The Pittsburgh Steelers rebounded from an ugly performance in Buffalo to upset Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 20-18, in Week 6.
The Steelers covered the spread and won outright as a 10-point underdog, the largest spread they’ve faced at home in team history. Under bettors easily cashed the total of 46.5.
The Steelers played as frontrunners just about the entire game, and stopped a Buccaneers two-point conversion late in the fourth quarter to seal the win. Mitch Trubisky entered the game in relief of Kenny Pickett, who left the game due to a concussion, and finished 9-for-12 for 144 yards and a touchdown. Pickett’s status for this Sunday’s game is unknown.
The Steelers travel to face the Miami Dolphins on Sunday Night Football. Opening NFL Week 7 betting lines have the Steelers as 7-point underdogs with the return of Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. The total set at 44.5.
Steelers vs. Dolphins spread at PA sportsbooks
Get updated Steelers odds here.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Miami Dolphins Week 7 betting insights
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Miami Dolphins Week 7 betting preview (courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook):
- Steelers 2-4 ATS; Dolphins 3-3 ATS
- Steelers 2-4 O/U; Dolphins 2-4 O/U
- Steelers 16.17 avg. points for; Dolphins 21.83 avg. points for
- Steelers 24.33 avg. points against; Bills 25.83 avg. points against
- The Dolphins have won eight of their last nine at home
- The Steelers have failed to cover the spread in four of their last five games
- Four of the Steelers’ last five games as an underdog have gone under the total points
Pittsburgh Steelers Week 7 player props, quarterbacks update
PA online sportsbooks released props for certain Steelers and Dolphins players. Check back closer to game time for the full list of player props.
Kenny Pickett has returned to a full practice all week since suffering a concussion last Sunday.
Tua Tagovailoa was not on the Dolphins’ injury report and appears ready to start Sunday, but his props have not been released.
(Odds from DraftKings)
Kenny Pickett props
- Passing yards: Over 223.5 (-115) / Under 223.5 (-115)
- Passing TDs: Over 1.5 (+145) / Under 1.5 (-200)
- Anytime TD: +500
Najee Harris props
- Rushing yards: Over 45.5 (-110) / Under 45.5 (-120)
- Receiving yards: Over 14.5 (-110) / Under 14.5 (-120)
- Rushing + receiving: Over 63.5 (-110) / Under 63.5 (-120)
- Anytime TD: +145
Pat Freiermuth props
- Receiving yards: Over 35.5 (-115) / Under 35.5 (-115)
- Anytime TD: +285
Tyreek Hill props
- Receiving yards: Over 78.5 (-145) / Under 78.5 (+110)
- Anytime TD: -105
Jaylen Waddle props
- Receiving yards: Over 58.5 (-115) / Under 58.5 (-115)
- Anytime TD: +110
Raheem Mostert props
- Rushing yards: Over 63.5 (-115) / Under 63.5 (-115)
- Anytime TD: +100
Pittsburgh Steelers Week 7 betting insight
When the Steelers got embarrassed by the Bills in Week 6, bettors had enough betting on the Steelers.
In the Steelers’ Week 6 win over Tampa Bay, Max Schmerin, Sportsbook Manager at Rivers Casino Pittsburgh, said the Bucs had a lot of action, even from Steelers fans.
“A lot of our Steelers fans bet the Buccaneers, so they were not happy to see the Steelers win,” Schmerin said. “Even though your hometown team is winning, you get that feeling ‘Oh man, I bet the other side, I can’t even root for my own team.’ For most of the bettors, they were a little disappointed.”
With last Sunday’s surprise win against Brady and the Bucs, the Steelers are only one game out of first place of the AFC North, trailing the 3-3 Ravens and Bengals. It’s going to take more convincing for Steelers fans to hop on the bandwagon.
“I think if the Steelers go in and beat the Dolphins and get a healthy TJ Watt back and see some consistent quarterback play, that would change it around,” Schmerin said.
Schmerin said more people are backing the Steelers this week with 54% of the money and 83% of the tickets on the 7-point underdog spread at Miami on Sunday night.