The Pittsburgh Panthers (4-1, 1-0 ACC) will have their first-ranked scoring attack on display versus the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2, 1-0 ACC), featuring the No. 92 scoring D in the nation, on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The Panthers are favored by 6.5 points. An over/under of 55.5 points has been set for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
Panthers Player Insights
- Kenny Pickett leads Pittsburgh with 1,731 passing yards (346.2 ypg) on 121-of-168 passing with 19 touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 139 rushing yards (27.8 ypg) on 37 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Israel Abanikanda’s team-high 207 rushing yards (41.4 per game) have come on 48 carries, with four touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 88 yards (17.6 per game).
- This season Vincent Davis has piled up 56 carries for 203 yards (40.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jordan Addison’s team-high 524 receiving yards (104.8 yards per game) have come on 29 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Taysir Mack has put up a 304-yard season so far (60.8 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 16 passes.
- Jared Wayne’s 15 grabs have netted him 221 yards (55.3 ypg).
Panthers Team Stats
- The Panthers, on average, are scoring 33.8 more points per game this season (52.4) than the Hokies are allowing (18.6).
- When it meets or goes over what Virginia Tech gives up this season (18.6 points per game), Pittsburgh is 4-1.
- The Panthers defense has allowed 22.6 points per game this year, about the same as the 24.6 the Hokies have scored.
- Pittsburgh is 3-0 this year in games where they allow less than 24.6 points.
- The Panthers are accumulating 559 yards per game, 235.2 more than the Hokies are allowing (323.8).
- The Panthers’ offense ranks third in the FBS in yards per game (559), while the Hokies rank 38th in yards allowed (323.8).
Panthers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh has put together a 4-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Every game involving Pittsburgh has hit the over so far this season.
- The Panthers won 52-21 last time out when they faced the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Panthers covered the spread as 3-point favorites.
- The teams combined to score 73 points, hitting the over on the 57.5-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from