“Return” should be the theme for the Pittsburgh Steelers as they start the 2020 NFL season.
The Steelers also hope to get a repeat performance from their defense which was one of the best in the league. The Steelers D was tied for least amount of yards-per-play (4.7) and tops in turnovers (38).
The biggest “return” the Steelers are seeking is a return to the playoffs. Their last appearance was in 2017. They’ll start the journey on Monday night when they visit the New York Giants. PA sportsbooks have the Steelers as 6-point favorites with the over/under set at 45.
Monday Night Football Week 1 NFL betting lines at PA sportsbooks
Here is a look at the current betting lines at DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetRivers (select PA in the dropdown).
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants betting preview
Information from DraftKings Sportsbook:
- The Steelers have won each of their last nine Monday games.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight home openers.
- The point spread opened at Giants +4 and it now Giants +6.
- The over/under opened at 47.5 and is 45.
- Eric Ebron has scored a touchdown in three of his four previous appearances at MetLife Stadium.
- Saquon Barkley has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Giant’s last three games.
Week 1 NFL promos at PA sportsbooks
DraftKings: New users can get 100-1 odds on any NFL team to win on Monday. This offer ends tonight and there are two Monday night games to choose from.
Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
Hail Mary Mondays: At Unibet Sportsbook for tonight’s Steelers game, when users place a $25 spread bet, win or lose, they will get a $5 bonus(s) for every touchdown scored.
Monday Night Money: At BetRivers, wager $50 on the spread of either Monday Night game and get a free bet equal to the score of the team you bet on.
Monday Night Football Bet Boosts
Steelers vs. Giants bet boosts at PA online sportsbooks:
DraftKings bet boosts:
- James Connor and Saquon Barkley each to score a TD boosted from (+250) to +275
- Steelers and Broncos both to win boosted from (+250) to +275
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score a touchdown and Steelers to win boosted from (+190) to +240
FanDuel bet boosts:
(Max bet $50)
- 47+ total points scored in Steelers vs. Giants boosted from (-105) to +115
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score a touchdown boosted from (+145) to +175
Fox Bet bet boosts:
- Ben Roethlisberger to throw 1 or more passing TDs boosted from (-1000) to +100
- JuJu Smith-Schuster and Evan Engram to combine for 120+ yards boosted from (-105) to +110
- Saquon Barkley or James Connor to score a TD in the 4th quarter boosted from (+220) to +270
- Final score: Giants 21, Steelers 28 boosted from (+8000) to +10,000
BetRivers House Specials:
- Each team (Steelers, Giants, Titans & Broncos) to record 2 or more touchdowns & 2 or more field goals (yes) +5100
- Eric Ebron to score the first Touchdown & Steelers to win (yes) +1500
- Saquon Barkley & James Conner to score over 2.5 combined rushing touchdowns (yes) +700
- Juju Smith-Schuster to record 75 or more receiving yards & 1 or more receiving touchdowns (yes) +315
- Ben Roethlisberger to record 275 or more passing yards & over 2.5 passing touchdowns (yes) +415
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar