $127 Million High Note in December
iGaming & Casinos: Online Gambling Growth Helps Soften Economic Blows to PA Casinos
Gambling Stocks: Online Casino States Like PA Drive Gambling Stocks To Profitability, Morgan Stanley Report Shows
Video Commentary on US Legal Online Poker
Posts by Valerie Cross:
- TwinSpires App Makes Pennsylvania Debut As Churchill Downs Says Goodbye To BetAmerica, 21 Apr 2021
- PA Sports Betting Handle Jumps 55% Year Over Year in February Thanks To Record Super Bowl, 16 Mar 2021
- $RSI Stock Trending Up With Bullish Rush Street Interactive 2020 Earnings, 2021 Projections, 12 Mar 2021
- Penn National Stock Rides Positive Online Sports Betting Momentum to $100 a Share, 11 Jan 2021
- BetMGM Sportsbook Strikes Deal with Philadelphia 76ers in Time for NBA Tipoff, 22 Dec 2020
- BetMGM Sportsbook Ready to Rumble in PA With Penn National in Its Corner, 17 Dec 2020
- PokerStars PA To Refund Online Poker Players Affected by Geolocation Outage, 23 Oct 2020
- Penn National Raises $982 Million in Stock Sale to Bolster Barstool Branding Push, 30 Sep 2020
- Can Barstool Sportsbook Really Dominate FanDuel and DraftKings in PA?, 25 Sep 2020
- PA Online Casino Stays Hot With $50 Million June, Over $1 Billion in Slot Wagers, 16 Jul 2020