Here we go. The draw lotteries of Powerball and Mega Millions are on the rise again.
For Wednesday, Sept. 9, the Powerball estimated jackpot hits the $75 million mark, with a cash value of $59.9 million.
The last winning Powerball numbers, for the drawing on Sept. 5, were 15 – 21 – 22 – 27 – 47, with a Powerball of 7. The Power Play was 2x. Lucky for two winners from Arkansas and Massachusetts, their tickets matched the five white balls, and they bought the Power Play option. This multiplied the prize winnings to $2 million each.
A decade of big PA Powerball winners
The Keystone State has seen some historic Powerball jackpot winners as well. Just in the past decade, five big Powerball winning jackpot tickets were sold in Pennsylvania.
- Emerald Legacy Trust claimed $273.9 million from the March 17, 2018, Powerball drawing.
- Patricia Chandler won $77.4 million in the June 22, 2013, drawing.
- Roger Custer won $33.1 million in the Dec. 5, 2012, Powerball drawing.
- SEPTA employees split a $107.5 million cash ticket from the April 25, 2012, drawing.
- Steven Lloyd claimed a $37.6 million cash winner from the Nov. 19, 2011, drawing.
Buying Powerball tickets online in PA
Try buying your Powerball tickets for tonight’s drawing from the palm of your hand with your mobile device, no matter where you are located (as long as you are within PA’s state borders).
The PA Lottery online greets you with a great welcome bonus package when you sign up and create a new player account. Right now, receive a matched deposit bonus of up to $500, plus an additional $20 on sign-up and successful first deposit.
Winning Powerball numbers for Wednesday, Sept. 9
Powerball winning numbers get drawn on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11 p.m. EST each week. Be sure to check back here for the winning numbers!
Winning numbers: 27 – 52 – 55 – 60 – 64, Powerball: 21
Please play responsibly. Remember that proceeds from the PA Lottery benefit state-run programs for older Pennsylvanians.