The Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1) will face the Kansas City Chiefs, the defending AFC Champions, in the wild card round of the NFL playoffs.
What time and what channel is the Steelers playoff game on?
- The Steelers play Chiefs at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday, Jan 16 on NBC.
Heading into their Week 18 game against the Baltimore Ravens, the Pittsburgh Steelers were clinging to a small shred of hope to make the postseason.
Steelers odds to make the playoffs leading up the last regular season game varied at sportsbooks:
- DraftKings: Yes (+1400)
- FanDuel: To make the playoffs as of 3 AFC Wild Cards (+1000)
- BetMGM: To make the playoffs as of 3 AFC Wild Cards (+1600)
The Jacksonville Jaguars (-625 moneyline) beat the Indianapolis Colts, which opened the door to the postseason for the Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger tossed for 244 yards and Chris Boswell kicked a 36-yard field goal in overtime give Pittsburgh (+3) a 16-13 win. The low-scoring game went Under the total (41).
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs Wild Card odds
Steelers vs. Chiefs Week 18 betting preview
- The Chiefs have a 83% implied win probability
- Steelers ATS 8-9; Chiefs ATS 8-9
- Steelers O/U 6-11; Chiefs O/U 10-7
- Steelers avg. points for 20.2; Chiefs avg. points for 28.2
- Steelers avg. points against 23.4; Chiefs avg. points against 21.4
Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Odds, AFC Championship
Pittsburgh Steelers Wild Card preview vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Pittsburgh visited Arrowhead Stadium in Week 16 to face the Kansas City Chiefs who were without Travis Kelce. The road trip marked the third time the Black and Yellow dug themselves into a huge hole by the half. The Steelers were the first team in NFL history to trail by at least 23 points at halftime in three straight road games. Adding to their woes at the time, they failed to score a touchdown in the first half of five straight games for the first time since 1940.
Patrick Mahomes passed for 3 TDs to lead the Chiefs to a 36-10 win. The Chiefs easily covered the 10-point spread and the game went Over the total (45).
Mahomes leads the AFC in passing yards (4839) and TDs (37). The Chiefs are first in the AFC in total yards per game(396.8).
T.J. Watt props
T.J. Watt smashed his preseason sack prop going over 12.5. He finished the regular season with 22.5 (tying the league record). Watt was +800 to lead the league in sacks, right behind Miles Garrett (+750).
Pittsburgh Steelers season-long props recap
Roethlistberger passing yards prop
- DraftKings: Over 3900.5 (-115)/Under 3900.5 (-115)
- After Week 18: 3740 passing yards
Roethlistberger passing touchdowns
- DraftKings: Over 27.5 (-115)/Under 27.5 (-115)
- After Week 18: 22 TDs
Ben Roethlistberger interceptions thrown
- Over 12.5 (-125)/Under 12.5 (-105)
- After Week 18: 10 INTs
Najee Harris season-long Player props
Najee Harris regular season rushing TDs
- FanDuel: Over 7.5 (-142)/Under 7.5 (+112)
- After Week 16: 7 TDs
On Sept. 9, FanDuel reported that 99% of the money was on the OVER for Najee Harris 7.5 touchdowns.
Najee Harris regular season rushing yards
- FanDuel: Over 1050.5 (-112)/Under 1050.5 (-112)
- After Week 18: 1200 rushing yards