The Miami Marlins (62-84) and Jesus Sanchez (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-155) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (54-92) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET on BSFL. Miami’s Elieser Hernandez and Pittsburgh’s Wil Crowe have been named the starters for this contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 17, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: William Crowe
- Crowe (3-7) takes the mound first for the Pirates in his 23rd start of the season. He has a 5.97 ERA in 101 innings pitched, with 95 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came in relief on Thursday when the righty tossed 2/3 innings against the Reds while allowing hits.
- Crowe is trying to record his third quality start of the year in this game.
- The Pirates have 11 quality starts over their 71 road games.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.299), home runs (23) and runs batted in (86) this season.
- Reynolds’ 153 hits rank 13th, his .299 AVG ranks 13th, his .377 OBP ranks sixth, his .514 SLG ranks 19th, and his 86 RBI rank 25th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jacob Stallings is batting .242 with an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from