Borgata Sportsbook Pennsylvania Bonus Code And Review
Disclaimer: Borgata Sportsbook is not available in Pennsylvania. This review is speculative based on the Borgata app in the states where it is available. This page will be updated if and when Borgata Sportsbook launches in Pennsylvania.
Best Pennsylvania sportsbook promos in September
Pennsylvania is the second state in which Borgata Sportsbook will operate, giving residents one more option to pick from when choosing an online sportsbook. After launching in New Jersey in 2019, the sportsbook debuted in Pennsylvania in 2021 a few months after Borgata’s online casino went live.
This page covers how to sign up at Borgata Sports and start betting, including banking information and what you can bet on. It also goes over Borgata’s sign up bonus for new users: $100 in bonus bets.
Borgata sportsbook sign up bonus: $100 in bonus bets
What Borgata’s sign-up bonus lacks in overall size, it more than makes up for in value. When you create a new account, enter the Borgata bonus code PLAYPA to qualify for the bonus. Then place a bet for $20 or more and you’ll receive 10 bonus bets, each worth $10, to use at the sportsbook.
So you’ll receive $100 in bonus bets for making a $20 bet, and you can divide those 10 bonus bets as you wish. You still could bet all $100 on one thing, or you could divide it to place multiple wagers. There is no question that other Pennsylvania sportsbooks have larger welcome bonuses, but they also require larger deposits and/or larger bets to claim, and they may not provide the same flexibility.
Borgata Pennsylvania welcome bonus & promo code in September 2023
|Pennsylvania Borgata Bonus Code||Coming Soon|
|Sign-up Bonus||Up to $100 bonus bet|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Borgata Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Borgata Sportsbook promotions in Pennsylvania
It remains to be seen exactly what promotions Borgata Sportsbook will run in Pennsylvania, but we can get a decent idea based on what it has to offer in New Jersey.
- Multi-sport parlay boost: Increase the winnings on all your parlays of four to seven legs by 15% to 40%. The 15% increase is for four-leg parlays and the 40% for seven legs, while five legs increase by 20% and six legs by 30%. You’ll receive any bonus winnings as a bonus bet, not simply as extra cash.
- Boosted prebuilt parlays: Borgata does not offer traditional odds boosts. Instead, it provides prebuilt parlays with enhanced overall odds. A word of warning, through: Check what the odds would be for the prebuilt parlay before simply accepting the “boosted” odds. Most of the time those odds are better, but sometimes creating the parlay on your own gets you better odds.
- Bonus bets: At times you can receive bonus bets if you wager a set amount on a specific sport. For instance, you might get a $25 bonus wager if you place a bet of $50 or more. The key condition here is that most of the time your bet has to have odds of -200 or longer.
Borgata offers different promotions almost daily; you can check the sportsbook’s promotions page to keep up to date with what’s available. If you see something you like, be sure to opt in.
Is Borgata legal in Pennsylvania?
Borgata Sportsbook absolutely is legal in PA. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board granted it a sports betting license in 2021, and it went live shortly thereafter. Here are the key rules for sports betting in PA:
- You need to be 21 or older to put down any sports bets.
- You also need to be in the state at the time you place any bets. That is why you are required to have geolocation software on the device you are using to bet.
- You can bet on college sports in the state, including wagering on local college teams.
However, betting on non-sports events like the drafts in the NFL or NBA, awards shows like the Grammys or Oscars and presidential elections is prohibited.
How to create a Borgata Sports account in PA
Creating a Borgata Sportsbook account is easy; you just need a smartphone, tablet or computer, internet access and about three to five minutes. Open the app or website, select “Register” and then enter the following details:
- Home address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Following that, Borgata will ask you four questions in order to verify your identity. If you miss any of the questions, you will need to send in valid ID to get your account set up. Even this is not a big deal; uploading an image of your driver’s license usually will suffice.
Borgata Sportsbook app in Pennsylvania
Borgata’s dual online sportsbook/casino app is available for Android and iOS devices. Follow the instructions below to download it.
Downloading the Borgata Sports app for iOS
Follow one of the links on this page to the Borgata website to register. After creating your account, you should see a download button near the top of your screen. When you click on it to open the App Store and download the Borgata app from there.
Downloading the Borgata Sportsbook Android app
Follow the same process to create an account. Once you are signed up, a header labeled “Download” will appear in the scrollable marquee of the Borgata website. When you click there, it will ask if you want to download the Borgata app file. Android always warns users that files like this can be dangerous, but the Borgata file is safe. Download and install the file, and you can begin using the Borgata app right away.
Navigating the Borgata sports betting app
If you are familiar with the BetMGM app, then Borgata will look and function in a similar fashion, as both were created by the joint venture between MGM Resorts and Entain (formerly GVC Holdings). The combined digital branch is now under the BetMGM umbrella.
There are multiple ways to maneuver around the app. You can use the headers along the upper part of the screen or those along the left side. You also can select various sports from the middle of the screen, where games and odds appear.
To place wagers, you simply need to tap on a bet. Doing so puts it into your bet slip. As you add more bets, the slip will display how many wagers are in it, and with each addition a golden bar will pop up showing the odds of a parlay based on your selections. The only step remaining is to enter your bet size and then place the bet. Remember, once you place your bet, there is no going back, so always double check.
To make financial transactions, click on the account button and then click “cashier.” From there you can make a deposit, request a withdrawal or check on your payment history. The account tab also provides links for contacting customer support, checking your balance, viewing your inbox and changing your settings.
Best features of the Borgata sportsbook app
While Borgata has a variety of strong points, here are three of our favorites:
- Cashier: Borgata has more methods to deposit and withdraw than just about any sportsbook in Pennsylvania.
- Sportsbook and casino in one: With Pennsylvania allowing online casinos as well as sportsbooks, Borgata gives you access to both. And unlike other combo apps, the Borgata app does not feel as if the sportsbook is an afterthought.
- Parlay builder: The ability to create parlays quickly and easily is another big plus. You can switch from one sport to the next and easily add legs to your parlay.
How could Borgata Sportsbook improve?
Here are three of the top areas where we think Borgata could do better:
- Customer support: Not only is the live chat the only way to directly talk to a Borgata representative, but you must navigate around the FAQ just to get to that stage.
- Betting presets: This might not be an issue for some bettors, but we don’t like that Borgata’s bet slip defaults to $50 bets and for the extra confirmation to be turned off, making it more likely that you’ll accidentally put down a $50 bet. You can change this in the account settings, but we would prefer to not have to.
- Promotions: One of the reasons FanDuel and DraftKings are at the top in terms of betting handle in PA is because they spend so much on promotions. At least right now, Borgata is not running nearly as many PA sports betting promotions.
Types of bets at Borgata Sportsbook
Borgata offers a variety of betting options:
- Moneyline: The moneyline is a bet on which side will win. The numbers indicate which team is favored (negative odds) and which is the underdog (positive odds). A line of -225 means you would need to bet $225 for a chance to win $100. A line of +225 means a $100 wager would stand to win $225.
- Spreads: Point spread wagers factor in an estimated margin of victory. If you bet on the favorite, it needs to win by more than the spread, and the underdog would need to either win outright or lose by a smaller margin than the spread.
- Totals: Also called over/unders, these are wagers on the total combined score of the game. The sportsbook will set a line, and you can wager if the total score will go over or under that line.
- Props: These are side bets on specific instances within a game. For example: Will Sidney Crosby record an assist? Will Joel Embiid have over/under 35.5 points and rebounds? Will Bryce Harper homer?
- Parlays: Combine multiple selections in a single bet to boost your payout if you win. You need to get all of your selections correct, however; otherwise you win nothing.
- Teasers: Teasers are modified parlays that allow you to move the lines for the games in question. At Borgata you can select alternate spreads for each game and thus create super-customized teasers.
- Round robins: These are similar to parlays, but they are arranged so you can miss a pick and still win something. Though you win more if you get everything right.
- Futures: Place bets on long-term outcomes. Instead of betting on this week’s Steelers game, you could place a futures bet on the Steelers to win the AFC North or Super Bowl.
- Live betting: Bet along with a game as it’s in progress. Borgata has a plethora of live betting options that you can find by clicking the “Live” tab on the upper left portion of the screen. Be aware that the live betting odds can change quickly based on what’s happening in the game.
Sports you can bet on at Borgata in Pennsylvania
International soccer also offers a variety of leagues to bet on, including the UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Liga MX, Bundesliga and the World Cup. You can also check out Borgata’s complete listing for additional options like tablet tennis, rugby and handball.
Pennsylvania sports team betting guide
Pennsylvania offers a variety of in-state options for bettors. There are two teams each in Major League Baseball (Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates), the National Football League (Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles) and the National Hockey League (Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers).
Then you have the Philadelphia 76ers in the National Basketball Association and the Philadelphia Union in Major League Soccer.
In addition there are all the college teams. Penn State, Pittsburgh and Temple compete in football in the FBS, while the FCS is home to Bucknell, Duquesne, Lafayette, Lehigh, Penn, Robert Morris, Saint Francis and Villanova. All of those teams have basketball programs along with their football teams, and La Salle, Saint Joseph’s and Drexel all just have basketball teams.
Borgata Pennsylvania futures market
Borgata Sportsbook has one of the better selections of futures bets, although sometimes they can be slightly challenging to find.
Take the NBA for example. When you click on the NBA section, it takes you to a page showing the upcoming games with a header labeled “Futures.” When you select that, you’ll see championship markets and that’s it. However, if you look at the left side of the screen, you’ll see more futures for division winners, conference winners and individual awards.
This is how most of the futures markets appear at Borgata, so just be mindful to look around if at first you don’t find the markets you’re interested in. Once you do, you’ll be able to bet on the Eagles or Steelers to win the Super Bowl, the Flyers or Penguins to win the Stanley Cup, the Pirates or Phillies to win the World Series or the 76ers to win the NBA Finals.
Borgata also has players futures markets available, allowing you to wager on individuals to win various awards.
How to deposit and cash out on the Borgata app
Borgata has one of the most extensive offerings for depositing and cashing out that you’ll find at any PA sportsbook. You can withdraw or deposit funds by clicking on the account button, then “cashier.”
- Debit or credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover)
- Online bank transfer
- ACH (e-check)
- Instant bank transfer
- Bank wire transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid card
- Instant bank transfer
- Online bank transfer
- Check in the mail
If Borgata eventually opens a retail sportsbook in the state, you also would be able to make transactions in person at that location.
How to contact Borgata Sportsbook customer service
Reaching customer service at Borgata can be a bit of a hassle. From the account menu, select “support” and then “FAQ.” From there, you’ll answer questions designed to find a solution to your problem. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have the option to either start a live chat with a Borgata agent or send an email and await a response.
On the plus side, the live chat feature is available at all hours of the day, seven days a week. It would just be better to have an option to go directly there, instead of having to answer questions.
Responsible gambling at Borgata
One way online sportsbooks like Borgata help encourage responsible gambling is with the control that players have over their accounts. You can restrict how much money or time you spend on the Borgata app and even self-exclude entirely if you wish.
Borgata also provides information on where to get help if you believe you have a gambling problem.
Where is the Borgata retail sportsbook?
Borgata does not have a retail location in Pennsylvania at the moment, though that could change in the future.
Is Borgata the best sportsbook in Pennsylvania?
With more established online sportsbooks such as FanDuel, DraftKings and BetMGM in place in the Keystone State, it’s tough to consider Borgata to be the best at the moment. Knowing that many users tend to have two, three or four sportsbook accounts, though, we see no reason why Borgata shouldn’t be one of those making the cut.
The Borgata bonus code is PLAYNJ, which will unlock $100 in free bets after you place a first wager of $20 or more.
Yes, Borgata is licensed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, which is in charge of sports betting in the state. If you come across any problems, you can contact the PGCB by phone (717-346-8300) or email ([email protected]).
The minimum age to legally bet on sports in Pennsylvania is 21. You’ll also need to be physically in the state when you bet. This means you’ll need to have geolocation enabled on your device; otherwise you won’t be able to bet.
Absolutely, Borgata offers betting markets for Penn State football and basketball games, as well as for other Pennsylvania college teams like Pittsburgh and Temple. Gambling law in the state does not prohibit wagering on local college teams like it does in New Jersey and some other states.
Nope, you can do all your betting via Borgata’s website if you so choose. We do, however, highly recommend getting the app if you have a mobile device. In addition to being free and working great, it also allows access to the online casino.
Not really. As of right now, Borgata is only legal in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but even in New Jersey you need a separate app to bet with Borgata. You will be able to make deposits and withdrawals from outside the state, but you will not be able to place any bets or even cash out any winnings unless you are within Pennsylvania state lines.