Now it’s time for the coaches. Featherweights Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega were the coaches on the UFC’s latest series of Ultimate Fighter, the reality show that follows MMA competitors as they compete for a six-figure contract.
But on Sept. 25, it will be their turn to enter the octagon. Volkanovski, the current featherweight champion, hasn’t lost a fight in eight years, racking up 19 straight victories.
And Ortega only has one loss himself, a doctor’s stoppage in a bout with Max Holloway in 2018.
So, the main event at UFC 266 on Saturday in Las Vegas should be a good one. But the entire 14-fight card is action-packed.
Pennsylvania sportsbooks have loaded up their offerings for the event. Let’s take a quick look at the odds to get you ready for the fights.
UFC 266 Volkanovski vs. Ortega
The fighters were supposed to meet at UFC 260 in March, but that fight was postponed due to COVID protocols. Beyond the moneyline, wagers are also available on method of victory, round props, time props and how the fight will ultimately end.
(Odds via DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Volkanovski (-170)/Ortega (+150)
- Over 4.5 (-140)/Under 4.5 (+110)
- Volkanovski to win by KO/TKO/DQ (+330)
- Ortega to win by KO/TKO/DQ (+700)
- Volkanovski to win by submission (+1300)
- Ortega to win by submission (+400)
- Volkanovski to win by decision (+120)
- Ortega to win by decision (+500)
- Draw (+5000)
UFC 266 fight card
In the Women’s Flyweight title match, victory machine Valentina Shevchenko (21-3) is a massive favorite (-1500) to continue her dominance.
In the welterweight division, Nick Diaz (-110) returns to the octagon for the first time in six years. And he faces Robbie Lawler, who he defeated via KO/TKO 17 years ago.
And in the heavyweight division, Curtis Blaydes (14-3; 10 KO/TKOs) and Jairzinho Rosemstruik (12-2, 11 KO/TKOs) bring tons of power into the octagon. Blades is -310.
Philly native Daukaus is favored in a heavyweight bout at UFC 266
Philadelphia police officer Chris Daukaus will also fight in one of the preliminary bouts. Daukaus, who grew up in Northeast Philadelphia, has a brother Kyle who is also a UFC fighter. Daukaus (-200) faces Shamil Abdurakhimov in his heavyweight bout.
The remaining fights, along with their odds at DraftKings are as follows:
- Jessica Andrade (-280) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (+225)
- Merab Dvalishvili (-235) vs. Marlon Moraes (+190)
- Dan Hooker (-170) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (+150)
- Shamil Abdurakhimov (+160) vs. Chris Daukaus (-190)
- Roxanne Modafferi (+280) vs. Talia Santos (-365)
- Manon Fiorot (-260) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (+210)
- Uros Medic (-115) vs. Jalin Turner (-105)
- Karl Roberson (-125) vs. Nick Maximov (+105)
- Matthew Semelsberger (-410) vs. Martin Sano (+310)
- Jonathan Pearce (+130) vs. Omar Morales (-150)
Where to watch UFC 266 in PA
The trailer for UFC 266 was released last month and is available here. The UFC is billing it as “Two title fights. And two legends return” (Diaz and Lawler). It’s also the event in which reality television drama will collide with pay-per-view action.
Sportsbooks showing UFC 266:
- Meadows Casino: The sportsbook will be showing all of the fights, including the early prelims, the prelims and the five main card bouts as well. Viewers will also have easy access to the sportsbook windows and kiosks for betting wagers.
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: Lounge chairs and tables are free and first come first served. Booths are also available and range from $200 – $300.
Lead photo of Alexander Volkanovski by John Locher/AP