Nicholas Castellanos, batting .308 this season, leads the Cincinnati Reds (82-78) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Bryan Reynolds (.298 AVG this season) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (60-100). Castellanos and the Reds are -180 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at PNC Park, beginning at 6:35 PM ET live on SportsNet PT. Cincinnati’s Tyler Mahle and Pittsburgh’s Max Kranick have been named the starters for this contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of October 2, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Max Kranick
- The Pirates will send Kranick (2-3) to the mound to make his ninth start of the season. He is 2-3 with a 6.23 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Phillies, when he threw five scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Kranick has not registered a quality start so far this season.
- The Pirates have had a quality start from their pitcher in 14 home games (in 79 home contests).
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs (24) and runs batted in (89) this season while batting .298.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Reynolds ranks 10th in AVG (.298), fifth in OBP (.388), 16th in SLG (.515), and 16th in hits (165).
- Colin Moran is batting .265 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from