The Cincinnati Reds (75-71) will look to avoid the sweep when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (54-91) to complete a three-game series. Sportsbooks have listed the Reds as -155 favorites for the series finale, while the Pirates are +135 underdogs to complete their sweep. Tyler Mahle starts for Cincinnati while Pittsburgh will counter with Connor Overton.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 16, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Connor Overton
- Overton will make his first start of the season for the Pirates.
- He did not pitch in a contest last season with a total set by oddsmakers.
- The Pirates average eight strikeouts per nine innings at home this season.
- The Pirates have had a quality start from their pitcher 13 times in 74 home games.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 23 and runs batted in with 86.
- Reynolds’ 152 hits rank 14th, his .299 AVG ranks 12th, his .378 OBP ranks sixth, his .516 SLG ranks 19th, and his 86 RBI rank 25th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jacob Stallings is batting .242 with an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from