In one of the most wild NFL games you’ll ever see, the Pittsburgh Steelers upset the defending AFC champion Cincinnati Bengals in Week 1, 23-20, in overtime. Chris Boswell kicked the game-winning 53-yard field goal with five seconds remaining.
Sportsbooks had the Steelers as 6.5-point underdogs on the road against the Bengals. As the Steelers jumped out to a 17-3 lead in the second quarter, Steelers +6.5 bettors felt comfortable with the spread the entire game. The missed opportunities cost Over bettors, too. The game went Under the total points (44.5).
The Steelers blew that lead and allowed the Bengals to score a touchdown as time expired in regulation to tie the game at 20. Minkah Fitzpatrick blocked the extra point to force overtime. Overtime featured two punts and a missed field goal from each team.
In the Steelers’ first game post-Ben Roethlisberger era, Mitchell Trubisky went 21-for-38 for 194 yards and a touchdown.
However, the win came with a major loss. It is believed TJ Watt tore his pectoral.
The Steelers will host the New England Patriots on Sept. 18 at 1 p.m. Opening Week 2 betting lines have the Steelers as 1.5-point underdogs against the Patriots at Pennsylvania sportsbooks.
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 betting odds
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 betting preview
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 betting preview on DraftKings PA sportsbook.
- Mac Jones suffered a back injury during the loss to the Dolphins.
- Patriots have a 53% win probability
- Patriots 0-1 ATS; Steelers 1-0 ATS
- Patriots 0-1 O/U; Steelers 0-1 O/U
- Patriots 7 avg points for; Steelers 23 avg points for
- Patriots 20 avg points against; Steelers 20 avg points against
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 player prop betting
Pittsburgh Steelers player props have been released on PA sportsbooks.
Mitchell Trubisky props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings PA sportsbook: Over 219.5 (+100) / Under 219.5 (-135)
- Caesars PA sportsbook: Over 219.5 (+100) / Under 219.5 (-137)
- DraftKings: Over 1.5 (+150) / Under 1.5 (-200)
- Caesars: Over 1.5 (+126) / Under 1.5 (-189)
- DraftKings: Over 15.5 (-120) / Under 19.5 (-110)
- Caesars: Over 15.5 (-101) / Under 19.5 (-135)
Najee Harris props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings: Over 51.5 (-115) / Under 51.5 (-115)
- Caesars: Over 51.5 (-103) / Under 51.5 (-133)
- DraftKings: Over 14.5 (-120) / Under 14.5 (-110)
- Caesars: Over 14.5 (-129) / Under 14.5 (-106)
Rushing + receiving yards
- DraftKings: Over 70.5 (-110) / Under 70.5 (-120)
- Caesars: Over 70.5 (+104) / Under 70.5 (-142)
Diontae Johnson props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings: Over 54.5 (-125) / Under 54.5 (-110)
- Caesars: Over 54.5 (-115) / Under 54.5 (-119)
- DraftKings: Over 5.5 (-105) / Under 5.5 (-125)
- Caesars: Over 5.5 (-109) / Under 5.5 (-125)
Chase Claypool props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings: Over 41.5 (-110) / Under 41.5 (-120)
- Caesars: Over 41.5 (-115) / Under 41.5 (-119)
- DraftKings: Over 3.5 (-125) / Under 3.5 (-105)
- Caesars: Over 3.5 (-133) / Under 3.5 (-103)
George Pickens props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings: Over 30.5 (-110) / Under 30.5 (-120)
- Caesars: Over 30.5 (-145) / Under 30.5 (+106)
Pat Freiermuth props vs. Patriots
- DraftKings: Over 37.5 (-115) / Under 37.5 (-115)
- Caesars: Over 37.5 (-133) / Under 37.5 (-103)
- DraftKings: Over 3.5 (-140) / Under 3.5 (+105)
- Caesars: Over 3.5 (-174) / Under 3.5 (+126)
Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 betting insight
Fans and bettors in Pittsburgh are getting excited about the Steelers’ upset win over the Bengals in Week 1. Max Schmerin, sportsbook manager at Rivers Casino Pittsburgh, talks about the fans’ excitement and how bettors are betting Patriots vs. Steelers in Week 3.
“People aren’t overwhelmed with the play of the quarterback, however, the defense and special teams really came through,” Schmerin said. “Now we’ll be missing one of the best players (TJ Watt) on the defensive side of the ball over the next few weeks, but they believe the depth and the safety play of Minkah Fitzpatrick and with another game, Trubisky can slow things down and get more chemistry with his receivers.”
Schmerin said 76% of the money and 85% of the tickets are on the Steelers to cover the spread vs. the Patriots and 80% of the money is on the under.
Pittsburgh Steelers Week 3 betting lines vs. Browns TNF
Pittsburgh Steelers odds tracker
(Odds via DraftKings)
|Open||Start of Regular Season||After Week 1||After Week 2||After Week 3||After Week 4|
|To Make Playoffs||Yes (+300) / No (-400)||Yes (+350)||Yes (+295) / No (-390)||Yes (+400) / No (-600)||Yes (+500) / No (-700)|
NFL Week 2 betting lines at sportsbooks
Lead image Kirk Irwin/AP