A small tear wreaked major havoc on the Sixers’ playoff hopes. During the Sixers’ first round matchup against the Washington Wizards, Joel Embiid exited Game 4 after a hard fall.
He was diagnosed with a small, lateral meniscus tear in his right knee and is considered “day-to-day.” Embiid put up MVP-like numbers during the regular season and led the Sixers to the No. 1 seed in the East. Any hopes of the Sixers making a deep playoff run and the confidence of people betting on the Sixers depends on Embiid’s availability.
Still, without their big man through most of Game 4 and all of Game 5, the Sixers steamrolled the Wizards en route to a 4-1 series win.
The Sixers advanced to round two of the NBA Playoffs to face the Atlanta Hawks. Even with Embiid’s injured knee, Pennsylvania online sportsbooks still favored the Sixers to beat the Hawks and advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.
We’ll keep you updated on round two betting lines for Sixers here.
76ers updated playoff game odds
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia Sixers Round Two Schedule
Game 1 June 6
- Game 1 lines: Sixers (-4.5). Over/Under 220.5, Sixers (-205)
- Final score: Hawks 128, Sixers 124
- Winning bets: Hawks (+4.5), OVER, Hawks (+170)
Game 2 June 8
- Game 2 lines: Sixers (-6). Over/Under 224.5, Sixers (-250)
- Final score: Sixers 118, Hawks 102
- Winning bets: Sixers (-6), UNDER, Sixers (-250)
Game 3 June 11
- Game 3 lines: Sixers (-1.5), Over/Under 224.5), Sixers ML (-122)
- Final score: Sixers 127, Hawks 111
- Winning bets: Sixers (-1.5), OVER 224.5, Sixers ML (-122)
Game 4: June 14
- Game 4 lines: Sixers (-3), Over/Under 225.5, Sixers ML (-148)
- Final Score: Sixers 103, Hawks 100
- Winning bets: Hawks (+3), UNDER, Hawks ML (+123)
Game 5: June 16
- Game 5 lines: Sixers (-6.5), Over/Under 223.5, Sixers ML (-250)
- Final Score: 109, 106
- Winning bets: Hawks (+6.5), Under 223.5), Hawks ML (+225)
Game 6: June 18, 7:30 p.m.
Game 7: June 20, time TBD
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Atlanta Hawks Game 6 Betting Preview
Hawks vs. Sixers Game 6 betting information from DraftKings
- The Sixers 3-point favorites and have 58% win probability.
- Atlanta has won the fourth quarter in each of their last seven games as home underdogs.
- Atlanta has won 14 of their last 15 home games. Also, they have covered the spread in 7 of their last 8 home games against the 76ers.
- Hawks ATS: 47-35
- Sixers ATS: 43-37-2
Sixers vs. Hawks Game 6 bet boosts at PA sports betting apps
- Seth Curry to make 1+ three-pointer(s) in the 1st quarter boosted from (+100) to +120
- Playoff overtime insurance: If the team you bet to win a playoff game loses in OT, BetMGM will refund the wager up to $20 in free bets.
- Trae Young to record over 27.5 points and Hawks to win boosted from (+245) to +300
- Trae Young to record under 27.5 points and 76ers to win boosted from (+180) to +200
- Seth Curry and Trae Young to each make 3+ three-pointers in Game 6 boosted from (+155) to +200
- Joel Embiid over 1.5 dunks boosted from (+150) to +200
- Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris to combine for over 59.5 points boosted from (+137) to +200
- 76ers to win first and second quarter boosted from (+190) to +230
- Trae Young Over 2.5 made 3-point field goals and Atlanta Hawks to win boosted from (+250) to +300
- John Collins 2 or more dunks and 2 or more made 3-pointers from (+300) to +350
- Tobias Harris to record a double-double and 76ers to win boosted from (+425) to +500
- Trae Young and Joel Embiid each over 34.5 boosted from +750 to +900
- Hawks to win 4th quarter (yes) -117
Sixers vs. Hawks Game 6 betting insights from PA sportsbooks
Sixers vs. Hawks Game 6 betting splits at BetMGM
- 76% of the money is on the Sixers (-3)
- 71% of the money is on the OVER (221.5)
- 53% of the money is on the Hawks ML
Most-bet Game 6 player props at BetMGM
- Trae Young over 27.5 points
- Embiid to record a double-double
- Simmons over 7.5 rebounds
Sixers vs. Hawks Game 6 betting splits at BetRivers
- 62% of the money is on the Sixers (-3)
- 71% of the money is on the Sixers ML (-155)
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Playoff Series Betting Preview
Hawks vs. 76ers betting trends from FanDuel
- Atlanta is 18-20-1 against the spread (ATS) in 39 away games this season.
- The total has hit the under in 41 of Atlanta’s 77 games this season.
- Philadelphia is 24-14-1 ATS in 39 home games this season.
- The total has hit the under in 39 of Philadelphia’s 77 games this season.
- Philadelphia beat Atlanta in two of the three matchups this season.
Atlanta player stats (regular season):
- Trae Young averaged 25.3 ppg, 9.4 apg
- Bogdan Bogdanovic 16.4 ppg
Philadelphia player stats:
- Joel Embiid averaged 28.5 ppg (fourth-highest in the NBA)
- Ben Simmons 14.3 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.9 apg
The Hawks’ first-round series win over the New York Knicks saved the sportsbooks some major sweat. The Knicks were FanDuel’s biggest liability in the NBA Championship futures market.
“We have $3.5 million exposure on the Knicks,” said John Sheeran, director of trading at FanDuel, who noted the Knicks were +12000 in the Championship market and then +4200 in Eastern conference.
The Wells Fargo Center is now at full capacity for Sixers home games. Will that have an impact?
Johnny Avello, head of sportsbook and gaming operations at DraftKings, commented:
“I think it will. It increases home court advantage. The fans make the difference in creating a superior home court advantage in basketball.”
Atlanta Hawks vs. Sixers odds and lines
- DraftKings: Hawks (+155)/Sixers (-200)
- FanDuel: Hawks (+154)/Sixers (-192)
Total Games played:
- Over 4.5 (-715)
- Under 4.5 (+440)
- Over 5.5 (-143)
- Under 5.5 (+110)
- Over 6.5 (+240)
- Under 6.5 (-335)
Series Correct Score:
- Sixers win 4-0 (+700)
- Hawks win 4-0 (+1600)
- Sixers win 4-1 (+350)
- Hawks win 4-1 (+800)
- Sixers win 4-2 (+450)
- Hawks win 4-2 (+500)
- Sixers win 4-3 (+450)
- Hawks win 4-3 (+450)
Hawks vs. Sixers series betting splits at DraftKings as of June 4.
- As of June 4, 55% of the handle is on the Sixers (-200) to win the series.
Wizards vs. Sixers round 1 betting recap
Game 1 Wizards vs. Sixers, Sunday, May 23
- Game 1 lines: Sixers (-8). Over/Under 228.5, Sixers (-335)
- Final score: Sixers 125, Wizards 118
- Winning bets: Sixers (-8), OVER, Sixers (-335)
Game 2 Wizards vs Sixers, Wednesday, May 26
- Game 2 lines: Sixers (-8). Over/Under 228.5, Sixers (-400)
- Final score: Sixers 120, Wizards 95
- Winning bets: Sixers (-8), UNDER, Sixers (-400)
Game 3 Sixers vs. Wizards, Saturday, May 29
- Game 3 lines: Sixers (-6), Over/Under (227.5), Sixers ML (-250)
- Final score: Sixers 132, Wizards 103
- Winning bets: Sixers (-6), OVER, Sixers ML (-250)
Game 4 Sixers vs. Wizards, Monday, May 31
- Game 4 lines: Sixers (-8.5), Over/Under 230.5, Sixers ML (-375) Wizards ML (+295)
- Final score: Wizards 122, Sixers 114
- Winning bets: Wizards (+8.5), OVER, Wizards (+295)
Game 5 Wizards vs. Sixers, Wednesday, June 2
- Game 5 lines: Sixers (-6.5), Over/Under 229.5, Sixers ML (-265)
- Final score: Sixers 129, Wizards 112
- Winning bets: Sixers (-6.5), OVER, Sixers (-265)
During the five-game series against the Wizards, the 76ers scored 620 points. It’s the most-ever in a five-game first-round series.
The Sixers were heavy favorites (-1250) to beat the Wizards in five games (+200).
Sixers 2021 NBA Championship and Eastern Conference Odds
At the start of the 2021 NBA Playoffs, sports betting apps in PA had the Brooklyn Nets (+220) and the Los Angeles Lakers (+460) as the favorites to win the 2021 NBA Championship. The Nets are now +170 followed by the Utah Jazz (+320). The Phoenix Suns eliminated the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs.
Embiid’s injury hurt the Sixers’ NBA championship odds.
Sixers NBA Championship odds at some PA online sportsbooks
- FanDuel Sportsbook PA: Start of playoffs +800. Start of round 2 (+1200)
- DraftKings Sportsbook PA: Start of playoffs +650. Start of round 2 (+1000)
- BetMGM Sportsbook PA: Start of playoffs +750. Start of round 2 (+1000)
Philadelphia 76ers Eastern Conference Odds
- FanDuel: Start of playoffs +270. Start of round 2 (+500)
- DraftKings: Start of playoffs +300. Start of round 2 (+400)
NBA Finals MVP Sixers Odds
(odds via BetMGM at start of round 2)
- Joel Embiid: +1200
- Ben Simmons: +3000
- Tobias Harris: +20000
- Seth Curry:+20000
- Dwight Howard:+20000
Sixers 2021 Regular Season Betting Recap
At Pennsylvania online sportsbooks, the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks and Brooklyn Nets opened the season as favorites to win the NBA Championship. A January trade that sent James Harden from the Houston Rockets to the Nets moved the Nets to the second-best odds to claim the NBA title.
The Sixers surpassed their OVER/UNDER win total (42.5) at sports betting apps by putting up a 49-23 record.
Embiid’s scoring average was listed at 24.5. He finished at 28.5.
Betting interest on Sixers during the regular season
“We needed whoever they were playing against as the season went on,” said Avello. “That tells you right there what the betting interest on the Sixers was. They had a very good season. At home they were great, on the road not as good. Finished the season strong. They made their bettors money this year. It was a successful year for the Sixers and the bettors who wagered on them.”