New Sportsbooks in Pennsylvania
Many of the biggest national sportsbook brands are now available in Pennsylvania. You can bet at retail sportsbooks, via websites or via sports betting apps.
With many new online sportsbooks competing for your bets, there are plenty of bonuses and promotions to take advantage of. These include free bets, no-lose first bets and matched deposit bonuses. You’ll also find that downloading apps for iOS or Android phones opens brand-new ways to bet.
You’ll find everything you need to get the best from the new online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania below. This includes the benefits of betting online, what to look for in a great sportsbook app and an overview of the biggest and best sportsbook brands.
The newest sports betting app to launch in Pennsylvania is BetMGM, offering all new players a 100% match bonus up to $500.
Advantages of playing at a new online sportsbook in Pennsylvania
There are a number of benefits to using an online sportsbook:
- Convenience — While it can be an entertaining experience to visit a casino to bet on the sporting action, placing those bets online is far easier. You’ll have no worries about driving or fitting the trip into your busy schedule. Betting online is perfect when you’re sitting at home watching the game. You can even bet while at the stadium.
- New ways to bet — Betting apps allow for “in-play” betting. This lets you wager on matches that are already underway. The lines change based on the on-field action, using a feed from the game to instantly update the odds. This means you can be watching the game in a bar, or even at the stadium, and place new bets. Some new sportsbooks also offer a cash-out (early bet redemption) function.
- Easy-to-use apps — When using an app to bet on sports, you’ll enjoy the whole range of markets offered at the retail sportsbook. Betting apps are available for both iPhones and Android smartphones. On an app you’ll be able to place the full range of bets, including spreads, totals, moneyline bets, futures, parlays, teasers and more. Deposits, withdrawals and account management are all covered.
- Bonuses and promotions — When you first sign up to a new online sportsbook, you’ll be offered a welcome bonus. With so many new sportsbooks in Pennsylvania, there’s a lot of competition for your play. This competition translates into some big welcome bonuses, including some that don’t need a deposit. Many sportsbooks will offer matched deposit bonuses, while others will offer a risk-free bet to kick off your account. Check out the regular promotions and loyalty rewards, too.
- Easy deposits/withdrawals — You’ll find a range of deposit options available when you sign up at a new sportsbook in Pennsylvania. Credit and debit cards are widely accepted. If you prefer to keep your banking and betting separate, e-wallets such as PayPal can be ideal. You’ll also be able to fund your account in person via the casino cage at the license-holding PA casino.
Choosing a new online sportsbook in Pennsylvania
With so many big-name brands available in PA, choosing the best sportsbook can seem complex. The list below shows some of the key factors you can consider when comparing the new sportsbooks:
- Sports betting options — When you compare the sportsbooks, you’ll notice that some have a greater depth of sports coverage than others. Some will have a lot of depth on the pro leagues and major events. Others will have a wider coverage — with more sports, college and minor leagues, and international events covered. Check for how many props and specials are available for the major showcase events.
- Welcome bonuses — Check out how the welcome bonuses change from site to site. If you’re looking to place a big initial bet, then the large “risk-free first bet” option might be a good choice. Others might enjoy a matched deposit bonus, with the regular bonus cash enabling you to place a series of smaller bets. Check out the terms and conditions of any welcome bonus, to see the whole story of how you’ll clear it. There are big differences in the play-through requirements of these welcome offers.
- Sport-specific promotions — Sportsbooks will generally feature promotions based around specific sports. For example, you might find a book that offers a free bet if your moneyline bet on the NFL misses out by fewer than 6 points — or if a basketball team is leading at the end of the third quarter in the NBA and goes on to lose. If you’re a big parlay player, look out for those sites with offers around these. Parlay insurance and boosted odds for winning multi-leg parlays are both popular. A little research will show you which site has the promotions that work best for your mix of bets and sports.
- Odds and lines — It can be worth checking out your favorite markets across a number of different sportsbooks. For example, if you like to bet the point spread, the majority of sportsbooks will offer the same -110 odds on both sides of the market. However, occasionally you will find improved odds on some of these markets. Of course, there is nothing to stop you having more than one account. After all, one sportsbook might offer improved odds on one type of market, while another may be more generous on another market.
- Reputation — While many of the sportsbooks might be new in Pennsylvania, the majority of sportsbooks are well established elsewhere. There’s a lot of information about sportsbooks online; check out our detailed reviews — which cover multiple regulated states. If you’re choosing between a site that has a good long-standing reputation in the industry or a relatively new site, the former could be the way to go.
- Payment options — As detailed above, online sportsbooks will offer a range of deposit options. However, they can differ from site to site. If you have a strong preference as to how you fund your account, ensure that your chosen sportsbook covers this.
- Customer service team — One handy tip before signing up to a sportsbook is to check out the speed and reliability of the customer service team. Many sites will have a “live chat” window, so you could ask a straightforward question about signing up — if you gain a prompt answer, you’ll know that the team is reliable; if you wait 72 hours for an answer, maybe not so much.
Recommended new sports betting sites in Pennsylvania
Here’s a look at some of the new sports betting sites entering the Pennsylvania marketplace:
DraftKings Sportsbook PA
On signing up at DraftKings in Pennsylvania, new players will be offered a $1,000 bonus package. This comes in two parts. First there is a 20% deposit bonus with up to $500 in bonus funds available (if you deposit $2,500 or more). You can also enjoy a risk-free bet of up to $500 (based on the amount of your first bet). For every $25 wagered at DraftKings, $1 of bonus cash will be released.
At DraftKings you’ll find a focus on live betting action, with fast moving markets based on real time action. This site is also big on additional betting markets in the biggest sports leagues, with game parlays, team props, game props and alternate spreads and totals on many games. The depth of coverage is excellent, with both domestic and international sporting markets comprehensively featured.
DraftKings also offers a number of in-app betting statistics to help you choose your bets. You can see how teams have fared against the spread (ATS) in recent games, for example.
BetMGM Sportsbook PA
Sports bettors in Pennsylvania have yet another great option to consider. BetMGM PA has joined the party. If the name sounds familiar, that’s because BetMGM is a big player in online casinos. The company aims to do the same with sports betting, and it’s off to a fantastic start. The Keystone State is just its latest foray, and reviews from other locales have been promising.
The experience behind the scenes shows in this offering. BetMGM does a solid job with odds, and lines, and all of the sports you could want are available for betting. It’s easy to get around on the online and mobile platforms, and funding your account is a snap. To get started, click through on our exclusive links to create an account and you’ll get some extra goodies.
Fox Bet takes a slightly different approach to sports betting. The focus is on the stars/personalities of Fox Sports TV. All of the promotions are based around the “celebrities” such as “Colin Cowherd’s Blazing 5.” On signing up as a new customer, you’ll enjoy $20 in free bets and up to $100 in free cash when you make that first deposit. You will also be automatically enrolled into the Stars rewards program, where you’ll open up treasure chests with bonuses and extras.
Being aligned with Fox Sports, there is an obvious focus on those sports it features, with a wide array of betting options on the major leagues and college sports. “Cash out” and “custom bets” are an added extra if you’re the type of player who enjoys wagering with added variety.
FanDuel Sportsbook PA
FanDuel is a sportsbook that came on the back of successes with daily fantasy sports (DraftKings above took the same route). New customers who sign up at FanDuel will enjoy a risk-free bet of up to $500. Place a first bet, and if it loses, you’ll receive your funds back as a free bet. Parlay fans will enjoy the “insurance” promotion, where if one of five or more legs lets you down, you’ll receive up to $25 back.
Sports coverage is wide, with a focus on the big leagues. There are plenty of statistics available to assist you in making your selections, with added in-game parlays and stats-based wagers. For example, you can bet on three named basketball players to steal two or more times in a game. International sports fans will find a good range of markets available across many sports.
FanDuel also offers live streams of select NHL games in their app.
BetRivers Sportsbook PA
BetRivers is a dual sportsbook and casino that unusually has a welcome bonus that can be cleared at both. You’ll receive a 100% matched bonus of up to $250, with the added incentive that this bonus has a simple 1x play-through requirement (whether playing at the sportsbook or the casino). Earn points as part of the iRush Rewards loyalty program as you bet.
On entering the sportsbook, you’ll automatically be directed to the “Live Right Now” page, showing its focus on in-play betting. Live-streamed matches are an added extra at BetRivers. A wide range of sports fill the menu bar, with a long list of additional bet types on the major sporting action. Look out for jackpot parlays and your name on the scrolling winners list (if you achieve five or more wins in a row) for something a little different.
Unibet Sportsbook PA
New customers at Unibet Sportsbook in Pennsylvania can enjoy a double boost. First up, there’s a $20 no-deposit offer (which comes in the form of two $10 free bets). Next, there’s a risk-free bet of up to $250. Place your first wager after your initial deposit, and if it loses, you’ll receive the stake back as a free bet (up to a maximum of $250).
On entering the sportsbook you’ll be taken immediately to the “live” betting section. Here you’ll find a mix of the current events, the events starting soon — and the “trending” events all displayed. Immediate links to the major US leagues and the best of college sports feature under the “popular” menu, so it’s clear that’s where the focus is (with an incredible number of extended markets on each game). Click on the “all sports” selection, and there’s a good selection of international sports in addition.
SugarHouse in Pennsylvania features a $250 matched bonus, which similar to BetRivers features just a 1x play-through requirement and can be cleared at their casino too. As you play, you’ll earn iRush Rewards. Check out the “Daily Promos” to receive that betting edge.
Live betting is the focus of SugarHouse, with all of the in-play options prominent, followed by the upcoming events. Each of the games in the biggest sports features the point spread, totals and moneyline wagers as well as nearly 100 additional markets. If you’re successful with a run of bets or if you have a major win, you’ll make the newsfeed to the right-hand side of the screen. The long list of sports covered will ensure that international sports fans are well catered to.
With the introduction of new laws in Pennsylvania regarding sports betting, there has never been a better time for sports bettors in the state. Many new sports betting brands have entered the marketplace — competition between them means that there are a lot of bonuses and promotions to give your betting bankroll a boost.
Each of the new sites in Pennsylvania offers welcome bonuses, while loyalty schemes and promotions ensure that loyal customers are also rewarded. You can bet on all the big national and international sports — and try out new forms of betting including the popular “in-play” format.