Disclaimer: Mohegan Sun Casino is not online yet in Pennsylvania. This review is speculative based on its online casino in New Jersey and will be updated when Mohegan Sun launches in PA. Until then you can check out these casinos that are up and running:
With the land-based Mohegan Sun Casino Pocono already operational in Pennsylvania, Mohegan Sun could soon be bringing its online casino to the Keystone State, as well. Part of the online casino should be welcome bonuses worth up to $1,050.
Although it will take time to catch up to its sister site in New Jersey, eventually both sites could offer similar game collections, including slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more.
New players will qualify for Mohegan Sun’s two-part welcome bonus, as well: $20 for joining plus a matching bonus of up to $1,000 on your first deposit. Read on as we review the welcome offer, other casino promotions, the Stellar Rewards loyalty program, the casino app, available games and more.
Reasons to join Mohegan Sun Casino in Pennsylvania
- Welcome bonus of a 100% deposit match up to $1,000.
- No deposit bonus of $20 when you create an account.
- Quality app for iOS and Android.
- Potential library of hundreds of slots and table games.
Mohegan Sun Casino Pennsylvania sign-up bonus
To claim Mohegan Sun’s bonuses for new players, create an account and enter the bonus code MAXBONUS during registration. The online casino will credit the $20 in bonus funds to your account within 48 hours, just as soon as it has verified your details.
To qualify for the second half of the bonus, make a deposit within 30 days, and Mohegan Sun will match it at a rate of 100% up to $1,000. Here are the steps to take:
- Sign up and log in to your new Mohegan Sun account.
- Click the “My Account” button in the top corner of the screen.
- Click “My Bonuses” under the drop-down menu.
- Under “Available Bonuses,” select “First Time Deposit Bonus.”
- Click the green “Deposit” button, then follow the on-screen prompts to make your first deposit.
- Once your deposit clears, you’ll receive the matching bonus.
Mohegan Sun Casino PA bonus code 2021
|Online Casino||Mohegan Sun Casino Pennsylvania|
|No Deposit Bonus||$20|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
Mohegan Sun welcome offer details
It’s always a good idea to check out every casinos bonus offer’s full terms and conditions for yourself before you sign up, but we’ve listed the main points below.
$20 no deposit bonus
The online casino will need to verify your identity before you’ll see the bonus funds in your balance. Mohegan Sun is typically able to complete the process within 48 hours.
Once your bonus funds appear in your balance, you’ll need to meet the playthrough requirement within seven days before you can withdraw any winnings. Slot play has a 5x playthrough requirement, while video poker, roulette, blackjack and baccarat are all at 25x.
As an example, if you use your bonus to play slots, you’d need to wager a total of $100 ($20 x 5), and if you play table games, you’d need to wager $500 to unlock the bonus funds for withdrawal.
First deposit matching bonus
Once you opt in to the deposit bonus via the Account menu, go ahead and make a deposit. You can add as much as you like, but Mohegan Sun will only match your funds up to $1,000.
You can use the bonus funds on any game you like, but note that slots carry a 30x playthrough requirement and table games are at 150x. Once you meet the wagering requirement, any winnings will automatically convert to unrestricted, withdrawable cash. Note that cash is always wagered before bonus dollars.
How to sign up at Mohegan Sun in Pennsylvania
Registering for a new Mohegan Sun Casino account is simple. Just head to the casino website and select the green “Join Now” button in the top right corner.
Enter your email address and a password of your choice to create your new login credentials. Next, enter your first and last name, gender and date of birth. Click “Next” to move on, then enter your home address (can’t be a post office box), phone number and the bonus code. Read over the four legal statements and click to say that you agree with them. Click the “Register” button.
Finally, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and click “Continue.” Mohegan Sun Casino will verify your information, typically within 48 hours, before adding $20 in bonus funds to your balance.
Stellar Rewards loyalty program
New players will automatically join Stellar Rewards — Mohegan Sun’s player rewards program — when they place their first real money wager.
Every dollar you bet will earn points that you can redeem for cash and perks, and that help you climb the program’s five levels. The higher your level, the more cash you’ll receive when you trade your points in.
You can find all the details under the “Stellar Rewards” section under your account menu. Click the “Redeem” button to trade in your points for cash.
The number of points you get depends on the game you play and is always the same no matter what tier you’re in. You’ll earn one Stellar Point for every $1 you bet on slots, $2 on roulette and $4 on all other table games. Here are the number of points you need to redeem for $1 in cash, depending on your level:
|Rewards Level||Redeem for $1|
You can also exchange points for gifts, access to concerts and sporting events, limo rides, expedited withdrawals, VIP promotions, and comps for hotel and dining at Mohegan Sun properties in Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Jersey.
Mohegan Sun Casino offers a number of regular promotions in addition to its welcome bonus. While you’ll find public offers under the promotion header, the casino may also email personalized offers to you directly. Personalized offers will also appear under the “My Bonus” tab in your account.
At the time of this review, Mohegan Sun offered a Wednesday promotion, “For No Rhyme or Reason,” that included free spins, extra spins and the chance to collect 3x rewards points on select games. Other recent promotions have included the following:
- High 5 Rapid Rewards: Wager at least $0.50 per spin on select High 5 Gaming slots during the week for a chance to win a prize pool of up to $1,000 in cash.
- $3,000,000 Daily Spin: Get a free spin every day for a chance to win up to $3 million during the promotion. Plus, 10 randomly chosen players will win $50 each, and 100 others will win $10 each.
Mohegan Sun Casino app review
The Mohegan Sun app is available for Android and iOS devices and is as attractive to look at as it is simple to navigate. Powered by NYX Digital Gaming, the platform is smooth, fast and unlikely to experience many snags.
You’ll find account details, banking, bonuses, the responsible gambling section and anything else you need under the account menu.
To download the app, head to the casino site, scroll down and select either “Download on the App Store” or “Download for Android.” Follow any additional prompts from there to complete the installation on your device.
Best features of the Mohegan Sun Casino app
Here are the main strong points that stood out about Mohegan Sun’s online casino during our review:
- Excellent promotions: Mohegan Sun starts strong with its two-part welcome bonus. Plus, regular promos are plentiful, and the Stellar Rewards program gives you even more benefits.
- Top notch game library: It will take a while for Mohegan Sun Casino PA to catch up to its New Jersey counterpart, but when it does, players will have access to hundreds of titles, including slots, live dealer games and table games.
- Outstanding app: Mohegan Sun’s online casino is powered by the award-winning NYX Digital Gaming platform. It offers a secure, sturdy and robust app for Apple and Android devices.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono: You can redeem Stellar Points for perks at the land-based Mohegan Sun Pocono resort, one of the largest entertainment, gambling, shopping and dining destinations in Pennsylvania.
Mohegan Sun PA casino games
Judging by how quickly other online casinos have added games in the Keystone State, it shouldn’t take long for Mohegan Sun PA to catch up to the New Jersey site’s collection of titles. Mohegan Sun NJ offers 800-plus slots and 100-plus table games, including live dealer options, from software developers like Evolution Gaming, IGT, SG Digital, High 5 Games, Reel Play, Everi, Incredible Technologies and WMS.
Mohegan Sun’s library includes progressive and fixed jackpot slots, nearly 20 Megaways games, close to 40 Slingo titles, scratch-off games, virtual sports and more. Progressive titles include Cleopatra, Siberian Storm, Divine Fortune and Mercy of the Gods, as well as exclusive titles such as Reel Play Gaming’s Zodiac Infinity Reels and SG Digital’s Jersey Devil Slot.
Here are some other real money slot titles that stood out during our review:
- Buster Hammer Carnival: Reel Play presents all the fun of a state fair in 3D animation. This five-by-five reel game offers 3,125 ways to win in the base game, and strongman Buster stands by to hammer the striker and boost your winnings with a range of multipliers whenever the Wild Hammer symbol appears. The carnival big top rises to make room for expanding reels in the free spins bonus game, offering 32,768 ways to win.
- Holy Diver: Big Time Gaming has created a great six-reel title with 117,649 ways to win in the base game and 586,789 ways to win in the bonus game. There are lots of kicks, too, including an armored knight that travels a path below the grid. Along the way, he opens treasure chests to release stacked and random wilds, multipliers up to 343x and gems that either trigger the free spin bonus game or help you advance to the next level for greater rewards.
- Super Lantern 8 Quick Spin: From Ainsworth Game Technology, this five-by-three reel game has 40 paylines and the potential to win 2,000x your original stake. Watch for the wheel symbol, which can trigger spins on the bonus game for some massive payouts.
- Pyramidion: This simple five-by-three reel game with 20 paylines from IGT offers bonus games galore, including Sunbeam Wilds, Waterfall Stacks, Obelisk Wilds and Mighty Reels. Two or more pyramid symbols trigger one of the four free spin games. Wagers run from $0.01 to $200 a spin.
- Pop: This fun balloon-themed game from Big Time Gaming features a four-by-four grid with 256 ways to win. Set against a seaside carnival, symbols and balloons share space on the grid. While symbols behave as usual during spins, animated balloons will float into place. Balloons in winning combinations will pop and be replaced with new symbols. The process will repeat until no more winning combinations are formed. Rainbow balloons are wild, and may come with a multiplier. The base game has a potential payout up to 14,407x your original wager, while the free spins bonus game can potentially pay out up to 66,960x.
Also look for exclusive games from SG Digital and Reel Play.
Mohegan Sun’s table game options include a variety of blackjack, baccarat and roulette variants. Along with a couple of classic roulette games, you’ll find American, European and French games, as well as 100/1 Roulette, Blazing 7s Roulette and Wheely Wheely Big Win. And on top of classic blackjack games from NetEnt and IGT, you’ll also find the following:
- Player’s Suite
- Blackjack Xchange
- Vegas Blackjack
- Blazing 7s Blackjack
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs
- Atlantic City Multi-Hand
- Pro Monte Carlo Multi-Hand
Mohegan Sun Casino NJ offers dozens of video poker games, including IGT favorites Game King and Draw Poker, plus Ultimate X Poker and Regal Poker. Other titles include the following:
- Destiny Poker
- Deuces Wild
- Jester Poker Online
- Triple Play Draw Poker
Evolution Gaming has an existing partnership with Mohegan Sun and an operational live dealer studio in Pennsylvania. As a result, Mohegan Sun PA could offer live dealer games at launch or soon after. The following options are available in New Jersey:
- Blackjack Live (10 tables)
- Three Card Poker Live
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em Live
- Roulette Live
- Baccarat Live
- Dream Catcher
- Side Bet City
Most live casino games are available between 11 a.m. and 3 a.m., while others operate around the clock.
Mohegan Sun free and real money games
If you’re not sure whether you want to risk your own money on a particular game, Mohegan Sun has a solution. Most games (excluding live dealer) are available to play for free in demo mode.
Just click the game graphic you’re interested in trying and click “Demo Mode” to launch the game in free-play mode.
Mohegan Sun Casino online banking options
Mohegan Sun provides a number of secure banking options to move cash in and out of your account. Note that you’ll need to complete a simple verification process first.
The following options are available to deposit:
- Mastercard and Visa credit cards
- Mohegan Sun Play+ card
- VIP Preferred (ACH e-check)
- Cash at the casino cage (24/7)
For that last option, visit the cashier’s cage at Mohegan Sun Pocono, 1280 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
Mohegan Sun’s internal review process typically takes less than 72 hours. To make a withdrawal, choose one of the following banking methods:
- Mohegan Sun Play+ card (funds transfer immediately after review)
- PayPal (immediately; $100 minimum)
- Direct bank transfer (three to five business days)
- VIP Preferred (three to five business days)
- Cash at the cage (24/7; immediate)
To look for answers in Mohegan Sun’s detailed and well-organized FAQ, visit the “Help Center” via the account menu. Live chat and phone options are available between the hours of 8 a.m. and midnight seven days a week. To contact support directly via live chat, click the “Live Support” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Is Mohegan Sun legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Pennsylvania has offered legal, regulated online gambling since 2017, with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board acting as overseer. Mohegan Sun’s online casino is licensed in partnership with the land-based Mohegan Sun Pocono casino resort.
To play online casino games for real money in the Keystone State, you must be at least 21 years old and located within state lines. To register a concern, visit the PGCB website within 30 days and fill out the online form appropriate to your issue.
Mohegan Sun Pocono in Pennsylvania
Owned by the Mohegan Tribe, the Mohegan Sun Pocono casino resort is located on 400 acres off I-81 in northeast Pennsylvania in Wilkes-Barre, west of the Pocono Mountains.
Whether you’re looking for a quality slots experience, or prefer traditional casino table games and poker or live and simulcast racing in the racino, Mohegan Sun Pocono likely has what you’re seeking.
Covering 82,000 square feet, the casino floor features 2,300 slot machines, nearly 100 table games and a poker room with 18 tables. In addition to a four-star hotel and 10+ dining venues, Mohegan Sun also offers shopping, a spa, a swimming pool and a fitness center.
Mohegan Sun online casino FAQ
Do I need a bonus code to get the Mohegan Sun welcome bonus?
Yes. Enter the code MAXBONUS when prompted during the signup process.
Is there a Mohegan Sun app for my iPhone/iPad?
Yes. The Mohegan Sun Casino app is available for iOS and Android devices, and you can download it from the casino site.
Is it legal to bypass the geolocation?
No. Pennsylvania gambling law requires players to be located within state lines when wagering real money online. Geolocation software is built into the Mohegan Sun Casino app. Any attempt to bypass or disable it will mean you won’t be able to bet.
Is there a minimum deposit amount?
No. You don’t have to deposit a minimum amount. Mohegan Sun’s welcome bonus will match your first deposit up to $1,000.
Does Mohegan Sun Casino charge withdrawal fees?
No. Mohegan Sun won’t charge you a deposit or withdrawal fee, but some financial institutions might charge a transaction fee. Contact your bank for more information.