Having lost one straight, the Temple Owls (3-5, 1-3 AAC) will face the East Carolina Pirates (4-4, 2-2 AAC). The Pirates are heavy favorites, expected to win by two touchdowns or more (currently -15). An over/under of 53.5 points has been established for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 5, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Greenville, North Carolina
- Stadium: Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
Owls Player Insights
- D’Wan Mathis has thrown for 1,186 yards (197.7 ypg) to lead Temple, completing 59.2% of his passes and collecting six touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 64 rushing yards (10.7 ypg) on 39 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Edward Saydee has carried the ball 61 times for a team-high 236 yards (29.5 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 13 catches for 125 yards (15.6 per game).
- This season Tayvon Ruley has racked up 33 carries for 175 yards (21.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jose Barbon’s 370 receiving yards (46.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 28 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Randle Jones has reeled in 22 passes for 366 yards (73.2 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s 15 catches have yielded 215 yards (30.7 ypg) and one touchdown.
Owls Team Stats
- The Pirates have allowed their opponents to score 26.6 points per game, 6.5 more than the 20.1 the Owls are scoring per contest.
- Temple is 3-0 overall when scoring over 26.6 points this year.
- This year, the Pirates put up 7.0 fewer points per game (28.8) than the Owls give up (35.8).
- This season Temple has a 2-1 record in games when it holds opponents to less than 28.8 points.
- The Owls offense has averaged 320.4 yards per game this year, 104.4 yards less than the 424.8 allowed by the Pirates defense.
- The Owls are 109th in the FBS in third-down percentage (34.3%), and will be up against the 16th-ranked Pirates third down defense (31.4%).
Owls Betting Insights
- Temple has covered the spread two times in seven games with a set spread.
- The Owls have not covered a spread when playing as at least 15-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving Temple have hit the over four times out of seven chances this year.
- Temple has covered once in four games with a spread this year in conference action.
- The Owls have not covered the spread when an underdog by 15 points or more this season (in one opportunity) in AAC action.
- In their most recent outing, the Owls took on the UCF Knights and lost by a final score of 49-7, failing to cover the spread as 12-point underdogs.
- The teams combined to score 56 points, hitting the over on a over/under of 52 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from