The No. 5 Cincinnati Bearcats (4-0, 0-0 AAC) will be aiming to continue a four-game winning run against the Temple Owls (3-2, 1-0 AAC). The Bearcats are heavy favorites, expected to win by two touchdowns or more (currently -30). The predicted point total for the matchup is 55.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 8, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Friday, October 8, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Nippert Stadium
Owls Player Insights
- D’Wan Mathis has thrown for 762 yards (254 ypg) to lead Temple, completing 61.3% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 54 rushing yards (18 ypg) on 16 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Edward Saydee’s team-high 165 rushing yards (33 per game) have come on 43 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Tayvon Ruley has rushed for 149 yards (29.8 per game) on 26 carries with one touchdown.
- Jose Barbon’s 280 receiving yards (56 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 21 receptions and one touchdown.
- Randle Jones has totaled 240 receiving yards (80 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 14 passes this year.
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s nine grabs have netted him 173 yards (43.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Owls Team Stats
- The Owls have averaged 12.9 more points scored this year (27.4) than the Bearcats have allowed (14.5).
- In games where Temple scores more than 14.5 points this season, it has put together a record of 3-0.
- The Bearcats rack up 8.1 more points per game (38.3) than the Owls allow (30.2).
- When Temple surrenders less than 38.3 points, it has a 3-1 record.
- The Bearcats have given up 309.3 yards per game, 53.5 yards fewer than the Owls have generated (362.8).
- The Bearcats have the seventh-ranked scoring defense (14.5 points per game). The Owls’ 80th-ranked scoring offense averages 27.4 points per game.
Owls Betting Insights
- Temple has covered the spread two times in four games with a set spread.
- Temple’s games have gone over the total twice out of four chances this year.
- In their most recent outing against the Memphis Tigers, the Owls picked up the win by a final score of 34-31, covering the spread as 11-point underdogs.
- The teams faced a total of 59 and went over.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from