Six days after the date the game was originally scheduled for, the Pittsburgh Steelers will finally host the Baltimore Ravens.
The game has been postponed three times. Of course, COVID-19 was the culprit, since a number of Ravens players tested positive. The AFC North showdown has an odd midafternoon 3:40 p.m. start time. NBC is broadcasting the game, and the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony is scheduled for prime time.
The Ravens will be without reigning NFL MVP Lamar Jackson, who tested positive. Robert Griffin III will start for the Ravens.
On Nov. 23, Pennsylvania sports betting apps opened with the Steelers as 3.5-point favorites, with the total points line at 45.5. Since then, the line has leaped, and the Steelers are 10-point favorites, with the total points line at 42.5.
COVID-19 postpones Ravens vs. Steelers
On Monday, Nov. 23, the Ravens announced that multiple members of their organization had tested positive for COVID-19.
Running backs J.K. Dobbins and Mark Ingram II were among those testing positive and were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Dec. 1 announcement from the Ravens.
Injury report announcements ahead of tomorrow's game vs. Pittsburgh. pic.twitter.com/97e9Y9VCsH
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) December 1, 2020
Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers odds
Here are the odds at FanDuel Sportsbook, followed by the latest Steelers odds.
Steelers odds to go 16-0
Seventeen teams (including the 2020 Steelers) in the Super Bowl era have started a season 10-0.
Here is the latest breakdown on the “Any team to go 16-0” market at DraftKings: Yes (+700)/No (-1350)
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting preview
The Steelers cruised to an easy 27-3 win in Jacksonville. Safeties Minkah Fitzgerald and Terrell Edmunds each intercepted Jags rookie quarterback Jake Luton twice. A potent, deep Steelers offense racked up 373 total yards. The Steelers have scored at least 24 points in every game this season.
The Steelers sit at 10-0, but the Ravens were the ones some analysts thought would go undefeated. During the preseason, PA online sportsbooks offered a “Baltimore Ravens to go 16-0” betting market.
About 10 months after the Tennessee Titans upset the Ravens in the playoffs, they beat them again, in overtime in Week 11, 30-24. The Ravens (6-4) coughed up an 11-point lead in the second half and have lost 3 of their last four (to the Titans, the Patriots and the Steelers). They are in third place in the AFC North.
Ravens vs. Steelers stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 8-2 ATS; the Ravens are 4-5-1.
- Five of the Steelers’ 10 games have hit the over. Four of the Ravens’ 10 games have gone over.
- Each of the Steelers’ last seven night games has gone under the total points line.
- The Ravens have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games as underdogs.
- The Steelers’ stingy defense gives up the lowest ppg (17.4) and leads the league in both interceptions and sacks.
Week 12 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Parlay Boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a four+ leg parlay for any NFL games this weekend.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
Ravens vs. Steelers bet boosts
- Ben Roethlisberger to throw for 300+ yards and three+ TDs boosted from (+375) to +440
- Chase Claypool to score the first TD boosted from (+850) to +1170
- RGIII to record three+ total TDs boosted from +425 to +500
(Max bet $50)
- Steelers to win by 14+ points boosted from (+110) to +140
- Ben Roethlisberger two or more passing TDs and Steelers win boosted from (-200) to +100
- Ben Roethlisberger to have a passer rating of 120 or higher boosted from (+145) to +200
- Diontae Johnson and Marquise Brown to combine for 150 receiving yards or more boosted from (+350) to +400
- Chase Claypool to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from (+600) to +700
- Final Score: Steelers 27, Ravens 21 boosted from (+7500) to +10000
- Robert Griffin III to rush for a touchdown (yes) +325
- Chase Claypool to record two+ TDs (yes) +800
- Over 6.5 total sacks to be recorded in Ravens vs Steelers (yes) +120