The Pittsburgh Steelers are soaring after a 38-7 win over rival Cleveland Browns. The undefeated Steelers are 5-0 for the first time since 1978. That was the year the Black and Yellow finished 14-2 and beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII.
Some might think that the main event in Nashville is the last (ever? who knows in the year 2020) presidential debate on Thursday. NFL bettors know the real action happens a few days later, on Sunday. The Steelers will face off with the one other unbeaten AFC team when they visit the Tennessee Titans. This game was originally scheduled for Week Four, but a Titans COVID-19 outbreak moved it to Week Seven.
The Steelers opened as 1.5-point favorites at PA online sportsbooks, but the line has flipped. The Steelers are now 1.5-point underdogs against the Titans, with the over/under set at 51.5.
Public leaning toward the Steelers
Sunday morning betting splits from FanDuel for Steelers vs. Titans:
- 77% of the money is on the Steelers (+1.5) to cover the spread.
- 77% of the money is on the Steelers (+100) on the moneyline.
- 72% of the money is on the over (50.5).
Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook as of Tuesday, Oct. 20, followed by the latest Steelers game odds.
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-2 (-109)||-129||O 51.5 (-110)|
|Tennessee Titans||+2 (-112)||+106||U 51.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans betting preview
The anticipated early-season divisional matchup against the Browns turned out lopsided. The Steelers led 24-7 at halftime, and their defense stifled the Browns and Baker Mayfield, who threw two interceptions. James Conner rushed for 101 yards and one touchdown.
Chase Claypool and Benny Snell chipped in with rushing TDs. The Steelers staunch D held the Browns to 220 total yards. However, they lost linebacker/defensive play caller Devin Bush for the year with a torn ACL.
Here’s a look at how the Steelers defense ranks after five games:
- Second: Yards allowed per game (285.2)
- First: Sacks (24)
- Second: Interceptions (8)
The Titans pulled out a 42-36 overtime win over the Houston Texans last week. They racked up 601 total yards of offense, powered by Derrick Henry (212 YDS, 2 TDs) and Ryan Tannehill (364 YDS, 2 TDs). The Steelers defense will face a formidable Titans offense that ranks second in total yards per game (422) and points per game (32.8).
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Titans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 10 games after coming off overtime.
- Thirteen of the Titans’ last 14 day games have gone over the total points line.
- The Steelers have won 12 of their last 14 against AFC South opponents.
- The Steelers are 4-1 ATS; the Titans are 2-3 ATS.
- Three of the Steelers’ last five games have hit the over.
- Four of the Titans’ last five games have hit the over.
Week 7 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500.
- Seven profit boosts and seven parlay boosts: Following opt-in, users will be issued seven 20% parlay boosts and seven 10% profit boosts for NFL Week Seven.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same-game parlay on any Week Five game, and if you don’t win, get a refund of up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
Week 7 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans bet boosts
- Steelers, Packers and Saints all to win boosted from (+319) to +485
(Max bet $50)
- Steelers to cover (+1.5) vs. Titans boosted from (-110) to +110
- Steelers +7.5, Bills -5.5, Cardinals +9.5 boosted from (+156) to +200
- Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Tannehill both to have two+ passing TDs boosted from (+120) to +150
- Derrick Henry to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from +300 to +350
- Chase Claypool to score a TD and Steelers to win boosted from (+300) to +400
- Final score: Steelers 27, Titans 23 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Steelers, Saints and Cowboys all to win (yes) +456
- Derrick Henry to score a TD in the first quarter and over 99.5 total rushing yards (yes) +300
- Chase Claypool, George Kittle and Travis Kelce each to score a TD (yes) +1380
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Complete Week 7 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic