The Pittsburgh Steelers have tricked many prognosticators and treated their fans so far this season.
Who outside of the 412 area code thought the Steelers would be the last undefeated team standing?
The Steelers went to Nashville to face the AFC’s other unbeaten team and fought off a second-half comeback from the Tennessee Titans. A missed Stephen Gostkowski field goal sealed the Steelers’ 27-24 win. Online sportsbooks first listed the Steelers as 1.5-point favorites, but the line flipped by kickoff and they were underdogs.
The road doesn’t get any easier for the black and yellow. They visit the 5-1 Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in a game that has been moved from a 1 p.m. start to 4:25 p.m.
As of Sunday morning, most sportsbooks apps in PA had the Steelers as 4-point underdogs. The line on Friday was still 3.5 at most books, with the O/U at 46.5.
Public backing undefeated, underdog Steelers
Betting splits from DraftKings for Steelers vs. Ravens:
- 76% of the money is on the Steelers (+3.5) to cover the spread
- 83% of the money is on the Steelers (+175) on the moneyline
- 52% of the money is on the over (46.5)
Betting splits from FanDuel:
- 77% of the money is on the Steelers (+4) to cover the spread
- 90% of the money is on the Steelers (+160) on the moneyline
- 68% of the money is on the over (46.5)
At BetRivers, the Steelers (+3.5, +175 ML) are just the eighth team in the Super Bowl era with at least a 6-0 record to enter a game as an underdog of 3.5 or more points. The AFC North showdown is currently the bet-on game of Week Eight at BetRivers. The public is backing the Ravens to win (82% of ML handle) but the Steelers to cover (76% of spread handle). Over 46.5 points is the strongest side, backed by 89% of the O/U handle.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook followed by the latest Steelers game odds.
|Pittsburgh Steelers||+4 (-114)||+175||O 46.5 (-110)|
|Tennessee Titans||-4 (-107)||-200||U 46.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers futures markets
The Steelers opened the NFL season with +2500 odds to win the Super Bowl and +1300 to claim the AFC Championship. Bookmakers loved the Ravens (+650) and gave them the second-best odds after the Kansas City Chiefs to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
The Steelers’ undefeated start gives them the fourth-best odds to win the Super Bowl (+950) and the third-best odds for the AFC Championship (+470). The Ravens have better odds for the Super Bowl (+550), AFC Championship (+310) and AFC North (-125). It will be interesting to see if a Steelers win changes any of that, and by how much.
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens betting preview
The Steelers led 24-7 at halftime, but the Titans mounted a comeback that fell just short as Gostkowski missed a 46-yard field goal at the end of the game. Ben Roethlisberger has his first multiple-interception game of the season, tossing three picks. He connected with Diontae Johnson for two TDs.
The Chiefs dealt Baltimore their lone loss. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has returned from the otherworldly level he was performing at last year. Still, the Steelers defense will be focusing on the reigning MVP. The Ravens have allowed 15 sacks, and the Steelers lead the league in sacks with 26.
The return of Roethlisberger from a season-ending injury has reinvigorated an offense that averages 358 YPG and 30.5 ppg.
The Ravens’ defense allows the lowest ppg (17.3), and the Steelers’ D surrenders 19.7.
Here’s a look at how the Steelers defense ranks after six games:
- First: Yards allowed per game (286.3)
- First: Sacks (26)
- Tied for fifth: Interceptions (8)
The Ravens are coming off a bye. During Week Six, they were up 30-14 with 7:12 minutes left in the game against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles rallied but were stymied on a two-point conversion, which would have tied the game, confirming the Ravens’ 30-28 win.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 5-1 ATS; the Ravens are 3-2-1 ATS.
- The best AFC teams ATS are the Steelers (5-1) and the Los Angeles Chargers (5-1).
- Of the Steelers’ six games, three have hit the over. Two of the Ravens’ six games have gone over.
- The spread opened with the Ravens as 5.5-point favorites. The O/U opened at 49 points.
- In 2019, the Steelers lost both games against the Ravens. Without Roethlisberger, Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges were under center.
Week 8 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500.
- Parlay boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a two+ leg parlay for any NFL game during Week Eight.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same-game parlay on any Week Eight game, and if you don’t win, get a refund of up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens: For new customers only, a $1 bet pays $100 (in free bets) if the Steelers score.
Steelers vs. Ravens Week 8 Bet Boosts
- Steelers vs. Ravens first to score boost: Get either the Steelers or Ravens at +150 odds to score first (max bet $25)
- Sack-O-Lantern: TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack each to record one or more sacks boosted to +570
(Max bet $50)
- Steelers to cover (+3.5) boosted from (-104) to +110
- Steelers (+9.5), Raiders (+8.5) Packers (+0.5) boosted from (+164) to +230
- Lamar Jackson to score a rushing touchdown and Ravens to win boosted from (+242) to +300
- Steelers to score a TD in each half boosted from (-133) to +100
- Lamar Jackson and Ben Roethlisberger both to have a passer rating of 100 or higher boosted from (+150) to +200
- Roethlisberger and Lamar Jackson two or more passing TDs each boosted from (+300) to +350
- Roethlisberger or Jackson to have a perfect passer rating boosted from (+1100) to +1400
- Over 47.5 total points in Steelers vs. Ravens (yes) +106