A pair of division rivals take to the field on Tuesday when the second-place Cincinnati Reds (75-69) visit the fifth-place Pittsburgh Pirates (52-91). Oddsmakers favor the Reds (-160) for the contest, which starts at 6:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. Cincinnati’s Wade Miley gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Dillon Peters.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 13, 2021, 7:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Dillon Peters
- Peters gets the start for the Pirates, his fifth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.37 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 18 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the left-hander went four innings against the Tigers, allowing two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The Pirates have gone 11-43 this season in games the club has given up two or more home runs.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.299), home runs (23) and runs batted in (85) this season.
- Reynolds ranks 12th in hits (150), 13th in AVG (.299), 18th in SLG (.514), eighth in OBP (.376), and 23rd in RBI (85) among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Colin Moran has 73 hits and an OBP of .345 to go with a slugging percentage of .418 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from