The Villanova Wildcats beat Winthrop 73-63 during the Round 1 of the NCAA Tournament on Friday. The Wildcats won for the first time without senior guard Colin Gillespie, who tore his MCL in their second to last game.
On Sunday night in Round 2 of the NCAA Tournament, No. 5 Villanova (17-6) faces No. 13 North Texas Mean Green (18-9) who upset No. 4 Purdue in overtime, 78-69.
Can Villanova advance without its senior leader? Online sports betting apps have Villanova as 6-point favorites with the total points line at 126.5.
Villanova Wildcats odds tracker
The loss of Gillespie, the tri-Big East player of the year, was a devastating blow to Villanova. His season-ending injury also had an immediate impact on Villanova’s NCAA Tournament odds.
|March 1 |
(Before Gillespie injury)
|March 4 |
(Start of NCAA Tourney)
(After Round One win)
(After Round 2 win)
|To Make Final Four||+200||+400||+900||+800||+400|
|Elite 8||Yes (+675)/No (-1115)|
|To Make Sweet 16||Yes (+130)/No (-165)|
North Texas vs. Villanova betting splits
Winthrop was one of the most popular Round 1 public sides. At BetMGM, Winthrop (+6.5) got 78% of the point spread handle. It’s a different story at the sportsbooks for Villanova’s Round 2 game.
North Texas vs. Villanova betting splits at FanDuel
- 58% of the money is on Villanova (-5.5)
- 83% of the money is on the OVER (127)
- 81% of the money is on Villanova ML
Betting stats for North Texas vs. Villanova
The point spread for North Texas vs. Villanova opened with the Wildcats favored by 6.5, dipped to as low as 5, and on Sunday afternoon is at Villanova (-6).
Betting stats and info from FanDuel:
- This is the first-ever meeting between North Texas and Villanova.
- North Texas is 5-0 ATS in its last five games.
- The total has hit the under in 10 of North Texas’ last 14 games.
- Villanova is 5-5 ATS in its last 10 games.
- Villanova is 6-4 straight up in its last 10 games.
Betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- Villanova has won 24 of its last 26 night games played at neutral venues
- The Wildcats have won the first half in eight of its last nine night games
- North Texas is on a five-game winning streak
- Avg points for: North Texas 70.1, Villanova 75.4
- Avg. points against: North Texas 61.5. Villanova 67
NCAA Tournament promos at PA sportsbooks
DraftKings March Madness promos
DraftKings Bet $4, Win $256: New users can get 64:1 odds and bet $4 to win $256 on underdogs for certain NCAA tourney games in the first and second round.
- Offer valid now until tipoff of the last second round game of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (March 20).
- Make a deposit of $5 or more into your sportsbook account. Following deposit, visit the landing page from the Sportsbook promos page and pick that team team you would like to boost. You can choose any lower seed/ranked team to beat a higher seed/ranked team in the available promotional games (e.g. a 10 seed to beat a 7 seed). You can’t change your boost once “boost this team” is clicked. If the boost does not appear, refresh the page or try opting in again.
- Following selection, you will be issued a single-use Odds Boost to use for your chosen team to win their match up.
- Boosted Price +6400. Max Bet $4.
March Mania 75+ point insurance: Get your bet back if your team loses but scores 75+ points.
- Available for all CBB Round 1 & 2 games on March 19 and 20.
- Opt-in and place a single pre-game moneyline bet on any Round 1 or 2 game.
- If your team loses, but scores 75+, DraftKings will refund the bet as a free bet up to $50.
Profit boost: Opt-in and get a 25% profit boost on any NCAA tournament game.
Parlay boost: Opt-in and get get a 20% parlay boost on any 4+ leg Round 2 parlay
Fox Bet March Madness promos
Fox Bet NCAA Tournament Offer: Get $10 free every day of the NCAA Tournament.
- Offer valid March 18 – April 4.
- Opt in within the ‘Challenges’ window before placing a $10+ wager (parlays are included) on a qualifying game each day on the NCAA Men’s Tournament (every they’ll drop qualifying games on promotions page). Offer valid only once per day.
- Qualifying wagers must be placed -200 minimum odds (-200 on each parlay leg).
- $10 free bet will be credited instantly and is only available for use on that same day (expires 11:59pm).
Fox Bet Villanova Bet Boosts
- North Texas Over 30.5 points in each half boosted from (+220) to +260
- Villanova to win by 10 or more and game total 130 or more boosted from (+450) to +500
- Villanova to win and each team to score 64.5 points boosted from (+450) to +500
BetMGM March Madness promos
BetMGM Risk-Free First Bet: Every new user will receive a risk-free first bet up to $600 during the tournament.
Buzzer beaters insurance: BetMGM is offering fans a lifeline through its new “Buzzer-Beater Insurance” that will refund up to $20 of a bet that loses due to a shot made in the final five seconds of the game.
Bet the Board: During the NCAA Tournament first round, users who place a minimum $10 bet will receive $160 in free bets to spread across every game that day ($10 per game). Customers who place a $20 bet on the second round will again receive $160 in free bets to be able to bet on every game on the board ($20 per game).