The Pittsburgh Steelers bounced back in a big way from a 8-8 record in 2019. They started off their 2020 campaign a franchise-best 11-0 en route to a 12-4 record and the AFC North title. Bettors who backed the Steelers were happy, too.
The Steelers were one of the best teams against the spread, had preseason odds of +340 to win the AFC North, and exceeded their over/under win total (9). TJ Watt was +1300 to lead the league in sacks and that turned out to be a winning wager as he notched 15.
The Steelers host the Cleveland Browns in a Wild Card game on Sunday at 8:15 p.m. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID causing the line to move, putting Pittsburgh as 6-point favorites with the total points at 47.
Before the Steelers start the postseason, let’s look back at how they did for bettors during the regular season.
Steelers among best ATS
Top NFL teams ATS this season 💰
▪ Miami Dolphins (11-5)
▪ Buffalo Bills (11-5)
▪ Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
▪ Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
▪ Green Bay Packers (10-6) pic.twitter.com/y1iEdhXfQJ
— FanDuel Sportsbook (@FDSportsbook) January 5, 2021
Steelers 2020 regular season betting statistics
(Stats via DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Home record: 7-1
- Road record: 5-3
- Record as favorite: 9-2
- Record as underdog: 3-2
- ATS: 10-6
- O/U record: 8-7-1
- Avg. points for: 26
- Avg. points against: 19.5
Recap of NFL 2020 player futures betting
NFL 2020 player awards futures betting
(Preseason odds via DraftKings in September)
NFL MVP odds – The favorites:
- Patrick Mahomes: +400
- Lamar Jackson: +700
- Russell Wilson: +800
Pittsburgh Steelers NFL MVP Futures:
- Ben Roethlisberger: +4000
- T.J. Watt: +15000
- James Conner: +20000
Current favorites for NFL MVP:
- Aaron Rodgers: -2000
- Josh Allen: +900
- Patrick Mahomes: +1800
Steelers’ wide receiver Chase Claypool opened at +4000 for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Claypool had a good season but this award is going to either Justin Herbert or Justin Jefferson.
Hold that ticket
TJ Watt (+1400) made a strong case for Defensive Player of the Year, leading the Steelers defense and posting 15 sacks.
In nearly any other circumstance, the Comeback Player of the Year would have been Ben Roethlisberger (+350) who returned from missing most of last season due to an elbow injury. Instead, the amazing story of Washington’s quarterback Alex Smith, makes him likely choice.
Super Bowl LV MVP:
- Ben Roethlisberger: +4000
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: +15000
- James Conner: +17500
Recap of Pittsburgh Steelers individual player betting markets
(Odds via Unibet Sportsbook listed in September)
Ben Roethlisberger player specials:
- Total passing yards: Over/Under 3800.5 (2020 passing yards: 3803)
- Passing touchdowns total: Over/Under 25.5 (2020 passing touchdowns: 33)
- Total interceptions thrown: Over/Under 12 (2019 interceptions: 10)
James Conner player specials:
- Total rushing yards: Over/Under 775.5 (2020 rushing yards 721)
- Total rushing touchdowns: Over/Under 6.5 (2020 rushing touchdowns: 6)
JuJu Smith-Schuster player specials:
- Total receiving yards: Over/Under 1100.5 (2020 receiving yards: 831)
- Total receiving touchdowns: Over/Under 6.5 (2019 receiving touchdowns: 9)
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar