The Pittsburgh Steelers have beaten all their opponents on their field and even overcame a COVID-19 scare that put four players, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, on the reserve/COVID-19 list leading up to their Week 10 game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Disruptions and a lack of practice didn’t matter for the Steelers, who easily defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 36-10. Playing like a man who won’t just settle for the Comeback Player of the Year Award, Roethlisberger threw for a season-high 333 yards and four touchdowns.
The 9-0 Steelers are off to the best start in franchise history and are +600 to win the Super Bowl, second to the Kansas City Chiefs, at PA sports betting apps.
For Week 11, the Steelers visit the 1-8 Jacksonville Jaguars. The Steelers opened as 10-point favorites. By Friday, the Steelers moved to a 10.5-point favorite at most sportsbooks apps in Pennsylvania. It’s the largest spread of any Week 11 game. The over/under is 46.5.
Steelers studs against the spread
The Steelers and Miami Dolphins are an NFL-best 7-2 ATS. However, Pittsburgh is 1-10 ATS as a double-digit road favorite under coach Mike Tomlin.
Betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Steelers vs. Jaguars as of Sunday:
- 68% of the money is on the Steelers (-10.5) to cover the spread.
- 91% of the money is on the Steelers (-500) on the moneyline.
- 55% of the money is on the under (46.5).
At BetRivers PA app, bettors are backing the Steelers -435 ML with more early money (97% of the ML handle) than any other Sunday Week 11 game to beat the Jaguars (+360). At +10, the Jaguars were getting 42% of the spread handle. Over the past 15 years, double-digit home underdogs are 46-30-2 ATS.
Will the Steelers go undefeated?
The Steelers are the first team to go 9-0 since the 2015 Super Bowl runners-up Carolina Panthers. Their offense is rolling. The Steelers became just the 12th team in NFL history to score at least 24 points in each of their first nine games.
Here is the latest breakdown on the “Any team to go 16-0” market at DraftKings: Yes (+800)/No (-1430)
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars odds
Here are the odds at FanDuel Sportsbook as of Wednesday, followed by the latest Steelers odds.
|Week 11 Odds||Spread||Moneyline||Over/Under|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-10 (-110)||-450||O 46.5 (-110)|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||+10 (-110)||+350||U 46.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jaguars betting preview
Rookie receiver Chase Claypool hauled in two of Roethlisberger’s touchdown passes. Diontae Johnson and JuJu Smith-Schuster caught the other two. The Steelers’ potent aerial attack made up for their anemic running game (44 total yards).
Bengals rookie quarterback Joe Burrow experienced a rude welcome during his first game against the Steelers (four sacks, nine hits and four batted passes.) The Steelers are on an 11-game winning streak against the Bengals.
Against the Jaguars, the Steelers face another rookie quarterback without the fanfare. Sixth-round pick Jake Luton will be starting again in place of Gardner Minshew. Last week, the Jags were two-touchdown underdogs against the Green Bay Packers. They managed to keep it close at Lambeau Field before losing 24-20.
Steelers vs. Jaguars betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 7-2 ATS; the Jaguars are 4-5.
- Five of the Steelers’ nine games have gone over; same for the Jags.
- Eight of the Steelers’ last nine games as road favorites have gone under the total points line.
- The Jags have covered the spread in nine of their last 11 games against AFC North opponents.
- The Steelers’ D surrenders 19.3 ppg, the third least in the league. On the other end, the Jags’ D gives up the second most (30.1 ppg).
Week 11 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Parlay Boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a four+ leg parlay for any NFL games this weekend.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
Steelers vs. Jaguars Week 11 bet boosts
- Ben Roethlisberger to record two+ passing TDs and Steelers -10.5 (yes) +150
- Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens all to win boosted from (+119) to +155
- Steelers to cover (-9.5) boosted from (-115) to +100 (max bet $50)
- Steelers (-3.5), Bengals (+8.5) and Chiefs (-1.5) boosted from (+133) to +180
- Ben Roethlisberger three or more passing TDs and Steelers win boosted from (+175) to +200
- Ben Roethlisberger to have a passer rating of 140 or higher boosted from (+300) to +400
- James Conner and James Robinson to combine for 200 or more rushing yards boosted from (+300) to +400
- Chase Claypool to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from (+600) to +700
- Final Score: Steelers 27, Jaguars 20 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
Complete Week 11 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Justin Berl