The 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers didn’t secure their second victory until Oct. 13. The 2020 Steelers are already 2-0.
One can look at the Steelers’ record as the first steps on their return to the playoffs and Ben Roethlisberger’s big comeback. Or one could point to their first two opponents’ 2019 combined record of 11-21 and hold out judgment.
Their Week Three matchup against the winless Houston Texans will provide the Steelers a tough early-season test and a better indication of whether they are back to form.
The Texans vs. Steelers game has had the biggest point spread movement of any Week Three game. As of Friday, the Steelers are a four-point favorite at Pennsylvania online sportsbooks.
Texans vs. Steelers line movement
On Monday at DraftKings, the Steelers were 5.5-point favorites. Now they are favored by 4.
At BetRivers, the Steelers are 2-point favorites, down from -4. The Steelers (-205) have 55% of the moneyline bets backing and 60% of spread bets.
At William Hill in New Jersey, the Steelers saw their 6-point edge slip to 4 points.
“They’re 0-2, but Houston started off with the two toughest teams in the league in K.C. and Baltimore,” said Nick Bogdanovich, director of trading for William Hill US. “They’re not dropping off too much in class this weekend; Pittsburgh’s pretty good. But the Steelers have a bunch of injuries to their offensive line.”
Texans at Steelers NFL Week 3 Odds
Here’s a look at closing odds for the Steelers in Week Three.
|Houston Texans||+4||O 45 (-110)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-4||U 45 (-110)|
Sneak peek at Week 4 Steelers at Titans Odds
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 3 Betting Preview
In Week Two, the Steelers jumped out to a 17-3 lead at halftime against the Denver Broncos. However, despite their quarterback Drew Lock, running back (Phillip Lindsay) and wide receiver (Courtland Sutton) exiting with injuries, they rallied.
Steelers safety Terrell Edmunds notched the team’s seventh sack of the day on a Broncos fourth-and-2 at the Steelers 15 to secure the 26-21 win. It was another solid game for Roethlisberger, who threw for 311 yards and two touchdowns. James Conner rushed for 106 yards and one touchdown.
There are a number of injuries to keep an eye on for the Texans vs. Steelers game. For the Texans, wide receiver Brandin Cooks and defensive end J.J. Watt have shown up on the injury report this week.
Public betting splits at FanDuel Sportsbook for Texans vs. Steelers:
70% of bets and 74% of money for Steelers on the spread
53% of bets and 79% of money for Steelers on the moneyline
84% of bets and 90% of money on the over (45)
At BetRivers, the Steelers account for 60% of spread bets.
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Texans have not covered the spread yet this season.
- The Steelers are 1-1 ATS this season.
- The Steelers have won each of their last 12 home games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Texans have covered the spread in each of their last six games following a home loss.
- Eight of the Steelers’ last 10 games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Week 3 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- NFL Profit Boost: Opt in and you’ll get a single-use profit boost to use on every NFL game for Week Two. A 20% profit boost will apply to the winnings (max bet $50).
- 100-1 odds: New users at DraftKings get 100-1 odds on any Week Three game.
- Beat the spread bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- First TD boost: Get an odds boost on select players to score the first touchdown.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Football Double-Up: Place a pregame moneyline wager and get double winnings if your team scores 35 or more points (max bet $50).
- Anytime catch bonus: Place a $25 pregame anytime touchdown scorer wager on the Green Bay vs. New Orleans Saints game and get a $3 bonus for every reception by your selected player (max $25).
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max bet $50).
NFL Week 3 Pittsburgh Steelers bet boosts
DraftKings bet boost:
- Deshaun Watson and Ben Roethlisberger to record four or more combined touchdown passes boosted from (-105) to +135
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score a touchdown and record 65 or more receiving yards boosted from (+300) to +370
FanDuel bet boost:
- Steelers to cover -3.5 boosted from (-120) to +120 (max bet $50)
Fox Bet Steelers boost:
- Roethlisberger two or more passing TDs and Steelers to win boosted from (+150) to +200
Complete NFL Week 4 Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic