PointsBet Casino Pennsylvania Promo Code & Review
PointsBet Casino debuted in Pennsylvania on April 13, 2022, partnering with Penn National Gaming and Hollywood Casino York. PointsBet became the 18th legal, regulated online casino to go live in the Keystone State. The company’s online sportsbook was previously launched in February.
While PointsBet did not provide a casino-based promo for new customers in Pennsylvania at launch, its online sportsbook offers one, and the online casino could soon follow.
PointsBet already offers innovative sports betting features. Now both the sportsbook and casino are integrated into one swift, smooth and simple-to-navigate app. Additionally, the PointsBet game collection continues to grow, with a selection of slots, table games, and live dealer titles. This review will cover those features in more depth, and everything else PointsBet Casino offers in Pennsylvania.
PointsBet PA welcome bonus
PointsBet does not yet list a casino-specific welcome bonus for new customers in Pennsylvania. If it ends up offering the same welcome bonus as it does in Michigan, though, new customers will be able to get a 200% refund on any losses in their first 72 hours of play. The refund takes the form of free spin credits.
PointsBet Casino PA promo code 2022
|Online Casino||PointsBet Casino Pennsylvania|
|PointsBet Casino PA Bonus Code||Click to Claim Promo|
|PointsBet Casino PA No Deposit Bonus||TBD|
|PointsBet Casino PA Deposit Bonus||TBD|
|PointsBet Pennsylvania Launch Date||April 2022|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
How the PointsBet Casino bonus works
At the moment, there is no PointsBet PA sign up bonus available to new customers in Pennsylvania. If that changes, such a bonus could take a similar form to what the online casino offers in Michigan. If that happens, you could receive up to $800 in free spin credits as a refund based on any losses over your first three days.
The Michigan promo provides the free spin credits at a rate of 200% of any losses you suffer. You then have seven days to use them before they expire, and you must use them to play slots at PointsBet. You cannot use them on table games or withdraw them.
Other PointsBet Casino promotions
PointsBet Casino PA does not currently offer promotions for established customers, but that will likely change. Along with its casino welcome bonus in Michigan, it has offered a table game promotion in the past. To participate, players had to wager at least $50 on a select table game in order to receive equal free spins for any casino game.
Another past promo provided free spins for use on select casino games after players wagered a certain amount on a game of the week, such as the popular slot Da Vinci Diamonds.
Keep in mind that promotions rotate in and out on a regular basis, and you can find what’s currently available on PointsBet’s promos page.
PointsBet Rewards program
PointsBet Rewards only benefits sports bettors at the moment, but that could change down the road. Should PointsBet open its loyalty program to casino patrons, you will likely automatically join after registering for a new account.
Loyalty programs allow players to earn rewards points for their wagers. PointsBet Sportsbook reward points never expire, which is a plus compared to some competitors, and you can redeem them for perks like free online play and merchandise.
How join the PointsBet Pennsylvania casino
As long as you’re at least 21 years old, you should be able to create an account at PointsBet Casino Pennsylvania in minutes. Here’s how to go about it:
- On the PointsBet Casino site, select the sign-up button.
- Type in your personal details. You will need to provide your full name, email, phone, home address, and date of birth.
- Type in the last four digits of your Social Security number for identity verification purposes.
- Type in the username/password combination you’d like to use.
- If you want, toggle the switch to allow two-part authentication.
- Agree with PointsBet’s legal requirements.
- Click the “Join PointsBet” button to complete the process.
Once PointsBet has verified your account, you will be ready to make a deposit and start checking out the online casino.
How to download the PointsBet PA casino app
In Pennsylvania, you must install the PointsBet Sportsbook app to access the casino. To download the app for iOS or Android, follow these steps:
- Navigate to PointsBet Sportsbook on a mobile browser. You must be located in Pennsylvania.
- Double-check to make sure the correct state (PA) is displaying in your browser’s address bar.
- Sign up for a new account or sign in to your existing account.
- Select the menu icon in the lower left corner of the screen, scroll down to where it says “Download App” and select that link.
- On the new page, click the button appropriate for your device to transfer to the download page.
Once you’ve downloaded the app and you log in, the sportsbook will open by default. To access the casino, select the same menu icon can choose “Casino — New.”
PointsBet prides itself on its proprietary casino platform. It took just 18 months for the company to develop the casino software, which had its inaugural launch in Michigan in May 2021. A stand-alone casino app next launched in New Jersey in July 2021, followed by integrated sportsbook/casino launches in West Virginia (January 2022) and Pennsylvania (April 2022).
The PointsBet app is one of the most reliable, smoothest products on the market. The simple layout makes it easy to navigate. All the features on the full-sized version of the site are also available on the app, including all of the games, your account details and administrative resources.
Use the main menu to access the promotions page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find responsible gambling info and tools, the help center, live chat, and more. Note that live chat is not available on the app.
The top navigation bar gives you the option to sort games by slots, table games, roulette, blackjack or video poker. There’s also a simple search field to look for individual titles.
Best features of the PointsBet Casino app
DraftKings and FanDuel may have excellent brand recognition in the US, largely thanks to their large daily fantasy sports operations, but the Australia-based PointsBet has become a top contender here in just the last couple of years.
Given the steady growth of PointsBet Sportsbook, we can likely expect more to come from the PointsBet online casino, as well. Here are its main strengths and weaknesses at the moment:
- Proprietary platform: PointsBet owns all of its sportsbook and casino technology, which means that in-house programmers are on hand to improve the site. As a result, PointsBet offers a top-notch experience on one of the smoothest, swiftest, and most user-friendly apps in the business. Many online casinos rely on third-party companies for their software needs.
- Aggressive growth: PointsBet launched its first sportsbook in New Jersey in 2019. Since then, the company has expanded into nine other states — Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New York, Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. PointsBet debuted its first online casino in Michigan, then followed with launches in New Jersey, West Virginia and now Pennsylvania. This company appears to be going places fast.
- Integrated platform: With the exception of New Jersey, which has a stand-alone online casino, PointsBet offers an integrated app that combines its sportsbook with its new online casino. The two share a wallet, which can be convenient if you use both.
- Game library: Given its recent launch, it’s understandable that PointsBet has a small game library in Pennsylvania. However, PointsBet Casino launched a year ago in Michigan, and it still offers just 50 games in the state. Plus, other than a few live dealer titles from Evolution Gaming, all of PointsBet Casino’s games are from IGT. While we get that PointsBet’s primary focus right now is expansion, and we certainly love IGT casino games, we would like to see more variety.
- Loyalty program: PointsBet has not indicated that it intends to offer its sportsbook loyalty program to casino patrons. With a limited range of games so far, it would be nice to have an incentive to play them.
- Additional banking options: We get that it takes time to build relationships with US banking institutions, but it would still be nice to see more options for moving money onto and off of your PointsBet account.
PointsBet casino games in Pennsylvania
A few weeks after its April launch, PointsBet online casino PA offered about 20 titles from IGT and Evolution Gaming. While this seems like a pretty small selection, remember that every new online PA casino has to start somewhere, and we should see this collection grow with time.
In the meantime, PointsBet Casino is a good place to hang out during lulls in live sports action, especially if you’re a fan of live dealer table games. PointsBet had the foresight to offer Evolution Gaming’s live dealer titles right at launch, which is not something that every online casino in the state was able to do.
You can separate the available options into categories using the navigation bar, including featured, new, table games, slots and video poker. Rules for each title, along with minimum and maximum wagers, are available in the game interface.
PointsBet online slots
At the time of this review, PointsBet Casino in Pennsylvania offered about 10 slots from IGT, including popular titles such as Wild Fury, Fortune Coin, Siberian Storm, Da Vinci Diamonds, Treasures of the Pyramids and Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme Spin. Wheel of Fortune Megaways also offers a chance for players to win a big prize. If you’re looking for a few suggestions, here are some other real money slot titles:
- 100,000 Pyramid: This game has five reels, 15 paylines and a chance to win 100,000x your original wager. Spin three or more winner’s circle symbols anywhere on the reels to trigger the free spins jackpot bonus round. You’re looking to climb the pyramid to earn multipliers and additional free spins as you go. This game is a good fit for fans of the iconic game show.
- Cleopatra: This Egyptian-themed game is a perpetual fan favorite that features five reels, 20 paylines, Cleopatra wilds, flaming sphinx scatters and a free spins bonus game with the potential for up to 180 free spins. Spin five Cleopatra wilds to win 10,000x your original wager. Spin three or more sphinx symbols to trigger the bonus game. With an average return-to-player rate of 95.02%, the Cleopatra slot is popular in land-based casinos, making it good for fans looking for an old favorite.
- The Wild Life: This simple five-reel, 40-payline slot has a safari theme and paylines that win from either direction. The lion wild can expand to fill the entire reel for an even better chance to cash in. Three or more African scatter symbols will trigger the free spins bonus round, along with the chance to win up to 2,000x your original wager. This low-volatility game has the potential to produce a lot of smaller-sized wins, making it good for players who like to see lots of action.
- Triple Diamond: This classic three-reel slot features nine paylines and old-time, familiar symbols such as triple diamonds, color bars and lucky 7s. There’s no bonus round, but you can win up to 2,000x your original wager when you spin three triple diamond symbols. Spin the three triple diamonds on the ninth payline to win the maximum payout of 25,000x.
Other casino games at PointsBet
You’ll find about a dozen table games at PointsBet, including live dealer options from Evolution Gaming. You’ll also find the popular Game King video poker series from IGT. There’s one classic version of roulette online, one baccarat title and two versions of blackjack, as well:
- Blackjack with Surrender
- Multi-Hand Blackjack with Surrender (play up to three hands at a time)
Table poker titles include Three Card Stud and Three Card Poker. In addition to the Game King collection, you’ll also find IGT’s multi-hand Triple Play Video Poker series. Here are the live dealer titles:
- Live Blackjack
- Infinite Blackjack
- Live Speed Baccarat
- Live American Roulette
- Live American Auto-Roulette
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
Free and real money casino games at PointsBet
Not all PA online casinos will let you try games for free in demo mode, but the PointsBet FAQ says you can click a “Play for Free” switch in the game lobby to play at least some games in demo mode. This option was not available to us, maybe because it’s a feature the developers plan to add down the road or because our new account was not yet fully verified.
Even though you can’t cash out your winnings when you’re playing in demo mode, we like to try most games out for free before we wager real money. Demo mode is a good way to figure out how the wagering works and what the rules are.
PointsBet Casino online banking options
You’ll find the cashier link under the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Online banking: This is PointsBet Casino’s recommended banking method. As long as your personal bank is a member of Trustly Online Banking’s network of 200,000-plus financial institutions, you can make deposits via online banking.
- PayPal: Use your personal PayPal account (as long as it’s linked to a personal bank account) to transfer money into your PointsBet wallet. There is no maximum deposit limit or maximum number of transactions.
- ACH e-check: Maximum deposit limits vary on a case-by-case basis.
- Credit and debit: This option is the least likely to be successful. Not all card issuers will allow transactions with online casinos. If your bank does allow transactions, you may still need to pay a cash advance fee.
- PayNearMe: This cash-only payment voucher option has a $500 max deposit for every 24 hours. To use, select PayNearMe in the deposit window, enter your current zip code, then click “Search” to find participating retailers nearby.
To guard against fraudulent transactions, PointsBet Casino will conduct a standard internal review on all withdrawal requests. Most reviews take 24 hours or less, but some may take as long as five business days.
To make a withdrawal, you’ll need to fill out PointsBet’s standard withdrawal form. The following banking options are available:
- Online banking: Will only appear as an option if you used it to make a deposit. Can take one to three business days to arrive in your account after the review.
- PayPal: Will only appear as an option if you used it to make a deposit. May take up to two business days for PointsBet’s internal review, then up to half an hour to arrive in your PayPal account.
- ACH e-check: Can take one to three business days to arrive in your account after the internal review.
PointsBet Casino customer support
PointsBet has improved its casino FAQ section after its initial Michigan launch. To get there, scroll down to the page footer and select the “Help” link, which will take you to the FAQ. Topics include getting started, account info, depositing, withdrawing, promotions, online casino, responsible gambling and rules.
If you can’t find an answer in the FAQ, you can reach out to player support via live chat or an online email form. Click the chat icon at the bottom of the page to join the queue, then supply a few details about your issue.
Is PointsBet Casino legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board issued sports betting and online casino licenses to PointsBet in January 2022, in partnership with Penn National Gaming and Hollywood Casino York.
In addition to the US, PointsBet offers online gambling in Australia, Ireland and Ontario, Canada. PointsBet launched its sportsbook in Pennsylvania in February 2022, and the integrated casino debuted in April.
The PGCB oversees gambling in Pennsylvania. To request assistance or file a complaint, visit the PGCB website within 30 days and fill out a form.
History of PointsBet Casino
PointsBet Sportsbook initially launched in Australia in 2014. It first became available in the US in New Jersey in January 2019. The company is now one of the fastest growing online sportsbooks in the US, with operations in 10 states.
PointsBet has managed to set itself apart from the competition in part because the company not only owns its own bookmaking software, but also because it designs and maintains its own online sports betting and casino platforms.
PointsBet is the only US sportsbook to offer PointsBetting, an innovative betting formula that adjusts your wins and losses based on how correct or incorrect your wagers were.
PointsBet Casino PA FAQ
Yes. PointsBet has been operating safely and legally in the United States since 2019, and in Pennsylvania it is under the regulatory authority of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Yes, PointsBet accepts minimum deposit amounts of $5.
Yes, PayPal is one of the banking methods you can use at PointsBet. Other options are online banking, ACH e-check, PayNearMe, and credit and debit cards.
Yes. PointsBet Sportsbook is integrated with the company’s online casino in Pennsylvania.