Things are no longer joyful and triumphant for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
After starting the season 11-0, the Steelers suffered back-to-back losses. On Sunday Night Football, the Buffalo Bills and quarterback Josh Allen turned in a prime time performance en route to a 26-15 win. Allen threw for 283 yards and two touchdowns and safety Taron Johnson returned a Ben Roethlisberger interception for a touchdown.
Two losses have sent the Steelers’ Super Bowl odds from +550 to +1300 and AFC Championship odds from +270 to +600.
For Week 15, the Steelers opened as 12.5-point favorites against the Cincinnati Bengals at Pennsylvania sports betting apps with the total points line at 40.5. By Monday, the Steelers were 14.5-point favorites.
The Steelers are on an 11-game winning streak against the Bengals dating back to 2015.
Betting splits for Steelers vs. Bengals
Pittsburgh has not covered the spread in three straight games. The Bengals are 1-4 ATS in their last five.
Monday betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Steelers vs. Bengals:
- 74% of the money is on the Steelers (-14.5) to cover the spread
- 91% of the money is on the Steelers (-1000) moneyline
- 69% of the money is on the OVER (40.5)
At BetRivers as of Monday:
- 88% of the money is on Steelers (-15) to cover the spread
- 94% of the money is on the Steelers (-1000) on the moneyline
- 54% of the money is on the OVER (40.5)
Bettors were on to the Bills
The Bills easily covered the 2-point spread.
Betting splits from FanDuel for Steelers vs. Bills:
- 67% of the money was on the Bills (-2.5) to cover the spread
- 57% of the money was on the Steelers moneyline (+118)
- 77% of the money was on the OVER (48.5)
At BetRivers, the public was split on the game:
- 52% of the money was on the Bills (-2) to cover the spread
- 54% of the money was on the Bills (-125) moneyline
- 55% of the money was on the UNDER (48.5)
At William Hill online sportsbook, the Steelers originally were listed as 2.5-point road favorites. The line flipped and made the Bills -2.5. The 5-point swing was the biggest one for any NFL Week 14 game.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals odds
Here are the opening odds at FanDuel Sportsbook, followed by the latest Steelers game odds.
|New Orleans Saints||-12.5 (-110)||-700||O 40.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||+12.5 (-110)||+500||U 40.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
The Kansas City Chiefs (+180) remain the Super LV favorites. Before their two losses, the Steelers were the second favorite (+550) but since then, have seen four teams move ahead of them: the Green Bay Packers (+650), New Orleans Saints (+700), Los Angeles Rams (+1100), and Buffalo Bills (+1200). The Steelers are now +1300.
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals betting preview
The Steelers’ once-high flying offense has hit the skids. During their first six games, they averaged 30.5 points but in their last three contests, it sunk to 14.6 ppg. The offense has been overly reliant on Roethlisberger who has attempted 90 passes over the last two games.
In those two games, the Steelers have only run the ball 31 times. In another downward trend, the Steelers receivers have dropped at least 19 passes in the last three weeks.
On Monday, sources told Adam Schefter that Roethlisberger wants to return next season.
The Bengals have been in a tailspin since rookie quarterback Joe Burrow suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 11. Since then, the Bengals have been outscored 68-31 with Ryan Finley and Brandon Allen filing in under center. The Bengals are coming off a 30-7 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
Steelers vs. Bengals betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- The Steelers are 8-5 ATS; the Bengals are 7-6.
- Five of the Steelers’ 13 games have gone OVER. Cincinnati’s O/U record is 6-7.
- The Steelers’ win probability is 84%.
- Cincinnati has covered the spread in four of their last five games at Paul Brown Stadium.
- The Steelers are on an 11-game winning streak against the Bengals.
- Each of the Steelers’ last eight night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Week 15 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Risk-free $500 bet for new users.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit, and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
Steelers vs. Bengals Week 15 bet boosts
- Ben Roethlisberger to record 3+ passing TDs boosted from (+150) to +200
- Steelers to win and over 55.5 points (+475)
- Steelers and Memphis both to win by 14+ points (+360)
(Max bet $50)
- Chase Claypool or Diontae Johnson to score the first touchdown boosted from (+350) to +450
- JuJu Smith Schuster to record 80+ receiving yards and Steelers to win boosted from (+250) to +300
- Steelers to win by 21+ points boosted from (+170) to +200
- Bengals to score under 9.5 total points boosted from (+140) to +160
- Chase Claypool to score the first TD boosted from (+750) to +820
- Ben Roethlisberger 250 or more passing yards and 2 or more passing TDs boosted from (-125) to +100
- Diontae Johnson and Tyler Boyd to combine for 150 or more receiving yards boosted from (+250) to +300
- Chase Claypool to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from (+700) to +800
- Ryan Finley 2 or more interceptions and Steelers to win every quarter boosted from (+900) to +1000
- JuJu Smith Schuster, Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool all to score a TD boosted from (+1300) to +1600
- Final score: Steelers 30, Bengals 17 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Ben Roethlisberger to record 275+ passing yards and 2+ passing TDs (yes) +130
- Diontae Johnson, Juju Smith-Schuster, Tyler Boyd each to record 55+ receiving yards (yes) +475
- James Conner and Giovanni Bernard each to score a TD (rushing/receiving/passing) (yes) +648
- Chase Claypool 75+ receiving yards and to score a TD (yes) +300
- Bengals +14.5 and under 40.5 total game points (yes) +195
- Over 2.5 QB interceptions in the game (yes) +275
Complete Week 15 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Matt Durisko